Hulk Maquette price... What do you think?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hulk Maquette price... What do you think?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing better to do, & shooting yourselves in the foot is the best you came up with???:dunno Maybe you should all try self mutilation? I mean, it's a hell of lot more creative, instant gratification, And way cheaper....................FOR ALL OF US!!!!!!:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

What are you talking about. I want it to be more expensive so you can't get it. :)

Why let SS know we'll overpay? Low ball the price and expect them to go a little higher to hopefully match your satisfaction.

I'm willing to bet the positive reaction received a comic con regarding this piece would have more impact on the final price than this thread ever could. Think about how many people went up to SS reps after seeing this piece and excitedly asked "when does this go up for pre-order"?

What are you talking about. I want it to be more expensive so you can't get it. :)

Again, not a question of affordability but stupidity. Practically begging for higher pricing, whether your consciously aware of it or not, is simply stupid.:cuckoo: Don't believe it? Why not ask Warren Buffet, or any truly rich for that matter, if he's willing to overpay for anything, just because he can afford it.

Do us all a favor next time you want to shoot yourselves in the foot. Aim a little higher= a merciful kill for all.:wink1::wave

$799... and that might well be low-balling it.

This figure will be monstrously expensive, count on it. Puns intended.

Practically begging for higher pricing, whether your consciously aware of it or not, is simply stupid.

Don't worry, SS will give you a monstrous price with no prompting at all. The price for this has been set long ago, I'd bet. This is a popular character and not unlike the Doom LSF, many collectors will pay whatever is asked.

so you think this one piece sculpt with a single green paint, cost the same as galactus?

fail

Galactus is a much less popular character.

Doom LSF = $2500-ish.

Galactus = $799? I think it is....? Galactus is less popular than Doom for one thing.... but Hulk is more popular than Doom AND Galactus.... get ready for a stratospheric price on this piece.

My formula is to take what I consider a reasonable price, and then double it. This usually works pretty well, although I admit that in Doom's case it STILL FELL SHORT lol.

Again, not a question of affordability but stupidity. Practically begging for higher pricing, whether your consciously aware of it or not, is simply stupid.:cuckoo: Don't believe it? Why not ask Warren Buffet, or any truly rich for that matter, if he's willing to overpay for anything, just because he can afford it.

Do us all a favor next time you want to shoot yourselves in the foot. Aim a little higher= a merciful kill for all.:wink1::wave

You see. I just won't be happy unless this Hulk maquette is priced to the point where only a true fan would buy it.

I use to not feel that way but you convinced me. :)

Oh and if you noticed I did not put a price point up. I just understand why others are talking about it. It's the nature of the beast.

Call them, me, or whoever stupid as much as you want. I think SS has a price in mind and that is what they are going to sell it for. Sure they may look at the boards. But that is just part of who will be buying this. They need to put a price on that other collectors will be willing to pay and not just the super fans.

SS prices have always been somewhat consistent and people have always guessed at the prices. In fact I have not seen to many guesses on here that have been all that crazy and one would have to be nuts, stupid or just wishfully thinking that the price is going to be lower or much lower then Galactus. But I will be more then happy to be wrong.

Last edited:
Ha ha ha this thread is funny. Just to keep it going I'm gonna guess 1 million trillion billion dollars. Feel free to discuss.

Sideshow has a price in mind already. No manufacturer is gives to green light a project without having some idea of the final price point. The idea/suggestion/implication that Sideshow's finance guys are so oblivious on the final pricing point they must resort to going through pricing threads on various collector's boards is ridiculous.

Evidently Sideshow's management is sitting in a meeting discussing a potential $499 price point for this piece. A finance guy then exclaims "hey I read a thread on the Sideshow Freaks where a few folks said they would pay $899 for this statue". Everyone jumps around ecstatically, giving out fist pumps, high fives and chest bumps celebrating the new $899 price point. They all realize that if it weren't for this thread they may have missed out on thousands of dollars in additional revenues. :lol

My formula is to take what I consider a reasonable price, and then double it. This usually works pretty well, although I admit that in Doom's case it STILL FELL SHORT lol.

This is what is known as the Legacy Pricing Equation....I use it for all pieces manufactured by Legacy and more often than not, it's accurate. :lol

This is what is known as the Legacy Pricing Equation....I use it for all pieces manufactured by Legacy and more often than not, it's accurate. :lol
As part of your equation you should also cut your Final Product Expectation Parameter in half :lecture

As part of your equation you should also cut your Final Product Expectation Parameter in half :lecture

:sigh: No doubt you are right.

I am old-school and I think when you pay a king's ransom for something, it ought to be fit for a king when you get it. I know nothing, as you can see.

Galactus is a much less popular character.

Doom LSF = $2500-ish.

Galactus = $799? I think it is....? Galactus is less popular than Doom for one thing.... but Hulk is more popular than Doom AND Galactus.... get ready for a stratospheric price on this piece.

:slap and you _____ at HT Spidey's price for being higher than Nick Fury.

Well Spider-Man is a more popular character than Nick Fury so according to you it demands a higher price :lecture

And Spider-Man is more popular than Loki so Loki should be much lower too :lecture

:slap and you _____ at HT Spidey's price for being higher than Nick Fury.

Well Spider-Man is a more popular character than Nick Fury so according to you it demands a higher price :lecture

And Spider-Man is more popular than Loki so Loki should be much lower too :lecture

Could you please point me to the post where I complained about Fury's pricing, or even once compared it to HT Spidey's? Did you just beam in from another dimension....? WTF are you even going on about?

Here's my final word on Hot Toy's Spidey, and feel free to quote me: the piece looks like crap, and I would not pay $25 for it much less $200. Everyone else please excuse this off-topicness, this guy pops in here and just loses his mind over the fact that I think the new HT Spidey looks like crap. Truly, LOL and :cuckoo:

I say $599 based on the size. Its really just an over proportioned human unlike Galactus which has a ton of detail.

I say $599 based on the size. Its really just an over proportioned human unlike Galactus which has a ton of detail.

I don't know anything about sculpting but I would think Galactus would be easier to sculpt well then Hulk. I say that because straight lines and angles are easier then rounded human anatomy. I think?? I really don't know. Galactus looks cool. But Hulk looks like it jumped right off the movie screen.

Also a 2D character seems easier to do then a 3D actor or in this case CGI character made to look a bit like Mark Ruffalo. I only say that because SS seems to have more luck with great Comic based statues but at times will stumble with human likness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back