HT ALIEN: KANE or DALLAS or BOTH? Which will you get?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DALLAS or KANE or BOTH?

• Just getting DALLAS

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • Just getting KANE

Votes: 24 22.9%
  • Gonna get BOTH

Votes: 47 44.8%
  • NEITHER, not interested or will decide after more characters are made

Votes: 32 30.5%

• Total voters
Are they actually available now and at how much?

No not for sale. Pre-order yes. Only for display.

It's in a mall? That means they probably lock up the mall. There goes my dreams of living at the Hot Toys store. That is unless the security guard can hook me up with a set of keys :lol

Its more of a stall than a shop. Very tiny and easy to miss.

Inside its about 30 feet long and 8 feet deep. Theres room for about 7 people in there with all the boxes. It is in a mall.

So I dont think you could live there as a bum. BUT there are street performers outside. Guys singing, playing guitar, juggling, etc. Maybe you could try that. :)

Here is the outside of the Mall called CTMA

2306818979_b19c322d85_o.jpg

Couple random display shots. These shots arent any good, but they give an idea of the displays there:

2307619550_f6cd4097d7_o.jpg

2306817561_3a18d7d0b2_o.jpg

2307620992_e66a12bbb5_o.jpg

2307620670_05873422c1_o.jpg

Ok thats all! Come visit!

:chew:chew:chew

Thanks again MM, these are looking better each time I see them, and this 'glimpse' of the face sculpts looks incredibly promising... can't wait!
:chew:chew:chew

Sculpts look good to me, from what I can see. Definitely look like licensed likenesses not just random sculpts (at least by the eyes and bridge of the nose).

So where can we preorder these so far?

Sculpts look good to me, from what I can see. Definitely look like licensed likenesses not just random sculpts (at least by the eyes and bridge of the nose).

I think you're probably right. But why do their heads sit so far down in the helmets?

So where can we preorder these so far?

Well, there are quite a few places with them available, but so far they're all the same price.

Thanks guys! I'm trying to hold out for DSC but I'd hate to miss the limited Kane.

I'm not sure why their heads sit so low but it does look a bit odd. Certainly for the prod pieces they'll give 'em longer necks I would think.

You can see where the helmets are removeable though in those pics, the whole helmet lifts off or folds back it looks like. Pretty cool. I guess the light will be affixed to the inner collar of the suit (guessing).

Thanks guys! I'm trying to hold out for DSC but I'd hate to miss the limited Kane.

I don't think Kane is actually limited or a special edition in any way. I think there was only one mention (in Chinese) about that, but none of the preorders or even Hot Toys' own site mention anything about it. I think you just get the facehuggered head as one of his standard accessories.

I don't think Kane is actually limited or a special edition in any way. I think there was only one mention (in Chinese) about that, but none of the preorders or even Hot Toys' own site mention anything about it. I think you just get the facehuggered head as one of his standard accessories.

That's how I understood it too.

I haven't order yet either, but I'm not worried about missing out.

I'm not sure why their heads sit so low but it does look a bit odd. Certainly for the prod pieces they'll give 'em longer necks I would think.

You can see where the helmets are removeable though in those pics, the whole helmet lifts off or folds back it looks like. Pretty cool. I guess the light will be affixed to the inner collar of the suit (guessing).

Good eye as always on the Helmet workings WG! Heads do sit waaay too low.

Last edited:
I haven't ordered yet either.
June-July is way too far IMO to take that kind of a risk with EBAY.

Passing on the spacesuits, I'm holding out for the Giger Alien. Watched that movie again last night on FXM and it really is the finiest of the Xenomorph designs. The scene where Dallas is in the vent. shaft, priceless!

I haven't ordered yet either.
June-July is way too far IMO to take that kind of a risk with EBAY.

Well, there's always Toys2 and BBTS. They both have 'em up as we speak.

Obviously, I wouldn't be too worried about missing out on either of the figures just yet, but if you're looking to lock in a potentially lower pre-order price (depends on the retailer, of course), the earlier you throw your name into the hat, the better.

Besides, BBTS will let you cancel a pre-order at anytime with no penalty.

Kane ordered. :rock

Yeah, I ordered Kane from BBTS too, just in case. Since he's the same price everywhere and BBTS doesn't charge you for canceling, I figure there's no reason not to.

The new head covers look like they're molded plastic now. Looks like the only cloth material will be the straps that hold the armor on. :monkey2

Are there updated pictures now? That would be sad if they got rid of the cloth head coverings.

Back