Hysan Place New Hot Toys Pictures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What Iron Man is that? Is it power pose/diecast?

The Iron Patriot and Mark XVII are diecast. And the Mark VII BD is plastic. They didn't make Mark VII in Diecast ( yet ). And the Mark XVII and IP aren't made in plastic.

Power pose is not in these pics

And the Mark XVII and IP aren't made in plastic.

in complete plastic. The figure is something like 40% diecast isn't it? Either way those IM3 figures really look phenomenal, especially IP. The pricepoint will keep me out of them but overall they do look great.

in complete plastic. The figure is something like 40% diecast isn't it? Either way those IM3 figures really look phenomenal, especially IP. The pricepoint will keep me out of them but overall they do look great.

Sorry. I assumed we all know what the percentage breakdown is.

Well for what its worth the guy at the hot toys shop said the 2 figures are 50% diecast. Judging from the pictures the shoulder joint is plastic which would lead me to believe its gonna be plastic frame and metal armour plates? But who knows? These are just prototypes.

EDIT: If anyone wants any specific pictures then let me know cause I am just down the street. But yeah only Iron Man.

Well for what its worth the guy at the hot toys shop said the 2 figures are 50% diecast. Judging from the pictures the shoulder joint is plastic which would lead me to believe its gonna be plastic frame and metal armour plates? But who knows? These are just prototypes.

EDIT: If anyone wants any specific pictures then let me know cause I am just down the street. But yeah only Iron Man.

Since you've seen it up close, are you able to tell what is metal?

Since you've seen it up close, are you able to tell what is metal?

I could not discern between the metal and plastic parts on the diecast models, except for the shoulder joint which was very plastic looking.

The front side of the battle damage mark vii was extremely plastic-looking though. Finish does not look like anything like the mark vi battle damage.

EDIT: Interesting read regarding metal vs plastic in figures.

https://theminiaturespage.com/boards/msg.mv?id=244698

These your pics? If so what are the figures like in person? Pics can be deceiving so I'm more interested in your opinion on them 'in hand' so to speak :)

Yes, the pictures were taken by myself. In all honesty, they look pretty amazing to me. Given the relative high quality paint applications used by hot toy, it is impossible, at least to my untrained eye, to distinguish between the metal and plastic parts. Both of the diecast figures are in pretty 'safe' poses and are displayed in a way that don't require much joint bending.

Of the three new models I snapped, the one that failed to impress me was the special battle damage mark vii. The paint is very flat and makes the entire front of the figure seem very, very plastic. I think hands down the mark vi battle damage release looked much, much better in terms of paint application and realism. Also the upper arms also seem very slender and not in correct proportions when viewed from the top or the side.

At this stage, I would guess that these are prototypes being displayed. I would not be surprised if minor changes were made before release.

Back