Hulu - Marvel's Runaways

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First episode was pretty cool - good intro to the cast, solid visual style and nice soundtrack.
Unfortunately next two episodes were messy as hell and pretty damn boring.
Very little story or character development and no action at all in these 55 minute episodes...

Don't think I'll come back to this show in the near future.

More of a general question but is there ANYTHING on Hulu that's worth signing up for the service? I have PS Vue and Netflix and will inevitably get the Disney one. This show just isn't appealing at all, not even to sign up for the free trial.

So I've been watching this show weekly and maybe 3-4 episodes in, I thought "I've got to read the original run of comics." So I did....

And ever since, I can't get over how many missed opportunities this show has on a weekly basis and ultimately, how far away from the "Runaways" comic series this show really is. They might as well have called it "Marvel 90210" like nash said because this is a very loose adaptation at best. I'm really surprised at all of the liberties that were takes. It amazes me they went so far as to "green light" this show (which I'm sure took some convincing) and then abandon the source material in favor of the writing/storyline we see on screen.

End rant. :lol

Why didn't marvel just go all out and make the black kid a trans, white boy gay or bi, and the strong Mexican chic a dreamer? Fill out all your sjw quota in one show.

because one character is a lesbian? like she was written in the comics back in 2003? :dunno

I've been enjoying the show, I wish there was more action though.

Man this went from promise to snooze fest. I tried watching season three and finally just gave up after two episodes. I can see from all the action here others must feel as I do.

too bad too, I liked the characters the first season. But it really sucks now.

Back