HT The Dark Knight New Costume PHOTO Thread.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Dark Knight New Costume PHOTO Thread.

I think it might be that the body is a bit slimer than the first version.
I am not sure since this is supposed to be my 1st sixth scale figure and I am anxious to get it.

Just posting a pic up, still beats the Medicom IMO for overall value and what you get with the figure.

102jev9.jpg

Just posting a pic up, still beats the Medicom IMO for overall value and what you get with the figure.

102jev9.jpg

See if you compare the quality/sculpt/paint hot toys beats medicom in an instant but if you compare it to the movie that why medicom wins because it looks more like the bat suit in the movie which is the whole purpose. A replica of the original.

Well, i don't know..they both have their inaccuracies..Medicoms carbon fibre looks cheap but, they got it in all the right places, the neck is wrong on the Medicom and i think they made his eyes blue which is wrong again, the chest plate looks too round on Medicom but, its definitely the headsculpt and wire cape that sells it i think..and having it be to scale with most 12inch figures now.

I tend to agree. Although the Medicom appears more accurate, in terms of an all round quality figure, the HT owns.

The Medicom headsculpt/ cowl appears to be more film accurate than the Hot toys Headsculpt/ cowl.

The medicom figure (when compared to the Hot Toys figure) seems to highlight the flaws/ not so accurate areas of the Hot toys fig...that is only my opinion. Many people may not agree. Hot toys TDK Bats is still an amazing figure and I'm proud to have one on my shelf. Im sure a few months down the line when Hot toys release a new and improved DX TDK Batman, we may feel differently about this medicom one. Its just personal preference I guess as to which you like and would happily buy. I think anything to do with Batman is worth buying!

What was the difference ?

It was never proven. Except there was a huge debate that wouldn't let go squabbling over something so minuscule that some they wanted it to be there, so many couldn't tell the difference.

They said there was huge changes in the armour sticking out and some paint changes on the abs or something along those lines.

Some posted photos of it, side by side, face to back side on views that I honestly could not tell any difference. Back sitting on the desk with the chest armour off side by side comparison shots.

Last edited:

Oh well. Ignorance is bliss, so I am blissfully happy with mine. :)

Is this the one you bought https://www.wbshop.com/BATMAN-The-D...gure/BATDCDKBAT02,default,pd.html?cgid=battag that looks like the dc version not hot toys , they probably have the wrong pic

Yeah, that's just the wrong photo. If you drill down to additional images you can see two Hot Toys pics. Had they sent me something other then a HT Batman I would have just sent it back.

So from what I'm getting off this board there's a debate as to if there really is two versions of this figure? I guess it really doesn't matter in the end. I'm so happy with this guy, he has his own Detolf shelf right now! :lol

yeah i like my hot toys batman too, it looks awesome, can wait for the dx im sure hot toys is going to blow medicom version in the dust(lets just hope there making one)

So from what I'm getting off this board there's a debate as to if there really is two versions of this figure? I guess it really doesn't matter in the end. I'm so happy with this guy, he has his own Detolf shelf right now! :lol

There had been a big debate on whether there were any differences between the first batch and the second batch of figures. I have one from the second batch and when I compare it to pics of the first batch I can't tell any difference whatsoever. I don't know how the rumor started, but I would say it is most definitely false.

See if you compare the quality/sculpt/paint hot toys beats medicom in an instant but if you compare it to the movie that why medicom wins because it looks more like the bat suit in the movie which is the whole purpose. A replica of the original.

²

as much as nice looking the figure by itself is, it just isn't that movie accurate.

Nice figure, nice pictures okay, but none of them can give me a impression like this:
medibale4.jpg
thisonea.jpg

this is just WOW!

It's funny how it's a Joker v1 repeat though.

Back