How to identify recast Sideshow ALIENS 1:1 Busts

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: What's with all these recast Aliens 1:1 busts on ebay???

Reading some of the responces on in this thread, some people would be better living in the past to go on witch hunts and burn people alive.... end of the day its YOUR money and you can spend it on what ever you like. This does not have to be justified to anyone on this forum, if someone wants to buy a recast its there choice and the opinions that it devalues a collection or makes you an untrust worthy person if placed in the same room as your other stuff .... well thats just f*ucking stupid . Some people that want only originals well thats your choice, but dont knock some one who wants to save himself money. Alot of people out there are not bothered about the art work box and the numbered felt on the bottom. to me is not important and we just want the bust / symbol of that movie in our collections.

Buy what you want / collect what you want. and if you dont like it tell some one who cares ! !

My thought exactly, only much better expressed, especially the bolded part.

And some of you fit right in with today's "modern" thinking of "If I want it, I don't care that it's stealing...I'm gonna get it anyway."

And D_M...how many times are you going to edit that post?
Why don't you just wait until you're sure of what you want to say...then post it. :rotfl:rotfl

Reading some of the responces on in this thread, some people would be better living in the past to go on witch hunts and burn people alive.... end of the day its YOUR money and you can spend it on what ever you like. This does not have to be justified to anyone on this forum, if someone wants to buy a recast its there choice and the opinions that it devalues a collection or makes you an untrust worthy person if placed in the same room as your other stuff .... well thats just f*ucking stupid . Some people that want only originals well thats your choice, but dont knock some one who wants to save himself money. Alot of people out there are not bothered about the art work box and the numbered felt on the bottom. to me is not important and we just want the bust / symbol of that movie in our collections.

Buy what you want / collect what you want. and if you dont like it tell some one who cares ! !

Well put thank you!

And some of you fit right in with today's "modern" thinking of "If I want it, I don't care that it's stealing...I'm gonna get it anyway."

And D_M...how many times are you going to edit that post?
Why don't you just wait until you're sure of what you want to say...then post it. :rotfl:rotfl

Yeah Mr. Troll I'll edit because I know it's really eating you up inside. It's like a Choke Board. that you can't stand!

i have not stolen anything ! ! i have bought a bust thats no longer produced, its people that live in the "past" that need the eye opener

if people can save them selfs $3000 they will ! !

I think you're oversimplifying it.

But then again, I am a pirate, I download movies and music (I buy something I really like, for extra content), but if you want to label me like that, who am I to disagree..

All being said, I still have no recasts in my collection (it's too small as is), I just don't agree with the statement that collectors with unauthentic pieces should be looked upon differently!

That's exactly why I hate their forum the hive. They all think one way and their a bunch of witch hunters who suck and don't have a life! I can't stand none of them for that very reason.

Yeah Mr. Troll I'll edit because I know it's really eating you up inside. It's like a Choke Board. that you can't stand!

It's not eating me up...but with all the changes you keep doing, it sure is bothering you...OBVIOUSLY. :naughty

For ____s sake, are you so egotastic, both of you?!

Can one of you be the bigger man, and simply stop?!

i have not stolen anything ! ! i have bought a bust thats no longer produced, its people that live in the "past" that need the eye opener

if people can save them selfs $3000 they will ! !

The rights to that bust still belong to Sideshow...not the recaster you bought it from.

An ILLEGAL copy was made and you bought it.

It's not eating me up...but with all the changes you keep doing, it sure is bothering you...OBVIOUSLY. :naughty

Not really, I just know a hiver when I see one. You all think alike and it's your way or the highway! :emperor

Not really, I just know a hiver when I see one. You all think alike and it's your way or the highway! :emperor

Then just explain why, since you're proud of your recast and don't care what ANYONE here thinks about it, you lied about knowing about Sideshow and their products?

It's a simple question.

The rights to that bust still belong to Sideshow...not the recaster you bought it from.

im still missing the point how i have stolen somthing?

yes sideshow may have the rights, but if a copy is avaliable for me to buy at a much lower price thats my choice to make, it does not have to be justified to people like you. sideshow are not loseing money as they are sold out. and this recast will save me $3000, so for me its a good option.

People are only getting pissy because they have payed the the over inflated price and now people are willing to settle for the recast the price is going back to its true value.....

Then just explain why, since you're proud of your recast and don't care what ANYONE here thinks about it, you lied about knowing about Sideshow and their products?

It's a simple question.

No, it was not a lie. It was a misunderstanding in the products availability vs. being able to obtain one such as a recast. So I went for it. Infact during that time sideshow was out and no one had it on ebay assuming as a new collector's mind would have it be I assumed it was gone for good. Granted I had something I liked which was a recast but inside I dreamed of the real sideshow. I felt proud to have a life size alien bust for the most part. I am not really proud that it was a recast but at least it was something I spent my money on beside video games, men's wear or a sports car. Maybe it wouldn't have to be that away if Sideshow would produce a new version of an alien warrior bust to it's loyal fan base. They have the means and creative team to do so. They just don't act on it even when the demand is high. Just look at the new HCG Alien warrior bust SOLD OUT NOW! If the choice is there for me to own a Sideshow or HCG then I will go for it. If not then I think I would pass up on any recasts besides an ALIEN WARRIOR from ALIENS. Anything else no I wouldn't want but alien warriors still come out in a recast version nice and add coolness to any collector's room willing to accept.

Last edited:

No, it was not a lie. It was a misunderstanding in the products availability vs. being able to obtain one such as a recast. So I went for it. Infact during that time sideshow was out and no one had it on ebay...

It sure doesn't look like a "misundertanding".

You state, very clearly, that you were unaware of Sideshow's existence when you bought the bust.

Yet, that was proven to be untrue by your own remarks on The Hive.

According to those remarks...you knew of, and owned products made by Sideshow, yet did not have a problem purchasing the recast bust.

So, which is it? Actually, you don't even have to answer that.

You tried lying to everyone here to make yourself seem innocent of your recast purchase.

...as for recasts, it was the first purchase I ever made unaware of ever hearing of who sideshow was in the world. So that's how I ended up with it. Ever since I heard of sideshow I've been a loyal buyer and love their products.

Ok guys, unless someone's reporting someone who produces recasts or engages in ripping people off in business deals or anything else like that which can be damaging to members here, other forum business doesn't belong here, and grudges or feuds or disgruntlements have no place here, all that's relevant is how people conduct themselves within this site. If you have problems with each other over past sites, take it to PMs or emails please.

These guys are on a witch hunt so I asked them to return to their hive and do their little dance in their own space. :chew :chew :chew They all think the same way along with their followers....

Last edited:

Ok guys, unless someone's reporting someone who produces recasts or engages in ripping people off in business deals or anything else like that which can be damaging to members here, other forum business doesn't belong here, and grudges or feuds or disgruntlements have no place here, all that's relevant is how people conduct themselves within this site. If you have problems with each other over past sites, take it to PMs or emails please.

Not a problem MF.

Just calling out a noob liar.

Consider it done on my part as he can't edit those posts.

Again, you've missed my point.. I'm not questioning you at all..

And with this, you have missed my point completely.. ;)

TP:

Part of belonging to a forum is people can only "see" who you are by what you post.

I have not misinterpreted what you posted. I know you did not attack me or my name.

As a result I was not defending myself in those statements. I am only illustrating that what people write in their posts reflect who they are as collectors in a forum. A place where people cannot see each other, and so must make an opinion about what they, or that person, is writing.

Your statements clearly reflect that you do not have any serious issue with recasts. This statement tells me something about you as a collector, regardless of the field you collect in, and possibly, why you collect. Now, it certainly does NOT tell me what kind of person you are. It just tells me something about you as a collector.

Also, when you belong to a forum, you eventually make connections with people in the forum. Anyone here at SS who has dealt with me in any way, will tell you that I do not collect to resell. That I indeed collect for reasons that are of an avid collector. As such, this puts me in a case where I simply do not support recasts for reasons I have already mentioned. My pieces that I resell are ones that I have duplicated because I found another with an artists signature or cetain edition number I was after or better condition, or I sell my piece because I find out later it was not what I wanted, or my kids wanted. Just look at some of the threads I have started, with pics, of some of my most treasured pieces, and the extent, time was and money wise, that I have underwent to get certain signatures.

Again, my 2 point are simple:

Point 1: NO RECASTING, and NO SUPPORTING OF RECASTING unless it is to educate and spot what to look for in one.

Point 2: If someone does collect recasts (for reasons other then educating fellow members, or scultptors, or companies) I simply do not see a reason to associate myself with that person on a collector level. It is because we simply do not see each other as collectors.

I like the thought of knowing that anyone I deal with in collections is genuine. Recasts are a contradiction to this.

Last edited:

TP:

Part of belonging to a forum is people can only "see" who you are by what you post.

I have not misinterpreted what you posted. I know you did not attack my name.

As a result I was not defending it. I am only trying to illustrate what people write in their posts reflect who they are in a forum. A place where people cannot see each other, and so must make an opinion about what they write.

Your statements clearly reflect you do not have an issue with recasts. This statement tells me something about you as a collector, regardless of the field you collect in. Now, it certainly does NOT tell me what kind of person you are. It just tells me something about you as a collector.

Also, when you belong to a forum, you eventually make connections with people in the forum. Anyone here at SS who has dealt with me in any way, will tell you that I do not collect to resell. That I indeed collect for reasons that are of an avid collector. As such, this puts me in a case where I simply do not support recasts for reasons I have already mentioned. My pieces that I resell are ones that I have duplicated because I found another with a signature or cetain edition number I was after or better condition, or I sell my piece because I find out later it was not what I wanted, or my kids wanted.

Again, my point is simple: NO RECASTING, and NO SUPPORTING OF RECASTING Unless it is to educate and spot what to look for in one.
Ahh, we can agree to disagree then..

I also see why you would be more concerned about the issue, seeing how you do actually sell some pieces from time to time, and in that case, "name" or "reputation" is important..
I don't care for any of that, and I really don't care what most of people here will think of me and my collection, as I collect from a different point of view!
"
My pieces that I resell are ones that I have duplicated because I found another with a signature or cetain edition number I was after"

This is what I'm talking about :)

If I already had one collectible piece, and I stumble upon that very same piece, but "signature" edition, or some "important" number, I wouldn't even think about getting it, I wouldn't care, because stuff like that isn't important to me, in collectible, I look for a good representation of a movie I like..that's all, that's why I collect stuff..

I also totally understand your opinion on recasters and all that, only thing I don't understand is.....how is someone with a recast in their collection, less of a collector, then you?!

This goes back to my post from a few days ago.

With all the variants SS makes, why don't they make one that is brown tinted? It would allow them to make more money off of their sculpt, and provide an option for people to legally obtain one for a normal price. I think it would stop the recasters right in their tracks.

Back