How to identify recast Sideshow ALIENS 1:1 Busts

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: What's with all these recast Aliens 1:1 busts on ebay???

This goes back to my post from a few days ago.

With all the variants SS makes, why don't they make one that is brown tinted? It would allow them to make more money off of their sculpt, and provide an option for people to legally obtain one for a normal price. I think it would stop the recasters right in their tracks.

I really like this idea. I wasn't in the position to purchase the original when it came out and would love the opportunity to own a slight variation similar to the combat endobust. I don't think they'll do it though.

Ahh, we can agree to disagree then..

I also totally understand your opinion on recasters and all that, only thing I don't understand is.....how is someone with a recast in their collection, less of a collector, then you?!

Truth is simple: A recast is a fake, which makes part of their collection a fake, which now tells me, maybe not everyone esle, what kind of standards that person has when it comes to their collection.

Even now, people who are reading what we are writing and have written on this topic, are quickly formulating what kind of collectors each of is, and how a member would like to associate with you or I.

Even now, people who are reading what we are writing and have written on this topic, are quickly formulating what kind of collectors each of is, and how a member would like to associate with you or I.

:lecture:lecture:lecture

Tony Pluto & Digimax caca =Fakeass collectors.

Do not ever deal with those guys in the commerce section.

how is someone with a recast in their collection, less of a collector, then you?!

Cause they collect fake craps.

Therefore their collection is unworthy = weak human being = loser in life.

Since there is no valuable information being contributed to this thread at the moment, I'm closing it temporarily to let everyone cool down.

This thread should stand to help the collecting community identify recasters and recast product so they will not be tricked into buying something believing it to be legitimate product.

It is not to go after each other for each other's collecting habbits and choices.

Hopefully the close period has allowed everyone to cool off. This thread is reopended, with a new title to be clear, there is a purpose for this thread, which is to help people identify recasts vs. originals so they do not get tricked into buying something thinking it's legit to find out it isn't. If the same bickering continues, it will be closed permanently.

That's not necessarily a scam. I don't have any boxes for my Star Wars 1:1 busts anymore, I don't really anticipate selling them, and I don't need them to move them so I got rid of the boxes to save space. Some of the more fragile item boxes are so big, unless I need it for protection to store/move the piece, I get rid of them, I'd need a whole basement just for empty boxes otherwise. If I ever sold them, they'd be without original box. It deserves caution, but I don't think no original box is a sure thing that it's not a real piece.

Yes, that is fake! The paint job says it all for the trained eye. They should be honest and let all the buyers know it's a recast production. It's one thing to sell it but to lie about it and try to sell it off has an original is just wrong. And if it arrives from overseas to any buyers it's bound to be broken or missing parts. Those recasters ship those using EMS shipping service and their the worst in the shipping industry to say the least. They want the full amount of $2,999.00 for a recast and it has not been sold for like two months after watching that auction anyway. I think everyone knows what to look for on that item by now. It's way to dark to be a sideshow alien warrior 1:1 bust. Only recasts have that darker/black color to them. I hope that helps! :)

Last edited:
I think its a fake.
They have sold a few before. I don't like the idea that they have a bunch of "originals" without original boxes stored somewhere...:rolleyes:

You got it Balsquat.

Yes, that is fake! The paint job says it all for the trained eye. They should be honest and let all the buyers know it's a recast production. It's one thing to sell it but to lie about it and try to sell it off has an original is just wrong. And if it arrives from overseas to any buyers it's bound to be broken or missing parts. Those recasters ship those using EMS shipping service and their the worst in the shipping industry to say the least. They want the full amount of $2,999.00 for a recast and it has not been sold for like two months after watching that auction anyway. I think everyone knows what to look for on that item by now. It's way to dark to be a sideshow alien warrior 1:1 bust. Only recasts have that darker/black color to them. I hope that helps! :)

:rock thanks DM :rock

Now, I have to ask, does SS get notified about this? How does this work about getting this off ebay?

From what I've learned Sideshow doesn't care or will not proceed to ask eBay to remove these kinds of listings. I called a SS rep once and they didn't know their head from their own you know what and they said nope, that's not one of ours sorry! The lady didn't know nothing other then answering the phone and taking orders. She even said their alien bust was all resin which it isn't hint fiber glass/polystone. She went on to say that she forwarded the ebay listings to the appropriate department and that was like 2 months ago....

Last edited:
Interesting read. I'm dissapointed that some members can't see or don't want to acknowledge why it's wrong to Knowingly support recasters in any way shape or form. If you're too poor to own the original, don't cheapen yourselves even more by owning a fake, unless you have no problem telling people you had to buy a couterfeit piece.

Sorry MF, I won't post here again.

Sadly, SS will not take these fake ass, illegal copies down or they're being very slow about it.

But, it can still be removed using the VERO program.

I think thats something we should start doing.

I wish they'd cast it in plastic or rubber....sell it for 5 bucks. I'd love to use one as a prop for a movie...:D

I bought a predator 1.1 bust on ebay about a year ago from a seller who lyed about the make number and put pictures of a real item and sideshow box. When I recieved it it was in a crappy cardboard box its weight was about 3 pounds and looked like ____ . Absolute fake. I put in a protest and got my money back. I have some photos of it somewhere I will locate them and post. I ended up getting a real 1 soon after which was good

I'm guessing the fake is on the right?

It still looks really good though, nothing a bit of repainting wouldn't sort out. Is it made from different materials?

Back