Hulk: Bowen vs Kotobukiya

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
good point. I prefer the vintage looks. My experience with koto is a lack of quality. not invited in my glorious collection

Yeah, see I am more of a modern guy.... Same reason I prefer the look of new Hulk Maquette to the PF. Different strokes for different folks. My only question would be the quality issues you brought up.

Kotobukiya all the way there quality is just as good or better than SS as of recent...The Bowen is nice too. Looking. Forward to your decision.

ive seen a few kotos and wasn't impressed. simple as that.

I agree as far as not being impressed.IMO the sculpting on the most of the Marvel stuff looks sloppy to me.The regular Hulk statue they released sometime ago is probably one of the sloppiest sculpts I have seen put out by a major company(check out the abdomen area).The sculpting quality of Koto's other lines (bishoujo,DC,Star wars etc) are of a much higher quality than their regular Marvel stuff.I have a good feeling that I am far from alone on this, I have noticed Koto's Marvel releases have turned to only a trickle of new product released from what they started out producing .

Last edited:
At least Koto version has way more detail, & better pose. But still, not my thing.

I'm not sure. Comparing my only Bowen (action Spidey) to Koto's 1/6 Spiderman, the Bowen is noticeably smaller, even though he's a fatty. :rotfl

Koto should have a gold tooth light-up exclusive!...lol

Last edited:
in regard to scale...I know Koto say they are 1:6 and Bowen just labels there FS...
but what I have come across is that some of Kotos are 1:7 and the Bowen Savage Hulk Varient is 1:6...
If one says the Hulk is 7 feet tall then in 1:6 scale that would be 14" tall and Bowen Hulk measures from bottom of the foot to top of the head 14"
On the other hand Capt Am is supposed to be 6' 2" and in 1:6 scale that should be over 12" high...I measured Koto's Capt. Am from bottom of his foot to the top of his head...he only stands 11" tall.

I do hope that the Koto Hulk is the same height as Bowen's Hulk.

I have been mostly a 1:6 figure collector and wanted all my Marvel stuff in scale, but had to compromise when it came to Koto's Avengers...but I am still very very happy with all of them!...

They all look great together

upload photos

Back