HT DX 2.0 TDK Joker - teaser image

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
0987765.jpg

carrey_the_riddler.jpg

Oh, there are some great parts with him, but he was overall just too over the top. Plus the scene in Wayne Manor with him flipping the coin until he got what he wanted was so against what Two-face is.

Tommy Lee Jones is horrible in *most* of Batman forever, but in this opening scene for his character, I think he's more Two Face than anyone else ever has been on screen
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGZVwW5nyrE
Yeah, as is the case with most of the Nolan characters, they didn't have much to do with their comic counterparts beyond superficial similarities. Of the villains, Joker was unrecognizable. Scarecrow was way too normal. Two-Face had potential, but he wasn't really given enough time to develop as a character for us to know one way or the other. Ra's was probably the closest, except that he never started walking around bare-chested.

Ra's wasn't mystical enough... just a ninja-terrorist.. (as long as we know)..

Well the Lazarus Pit thing obviously wasn't in the movie (though it could play a role in the new one for all I know), but his motivations were similar, he had similar skills, he presented himself as I could have imagined Ra's doing, he had a similar relationship with Batman. Yeah, he's Irish in the movie, but I don't hold that against him.

I would agree that Jones Two-Face is a bit better than Eckhart. Jones at least had the dual personality. Eckhart was just a mad guy with a burnt face.

tommy lee jones > eckhart

I would agree that Jones Two-Face is a bit better than Eckhart. Jones at least had the dual personality. Eckhart was just a mad guy with a burnt face.

We really have come full circle with Nolan. As expected, let the back lash (or Bat-lash) begin.

Oh wait, it already has. Anyone thinking that TLJ's Two-Face is a good interpretation of...anything... has lost his mind too. He might have fit in with the Adam West Batman, that's about it. And even there, what's with the gay fuscia "burns" and leopard print lapels?

TLJ wasn't great, but I think that if he was allowed to reign in the camp, there was a character there that could have been pretty damn good. There was hints of that, such as in that opening scene. Comic Two-Face's burned side was usually either purplish/pink or green.

Other than the opening scene, TLJ is not a good Two Face, but neither is Eckhart. The entire visual aspect of the character is totally lost in that version and so is the cruelness of his personality. He just seems like an angry child. He was never even given the chance to fully develop into the gangster/mafia type he is in the comics.

NOT COMIC ACCURATE BLAH BLAH BLAH. But I hold all batman villains to the standard of Batman The Animated Series, so I wanted a Two Face like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back