HT Alien 3 1/6 Dog Alien Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yea i just might..i am just a little worried because..when i buy stuff online..usually after two days of payment clearing i can atleast see a parcel in transit somewhere...not the case here.

:banghead Got my dog alien today and holy mother of >>>> if it isn't a >>>>ing NIGHTMARE!!

Boiling, hairdryer - nothing is working.

I'm putting this figure through the >>>>ing wars just to try and put it together. What the >>>>?

I will now cycle back through this thread to see what the rest of yez did because it aint looking good right now. I'm amazed theres any paint left on the thing at all. This is f>>>ing ridiculous. Added to the quality control on the other aliens and the lack of screen accuracy this may be the last Alien I buy from Hot toys. Right now I am disgusted with this figure. :mad:

:banghead Got my dog alien today and holy mother of >>>> if it isn't a >>>>ing NIGHTMARE!!

Boiling, hairdryer - nothing is working.

I'm putting this figure through the >>>>ing wars just to try and put it together. What the >>>>?

I will now cycle back through this thread to see what the rest of yez did because it aint looking good right now. I'm amazed theres any paint left on the thing at all. This is f>>>ing ridiculous. Added to the quality control on the other aliens and the lack of screen accuracy this may be the last Alien I buy from Hot toys. Right now I am disgusted with this figure. :mad:

I got mine today too and I think he's great. I did have a bit of bother with the arm and leg, but I got them on eventually. Try pulling the rubber back from the sockets a bit and make sure the ball joints are sticking out straight, not pushed to the side. Then carefully line them up and give them a good shove.
And don't get me started on the smell of the rubber - it's giving me a headache!

I stripped the rubber back off the leg and still couldn't do it. The ball joint coming out of the hip kept moving everytime I tried to force it - which from what I gather from previous postings is literally what you have to do - I think thats ridiculous. Why the hell do these things come unassembled anyway? This figure could easily have been preassembled and even come in a smaller box to boot. There won't be any sign of the gloss paint left on this figure after the struggle to get the damned leg on.

Oh and the tail came loose from its socket too. If I ever get the leg on I'll have that problem to deal with too. I can't stress enough what a poor situation I consider this to be after the money we pay for these things.

edit - OK. Finally got the leg in and got the tail back in its socket. However the fact remains - no figure should be this difficult to assemble. I have the figure for less than a day and it has already experienced stresses the likes of which it might experience in the hands of 5 year old over the course of a month. If this figure breaks theres all this to blame. >>>>ing ridiculous Hot Toys. Theres a complaint. I lick up to you often enough, but your aliens, one way or another, are a serious let-down. I'll hesitate before I fork out for the Big fella.

Last edited:
I stripped the rubber back off the leg and still couldn't do it. The ball joint coming out of the hip kept moving everytime I tried to force it - which from what I gather from previous postings is literally what you have to do - I think thats ridiculous. Why the hell do these things come unassembled anyway? This figure could easily have been preassembled and even come in a smaller box to boot. There won't be any sign of the gloss paint left on this figure after the struggle to get the damned leg on.

Oh and the tail came loose from its socket too. If I ever get the leg on I'll have that problem to deal with too. I can't stress enough what a poor situation I consider this to be after the money we pay for these things.

I went through hell getting the leg on, too. Brute force. I'm selling mine and I will not remove the leg to pack it up. Really turned me off. It's a great figure and once I got the leg on it worked great. But that was a ridiculous amount of stress to go through.

So if anyone wants to save themself the trouble, I'm selling a fully assembled figure or $100 shipped USA. No box.
Sorry for the shameless plug.:monkey3

I wish this would have come with the queen face hugger from the quadrilogy collection

I must admit when I assembled mine last week he went together without a hitch and no real need to force it either so was well happy........he is now lurking behind the predalien in my detolf :lol

My dog Alien should be here tomarrow or the next..can't wait!..my first Alien by Hot Toys.

edit - OK. Finally got the leg in and got the tail back in its socket. However the fact remains - no figure should be this difficult to assemble. I have the figure for less than a day and it has already experienced stresses the likes of which it might experience in the hands of 5 year old over the course of a month. If this figure breaks theres all this to blame. >>>>ing ridiculous Hot Toys. Theres a complaint. I lick up to you often enough, but your aliens, one way or another, are a serious let-down. I'll hesitate before I fork out for the Big fella.

i had the same problem with it, no hot water trick for this one
i did get it in thought, but i used vaselline to do it
great figure, but they should have included some kind os stand , its a pain in the ass to keep it standing

Babies will be punched vigorously if i have a hard time assembling this! lol.

Babies will be punched vigorously if i have a hard time assembling this! lol.

You read about it but you can't quite appreciate how hard it is to assemble till you get it yourself...unless you end up being one of the lucky ones.

And howz this for warped - if you had said 'Dogs will be punched vigorously' I'd have been upset! 'Babies'? not so much. Guess its because theres a stronger likelihood of there being people in the world who will indeed punch dogs!

I went through hell getting the leg on, too. Brute force. I'm selling mine and I will not remove the leg to pack it up. Really turned me off. It's a great figure and once I got the leg on it worked great. But that was a ridiculous amount of stress to go through.

So if anyone wants to save themself the trouble, I'm selling a fully assembled figure or $100 shipped USA. No box.
Sorry for the shameless plug.:monkey3

Damn, if only I'd read this last night!
It would've saved me some 50 bucks... oh well!

I can't agree with you more. This what happened to the FIRST dog alien I had. Not only did the leg skin rip, but after the leg popped on the very socket broke (not shown):

Dog_alien_SKINNED.jpg

I sent it back to the ebay seller and he was kind enough to send me a replacement. I done what has been said here, pull the rubber back and forced it in. BUT I propped the figure onto the kitchen table and use my weight to get the leg in. I mean I had to prop it just right to where the ball socket won't move (which is a task in itself).

It took several tries, as the first try never gets it. It does takes patience and retries (and moments to regroup yourself in between). Finally it made a low pop noise and was complete :banana!

But sadly most of the gloss on the figure is gone. And something else just happened recently, the tail base can pose to one side. I mean not wire-bend, I mean swing as if a extra joint! But only to the left. That can't be right:confused:. Its not broke though, it can pose back straight...

Hey guys I asked the question about installing the leg a little while back but no one helped me :(

So this is what I did, I took a utility knife and shaved off some of the socket, and it popped right in.

By the time I got it in, the shine of the leg had already been all gone, I'm not sure what it was, but it might have been silicone. If anyone knows what it was, I'd like to reapply that shine to it so it looks like the rest of the figure.

The dog alien does look great though.

The shine came off that fast? right after applying the other leg?,geezz...i am going to need to handle this thing in a decontainment room with surgerical gloves lol..hairdryer trick i will attempt at first atleast..if i have troubles.

The shine came off that fast? right after applying the other leg?,geezz...i am going to need to handle this thing in a decontainment room with surgerical gloves lol..hairdryer trick i will attempt at first atleast..if i have troubles.

The shine came off mine as well..no biggie. All my alien figures turned out that way. I'm really sorry that everyone's having a hard time putting on the dog alien's leg. Its really quite simple.. no modifications, no heating up the socket, no lube..

First of all make sure the joint is in line with the socket.. Clasp both hands together (fingers intertwined ).. Now squeeze the hips together as hard as you can between the palm of your hands..until you hear a pop..viola!! its in!!

Good luck!

Dang! Sorry to hear about the assembly problems on this figure. Allthough it does make me feel better that I cancelled my pre-order.

The shine on mine is pretty much gone also. I also used sand paper to sand down the socket, otherwise I was looking like a teakettle with smoke coming out of my ears. I love the HT Aliens but man they need to work on getting these a little easier to assemble.

Back