HT ENDO Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I actually did try that, but my effort doesn't show up so well. It's hard to get the body movement right, it's a definite skill.

On tip, looking at your other gif, if you slow it down, that should help capture the effect.

Basically, you want to have the one leg on an angle backward with foot just pulling and sort of swing the arms almost like he's trying to swim through air to pull his dragging leg forward.

It's silly I know, but when I take my photographs, I try to put myself into the character and the situations, I think it helps to best represent the characters, so when planning out the Endo walk, imagine yourself with a big weight tied to your ankle and how you would walk to try and keep moving forward inspite of it.

Basically, you want to have the one leg on an angle backward with foot just pulling and sort of swing the arms almost like he's trying to swim through air to pull his dragging leg forward.

I actually did - limped around my living room to see how my arms swung. :lol

But, this stop-motion stuff is really hard and, like you said, getting the joints to bend just the right amount -- every time -- is tricky.

When I do stop motion animation I usually shoot at 12 frames per second which is a good compromise between smooth animation and spending a along time animating. By nature though animation is pretty tedious work and is not for the impatient lol

One thing thats kind of fun about your animation is that the variations in light make it look like an old timey movie. You should do all sepia tones and have him dancing with a top hat and cane or something... that'd be hilarious :lol

Maybe even add a few captions, you could produce a whole silent film :rock

One thing thats kind of fun about your animation is that the variations in light make it look like an old timey movie. You should do all sepia tones and have him dancing with a top hat and cane or something... that'd be hilarious :lol

Maybe even add a few captions, you could produce a whole silent film :rock

:lol

I think the lighting flickers are actually my own shadow as I moved back each time to press the camera button and settled in a slightly different place each time.

It is like one of those old penny arcade things from the 1900s. Must be when the Terminator was sent back to kill Sarah Connor's great grandfather. :)

great animation WorGar!! did you plan out what you were going to do before? did you just use a still camera and use a video editing program to piece it together?

Reposting Wor-Gar's Gif Endo walk for anyone who missed it... great stuff!

GAR GIF MADNESS

First attempt:

EndoGIF500.gif

As articulated as he is, it's tricky to work him because he's so delicate.

Thanks for the repost, P! That's my first one, not as good as the 2nd. Too much "Cyberdyne Shuffle".

What I'm really looking forward to doing is an action GIF with an alien vs. the Power Loader!!!

Thanks for the repost, P! That's my first one, not as good as the 2nd. Too much "Cyberdyne Shuffle".

What I'm really looking forward to doing is an action GIF with an alien vs. the Power Loader!!!

Very ambitious of you Wor-Gar. I'm not going to animate, but I'm going to do a **** load of battle images, nice tight close ups and very dynamic stuff to almost make you feel like you're in the movie.

I'm going to have to work some more with my Endo tonight :D

Very ambitious of you Wor-Gar. I'm not going to animate, but I'm going to do a **** load of battle images, nice tight close ups and very dynamic stuff to almost make you feel like you're in the movie.

I'm going to have to work some more with my Endo tonight :D

:lol I'm not sure my GIF will capture the movie moment so much as probably look like a hyperactive bug crawling all over the loader.

I'd like to find an ideal pose for my Endo. Anyone have any suggestions -- what is a classic pose for an Endo anyway, beside the weapon he holds in his hand?

I like the 'gimp' version in T1, but it doesn't look right unless it's moving.

I'd like to find an ideal pose for my Endo. Anyone have any suggestions -- what is a classic pose for an Endo anyway, beside the weapon he holds in his hand?

I like the 'gimp' version in T1, but it doesn't look right unless it's moving.

This one is iconic for me, I based it off the first shot of an Endo in T2 when they pan up from the foot crushing the skull and see the future war open up, that image is burnt into memory for T2, which is why I made sure to capture it in my first photo session.

HTENDO7.jpg

My gears always spinning, I think I've devised a way to accomplish a T1 walking Endo gif, but it's more utilizing my graphic design training than old school animation like Wor-Gar, I'm lazy lol, but big props always for Wor-Gar's efforts, I get worn out shooting 20-40 images just to shoot images, let alone trying to keep them identical to achieve animation. I hope to maybe have my animation done sometime tonight.

My gears always spinning, I think I've devised a way to accomplish a T1 walking Endo gif, but it's more utilizing my graphic design training than old school animation like Wor-Gar, I'm lazy lol, but big props always for Wor-Gar's efforts, I get worn out shooting 20-40 images just to shoot images, let alone trying to keep them identical to achieve animation. I hope to maybe have my animation done sometime tonight.

Excellent! Can't wait.

Almost there, a bit more tedious than I thought. I'm only using a few Endo images to accomplish this, BUT, I'm putting them in front of a single background made in Photoshop, so I have to cut the background out of each image to get it to just the Endo; when you get to the tube areas of the chest, there's a lot of little holes to clear out lol. I'm just about done this, once this over, the worst part, should be down hill.

It's crude I know, but hopefully the end effect will be good. Here's an image to satisfy while I wrap up the animation.

t1_teaser.jpg

Back