HT DX05 - Indiana Jones - in-hand images

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You really think so? No matter who paints it or what "mods" people do to that SS sculpt, it still looks god awful. Even in your comparison photo, it just looks stupid. The Hot Toys sculpt, while not perfect, still looks miles and miles better. My biggest complaint with the Hot Toys sculpt is that the head looks too small on the figure and the pants are still the wrong color (how come no one seems to get this right is beyond me). Those two things bother me more than anything.

pants_RotLA_still.jpg

SS looks like a cartoonish characture...I don't get it. HT looks like a human being (HF or not in some opinions)

Does anyone know what kind of body is used for the base of Indianna? Is it one of those true type (17 / 19) or is it made just specially for him?

It's the 19, but you should do the armswap with the narrowshoulder. Looks much better.

Nice shot, Wor-Gar. I haven't really been into the Indy section in a while so forgive me if this is a dumb question, but is that a custom leather jacket on your figure? It doesn't look like the Hot Toys one as far as I can tell.

Yeah, it's a cheat -- it's the Sovereign jacket.

Everything else is genuine HT, except I did dye the pants and shirt in a gray dye bath, not that it shows in the pic very well.

Yeah, it's a cheat -- it's the Sovereign jacket.

Everything else is genuine HT, except I did dye the pants and shirt in a gray dye bath, not that it shows in the pic very well.

Oh yeah, the Sovereign jacket. I thought it looked familiar. Just couldn't place it. Thanks for the info.

Looks great but I'd like to offer up some constructive criticism:

Indy looks so...new. He needs to be wrinkled up a bit! Start by de-creasing the pants and put the bag-strap under his jacket! Also, see if you can get some wrinkles into his sleeves and pants. Try a little water on the pants and pull them down slightly while adding wrinkles with your fingers. Once he relaxes and "dirties up" a little bit, he'll really look the part!

Looks great but I'd like to offer up some constructive criticism:

Indy looks so...new. He needs to be wrinkled up a bit! Start by de-creasing the pants and put the bag-strap under his jacket! Also, see if you can get some wrinkles into his sleeves and pants. Try a little water on the pants and pull them down slightly while adding wrinkles with your fingers. Once he relaxes and "dirties up" a little bit, he'll really look the part!

Screw the clothes,...that hideous sculpt can never "look the part"

Phooey! My Indy came with the revolver's cylinder missing. So instead of doing the logical thing and go through the etailer (Corner Store Comics), genius me thought that I would go straight to HT and ask for a replacement. I emailed them with photos. They responded right away and asked for a receipt which I sent them right back. Everything seemed to go very smoothly.

Then I waited for about 2 months before I followed up with them, figuring I'd give them a little time to sort it out. But it wasn't til then that they spring this on me: that they don't deal with any problems you have with your figure unless you bought it through Sideshow (here in the US). All other vendors are not recognized by HT. But they said they would make an exception this one time. OK fine. They said to mail them the revolver and they would mail me a new one with the cylinder. I mailed it and emailed them letting them know it was on the way. They emailed back when they got it. Great!

But no. I emailed them a month after that and they said it's still taking them some time to process my request. I'm due to pester them again.

I'm tempted to hedge my bets and contact Corner Store Comics and tell them HT would not help me out. They kinda know the situation because I had to contact them for a copy of the receipt and I explained to them that I didn't want to bother them with the problem and that I would deal with HT directly.

So I emailed them right after Christmas and am still waiting for a replacement from HT. Moral of the story? Don't go through HT with any problems!

I'm happy to report that after 6 full months of waiting, my replacement pistol finally arrived from HT! Indy is whole again!

Holy frack. Looks like I spoke too soon.

c-luis-indy-gun-2.jpg

Can you believe this? I waited 6 months for the replacement and I get one with a different missing piece to the revolver!

:slap

Thats messed up. My first enterbay purchase was completely missing an item. I contacted them asap and within a week I had my replacement.

the headsculpt looks like ford, theres no question there. beats every other version thus far, and im pretty sure it'll stay that way unless HT decides to do another indy. but this figure is amazing. i like everything about it, no complaints. bestg indy ever! i got him holding the whip right now. will get some new pics up soon.

the headsculpt looks like ford, theres no question there. beats every other version thus far, and im pretty sure it'll stay that way unless HT decides to do another indy. but this figure is amazing. i like everything about it, no complaints. bestg indy ever! i got him holding the whip right now. will get some new pics up soon.

Indy along with the DX06 Jack, DX08 Joker and the HT R&B Spiderman are all the hardest figures for me to decide on poses. Im constantly switching them around all the time. So Many pose abilities!!

Back