HT Alien 3 1/6 Dog Alien Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've just lost my job and will probably have to cancel my pre-order on this and the Medicom figure, dang! :(

Im sorry to hear that friend. I guess everyone is affected by the economy these days. Im lucky if I make 40 hours in a week..

I canceled most of my pre-orders for this year and kept the ones I really want. (i.e Hot Toys T-600)

Good luck to you.

i just bought this from Corner Store Comics, price is ok..anyone deal with them before? any good?..can't wait for this, looks so freaking awesome.

Thanks man, good to know..though my payment does not clear with them for another few days..should have it in 2 weeks or so...glad i got this and not the blue Alien i was almost about to get at Toys2 last year..i hear this new one is pretty sturdy yes?, i like the colour scheme on this one, looks very realistic..if one did exist that is lol, i think if Hot Toys does a Alien from Alien next..doubt it will look as good as the Dog Alien but, i mean still will be pretty damn sick to own but, with all the Aliens i have seen done by Hot Toys, Dog looks the best.

Mine is PRETTY sturdy. The legs often don't like to hold a position, but it's far better than the Aliens version or any other version I've owned. Has a lot to do with my posing it so the legs are in weird positions that require a bit of trial and error to find the center of gravity for it. All in all, the best HT Alien in my book.

My dragon was meant to come today and it didn't!:( gotta wait till Monday now:(:(:(:(

Hi guys, new here :banana and all that blah blah-

But be warned of the right leg ball joint, I got my dog alien yesterday and it is HELL to get in! I mean super PITA to get in :google

Tried the hot water method and EVERYONE reading this PLEASE use it with precaution because the skin on my doggie leg cracked, tore and paint peeled :banghead You won't know the damage unless I outstretch the leg, otherwise its unnoticeable.

Btw, any clue on a good glue to seal his leg injury with? The leg skin is pretty darn fragile.

Anyhow, after all that trouble and unnecessary damage all it took was some pressure with the thing laying on the kitchen table and *pop* it went in :chew However, now I have a broke/tore skinned dog alien :(

I am shocked no one mentioned the super strong enamel paint smell he gives off, I mean it was enough to give me a head ache :monkey2 Or is that normal?

Hi guys, new here :banana and all that blah blah-

But be warned of the right leg ball joint, I got my dog alien yesterday and it is HELL to get in! I mean super PITA to get in :google

Tried the hot water method and EVERYONE reading this PLEASE use it with precaution because the skin on my doggie leg cracked, tore and paint peeled :banghead You won't know the damage unless I outstretch the leg, otherwise its unnoticeable.

Btw, any clue on a good glue to seal his leg injury with? The leg skin is pretty darn fragile.

Anyhow, after all that trouble and unnecessary damage all it took was some pressure with the thing laying on the kitchen table and *pop* it went in :chew However, now I have a broke/tore skinned dog alien :(

I am shocked no one mentioned the super strong enamel paint smell he gives off, I mean it was enough to give me a head ache :monkey2 Or is that normal?

Welcome to the Forums. I hope you post often and post many pics and reviews of your collection..

Anyways, I knew before hand how hard getting that right leg was going to be.. thanks to the good people here at Side show Freaks.. But I got it in at first try without damaging anything..

I simply aligned the socket in the leg with the ball joint in hip, clasped the figure by the hips (with both hands) and gave it a good squeeze between my palms til I heard it click. No damage and everything nice and tight.

I think that enamel smell is that gloss coat they gave the figure. After Assembly, I left the figure to air out and react with room temperature air. After coming back from work, most of that gloss disappeared. I hardly handled it.

I heard of the figure tearing during assembly and most have used a cynoacrylate glue to mend theirs.

I'll try posting pics soon. Probably after work tomorrow.

Welcome to the Forums. I hope you post often and post many pics and reviews of your collection..

Anyways, I knew before hand how hard getting that right leg was going to be.. thanks to the good people here at Side show Freaks.. But I got it in at first try without damaging anything..

I simply aligned the socket in the leg with the ball joint in hip, clasped the figure by the hips (with both hands) and gave it a good squeeze between my palms til I heard it click. No damage and everything nice and tight.

I think that enamel smell is that gloss coat they gave the figure. After Assembly, I left the figure to air out and react with room temperature air. After coming back from work, most of that gloss disappeared. I hardly handled it.

great advise
this is why sideshow freaks rules

Sorry to hear that..you Weird_chick. ;)
but it has been mentioned here before that the leg is...well...a pain in the leg to get on. The scent is horrendous too! .... and that's coming from someone who likes the "new toy" scent. :monkey4

superboink is right, try using cynoacrylate glue.
Anything else will harden the silicone-rubber and make the tear worse.

Sorry to hear that..you Weird_chick. ;)
but it has been mentioned here before that the leg is...well...a pain in the leg to get on. The scent is horrendous too! .... and that's coming from someone who likes the "new toy" scent. :monkey4

superboink is right, try using cynoacrylate glue.
Anything else will harden the silicone-rubber and make the tear worse.

I will! Thanks!
Just refreshing the soon-to-be-new dog alien owners to LOOK OUT!
But I don't recommend using hot water; it makes the skin to easily rip and paint to rub off too easily. Even warming the joint won't work that easy. I envy you lucky guys who got it in safely :monkey2 I wish I did too! I didn't have a strong man to get it in because it was so tight (that didn't sound right).

Anyhoo I like the new toy smell too but WHOA that one made my head hurt.
And yep, that glossy appearance went away after a day :confused:
Beforehand the critter had that cool glossy-alien-goodness to it.

Back