HT ENDO Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't have any wave 1 shots, but maybe it was the proto that really was clean... and then HT "dirtied" it up a bit before prod went out.

If you have a pic of a 'clean' one, can you post for comparison?

This is an old shot of edwint's that pjam linked in the Terminator thread, looking at the pics again, looks like how new it looks varies with light, I'll have to experiment with my own, even if there is no paint variation, at the bottom line, the one I own has the right look for me and that's what counts most, just certainly surprised me to not get something all nice and polished like some images led me to believe in way back.

IMG_1839.jpg

At the moment, the only certain difference is wave 1 had a The Terminator packaging with pictures of Kyle and the BD T-800 from HT on the back, wave 2 says Terminator 2 Judgement Day and only depicts the Endo on the back of the box.

ahh thanks MF. so the actual finish and chroming of the endo itself is the same? Ive read others saying the wave 2 is darker gun metal, etc...

ahh thanks MF. so the actual finish and chroming of the endo itself is the same? Ive read others saying the wave 2 is darker gun metal, etc...

Well, it seemed that the finish on wave 2 was more gun metal like, but that's in question at the moment with no conclusive proof, we're questioning if it's true or just the quality of photos posted now. There's no way to no for sure I guess other than to have both figures in hand and side by side.

Maulfan, that looks like ours I think. Dark areas around the pistons and all.

Nash: the question we all had was that some of the 1st proto pics had the endo looking very clean and very silvery chrome. What we're calling Wave 2 is the ones that shipped recently that we all thought looked darker -- not gun metal so much as it just looked more "dirty", closer to the battle damaged one.

But it's looking like the clean chrome endo was only in the proto pics that circulated. Maybe HT fixed the endo before the initial wave 1.

Here's early proto:

MPT8002.gif

Ya, I can't tell for sure anymore if there is true difference or not, bottom line I'm happy with what I got which is what counts. I wouldn't be surprised if HT improved it from the proto, every figure I've seen of theirs has been better from proto pictures except for the color change on Jack Sparrow's coat.

oh... never knew there were 2 waves
mine was the very first batch... got it way back when it first came out :D

So there are no problems in 2nd wave of colour difference between head and rest of the body. (darkness/shade)?
Good to hear ;-)

So there are no problems in 2nd wave of colour difference between head and rest of the body. (darkness/shade)?
Good to hear ;-)

THat's not what we've been discussing; we were discussing differences between overall figure finish between waves 1 and 2. As for differences between head and body, at least on my wave 2 figure, the head is slightly more metallic looking than the body which has a softer appearance to it.

At the moment, the only certain difference is wave 1 had a The Terminator packaging with pictures of Kyle and the BD T-800 from HT on the back, wave 2 says Terminator 2 Judgement Day and only depicts the Endo on the back of the box.

Also, Wave 2 has a stand that says Terminator 2 Judgment Day, Wave 1 just says Terminator. It has to do with Sideshow only having the license to distribute product for T2 in the US and Hot Toys only having the license for the first Terminator. Basically, Sideshow subcontracted HT to make them T2 Endos.

In fact, the T2 Endo is the only Hot Toys product that says Sideshow Collectibles on the package with SSC contact info.

Also, Wave 2 has a stand that says Terminator 2 Judgment Day, Wave 1 just says Terminator. It has to do with Sideshow only having the license to distribute product for T2 in the US and Hot Toys only having the license for the first Terminator. Basically, Sideshow subcontracted HT to make them T2 Endos.

In fact, the T2 Endo is the only Hot Toys product that says Sideshow Collectibles on the package with SSC contact info.

I didn't even look at the packaging that closely, interesting. Makes sense now why Sideshow Got theirs so much later than the rest of the world, having to get their own custom packaging made up. So the T2 Endo is basically a Sideshow Exclusive.

As I've tried to stay away from these threads as I'm trying heard not to buy the HT Endo, can someone just confirm that there are a few different types for sale:

HT T1 Endo - Clean
HT T1 Endo - Battle damage with detailed base
HT/SS T2 Endo - Not battle damaged but with a not as clean a finish as the original HT Endo

I'm thinking of getting one and just wated to know what to look for.

Cheers,

PsychoCenobite :monkey5

As I've tried to stay away from these threads as I'm trying heard not to buy the HT Endo, can someone just confirm that there are a few different types for sale:

HT T1 Endo - Clean
HT/SS T2 Endo - Not battle damaged but with a not as clean a finish as the original HT Endo

Cheers,

To my knowledge its only this 2

HT T1 Endo - Clean
HT T1 Endo - Battle damage with detailed base (i have this one)

HT T1 Endo - Clean

Cheers,

Here's the final list.

T1 Packaging - Regular Endo
T1 Packaging - Battle Damaged Endo
T2 Pacakging - Regular Endo

Both regulars are painted the same, the only difference is that Sideshow doesn't have rights to the T1 license, however, I'm guessing in their work on a new body together, the worked with HT to have a T2 Endo produced that would fall within Sideshow's T2 license and allow them to distribute the piece. So the only variant in the regulars is the box.

Back