HT DX05 - Indiana Jones - in-hand images

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SAY WHAT?

I'll be leaving my kids the entire Original 3 3/4 Kenner Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark Collection. The Toys McCoy Indiana Jones, The Medicom Indiana Jones and Dr. Henry Jones pair, the ARK from the Kenner 1/6 scale line, the entire (all four movies with all the exclusives) modern Kenner 3 3/4 Indiana Jones Collection, and the Hot Toys DX Indiana Jones.

I think mine wil have enough to cover them, though they'll probably sell everything before my body has a chance to grow cold.

Well...I did say one great collectible!:stick:lol:wink1:

I know its the same pose but the sculpt reads differently from different angles.

9e712fe0.jpg

035ba202.jpg

4c67f875.jpg

7ef6c6a7.jpg

0f34b1e4.jpg

haha no. We're moving to a new house so my green screen and photography lights are all packed up. The bathroom is the only place I can get some decent lighting lol.

A waaays back when this thread first started and first in hands pics hit someone claimed that when he picked his up he found that there were 3 different variation in head sculpts to pick from. Did this pan out or just nonsense? Just wondering.

A waaays back when this thread first started and first in hands pics hit someone claimed that when he picked his up he found that there were 3 different variation in head sculpts to pick from. Did this pan out or just nonsense? Just wondering.

:lecture I have the one that looks like INDY! :monkey3

(unless you turn the head to the left too much and move the PERS too far in any direction, and don't remove the guyliner and....)

Does anyone display the Indy figure in the detolf with the diorama and base? I've had to raise the shelf a little so that the diorama can fit in (similar to the DX04 diorama issue). But because the back of the Indy diaroma folds, and isnt flush like the DX04, it takes up a lot of space in a detolf shelf.

So has anyone managed to get it all to fit nicely in a detolf? Any pics?

Thanks,
Khai

Finally broke down and bought an extra Ezio body on ebay a couple weeks ago. Just found out that the dhl tracking number they sent me was invalid. Hopefully it doesn't turn out to be a scam :S

Edit: Phew, got it in the mail the other day. I like the look of this a lot more. I'll try to take some pictures this weekend.

Last edited:
IMO HT is done with Indy for awhile- too much Avengers and DKR stuff to pump out in the next year or so....

I went yesterday to my local shop again, was really close to buy the DX INDI but gee HT really screwed up his headsculpt. I do like however the scenery that was included. I wish all DX would have that type of things! For example Jack with his wheel. Joker and Batman feel so lonely without any type of evironment stuff lol.

DSC_0301.jpg

I have painted Trevs sculpt a dozen times and imo it is the better likeness to Ford. It does however come across a bit cartoonish compared to the Hot Toys version. Granted it was done a few years ago. If Trevor would revisit the sculpt and add more detailing there would be no comparison. His PF TOD Indy is spot on serious expression Ford. I would love that sculpt in 1:6 scale.

You really think so? No matter who paints it or what "mods" people do to that SS sculpt, it still looks god awful. Even in your comparison photo, it just looks stupid. The Hot Toys sculpt, while not perfect, still looks miles and miles better. My biggest complaint with the Hot Toys sculpt is that the head looks too small on the figure and the pants are still the wrong color (how come no one seems to get this right is beyond me). Those two things bother me more than anything.

pants_RotLA_still.jpg

Edit: Phew, got it in the mail the other day. I like the look of this a lot more. I'll try to take some pictures this weekend.

Good news! Love to see the pics.

the pants are still the wrong color (how come no one seems to get this right is beyond me).

I actually agree on the pants. I dyed mine to get rid of the warm khaki and be more gray.

Good news! Love to see the pics.

I actually agree on the pants. I dyed mine to get rid of the warm khaki and be more gray.

The shirt too is supposed to be greyish (not off-white/yellowish as both HT and SSC are), but it may be that's a Han Hoth blue/grey thing. HF really needs a more clearly defined wardrobe!

Back