HT DX05 - Indiana Jones - in-hand images

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have the HT Indy and although there are certain issues with the sculpt you still see Indy in there.

The issue I have with the SS version will be the same as all their human faces. Even with the new process the faces lack "life" due to the poor paint apps. I purchased the Hoth Luke because the majority of his head is covered, and what is shown of the face looks good, but still flat.

I would never display the un-hatted versions because they look cartoony. The seperate hair gives the figure a very fragmented look with no flow. I fear the same will hold true for this SS Indy.

At SS price point I dont think I should have to MOD something to make it look "right" as a base figure. Not talking about personal tweeks to someones liking. Just the base figure needs to be solid, with proper sculpt, and paint apps to start with.

Is HT perfect.......................no...........but they are still leaps and bounds above any of SS offerings to date. I will wait for HT to come out with another Indy, or put my cash into a great custom and kill two birds with one stone. If people keep buying subpar figures, then the companies in question will continue to manufacture high priced sub par figures. At these price points settling is not an option, so far as I am concerned. The figure is either great, good or eh..............if the figure isnt in the GREAT catagory its a pass for me.

Personally I like the HT version and have very little quams about it.

HT will never nail a Harrison Ford likeness. Not this year, not next not in 5 or 10 years. So unless you want Sideshow or a custom, you'll be out of luck for a long time. ;)

BTW, Indy will not use the same process as the Hoth figures. The Hoth figures also look nearly identical to the prototypes in terms of paint and I expect their new figures to match prototype images as well, but we'll see.

HT will never nail a Harrison Ford likeness. Not this year, not next not in 5 or 10 years. So unless you want Sideshow or a custom, you'll be out of luck for a long time. ;)

BTW, Indy will not use the same process as the Hoth figures. The Hoth figures also look nearly identical to the prototypes in terms of paint and I expect their new figures to match prototype images as well, but we'll see.

I disagree that the Luke and Solo figures look nearly identical to the finished product. I saw both pro types in person, and the released figures there is a huge difference between the two. That's like comparing apples to oranges there. I am not going to debate that, but I have seen them in person and the prototypes were generations better than the released figures.:exactly:

I have the Luke and am happy with the results, but like I said it's because most of his head is covered with a hat. The other head without the hat looks very cartoony, which is typical of SS human releases. Snake, Drake, Solo, Luke, Obi Wan, and all the Clones (which I know are cartoons to start with...lol)

Already have the HT version so I am fine with mine. If a great custom came around of TOD I would be interested if the price were right.

As for SS Indy we will see when it's released but SS track record does nothing to suggest anything other than more of the same when it comes to thier typical human figure releases. Not smashing sideshow, just pointing out the obvious.

I would never display the un-hatted versions because they look cartoony. The seperate hair gives the figure a very fragmented look with no flow. I fear the same will hold true for this SS Indy.

Are you selling the unhatted Luke/Han heads?

Are you selling the unhatted Luke/Han heads?

Sorry I don't have the Captain Solo, I only have the Exclusive Commander Skywaker. I'm not parting the figure out I like to keep the figures complete incase I ever let it go in the future.

If I do let the complete package go I will post it in the for sale section. Sorry man.

Sorry I don't have the Captain Solo, I only have the Exclusive Commander Skywaker. I'm not parting the figure out I like to keep the figures complete incase I ever let it go in the future.

If I do let the complete package go I will post it in the for sale section. Sorry man.

Bummer - I have my unhatted Luke head as my Luke Bespin now and want another one. I think it has a bit more Luke likeness than the non-BD HT Luke, but BD HT Luke is still the best. Skintone's a little too dark on SSC Luke but within range of HT heads.

I can understand not wanting to break up a set, though I saw a few people selling the EX Luke Wampa attack head.

Current Indy setup.

DSCF3810_zpsewspzxxh.jpg

DSCF3811_zpsphgtp8nn.jpg

Re: Hot Toys DX05- Indiana Jones (Raiders of the Lost Ark) 1/6 Figure Full Specs + Pi

If anyone wants to sell this set pls pm me...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good call! Didn't notice that and google imaged it. Yep I had it wrong now it looks so much better!
i4ep0m.jpg

Back