How to identify recast Sideshow ALIENS 1:1 Busts

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: What's with all these recast Aliens 1:1 busts on ebay???

that wasnt a recast.Fool.

Are you from China? Phillipines? Pretty sure you are.:lol:lol:lol

Again, you're the one insulting, not me :)
And you missed the fact that I quoted somebody elses post, if you read it, you'd know that my reply was in direct connection to the quote..

MaulFan, I completely agree with the policy of this forum, and I fully support it, I'm talking about completely different matter, yet it's called recasting as well :)

And encouraging recast is rather dumb too.That Pluton guy is now on ''the list''.

I'm glad I've made it to the "list", could you say what kind of list is it? Bad sellers list? If that's the case, you can sleep safely, I've never sold one piece in my life, and never will....even if I wanted, I couldn't, but I don't plan to either, so..... ;)

Come on guys can we stop fighting over this. Can't we all just get along? :rotfl I might be on their list but that's okay, I have alot of customers and this forum at best only accounts for a small percentage of the world's top collectors who effectively have spending money to even buy the kind of items I sell.
Most of my new stuff ranges from $4,999 to $5,600 for complete full sized props. Has for recasts, it was the first purchase I ever made unaware of ever hearing of who sideshow was in the world. So that's how I ended up with it. Ever since I heard of sideshow I've been a loyal buyer and love their products.

Last edited:

Come on guys can we stop fighting over this. Can't we all just get along? :rotfl

Who's fighting, it was a mere dance..

We're getting into debate (this is the forum, place for debates :)), I just don't get it why some members feel the need to insult while making their point (if they have any)..

Recasters
- bad
"Hobby" Recasters - usually good as they don't do any harm, mostly help their friends
Collectors with only originals in their collection - good
Collectors with originals and recasts mixed - good
Collectors with only recasts - good

Collectors with only originals who collect out of profit, so they could sell when price is increased - bad
Collectors with originals and recasts mixed who collect out of profit, so they could sell when price is increased - bad
Collectors with only recasts who collect out of profit, so they could sell when price is increased - even worse

Collectors who only collect so they could brag - "elitist" snobs

That is my vision....

Again, you're the one insulting, not me :)
And you missed the fact that I quoted somebody elses post, if you read it, you'd know that my reply was in direct connection to the quote..

MaulFan, I completely agree with the policy of this forum, and I fully support it, I'm talking about completely different matter, yet it's called recasting as well :)

I'm glad I've made it to the "list", could you say what kind of list is it? Bad sellers list? If that's the case, you can sleep safely, I've never sold one piece in my life, and never will....even if I wanted, I couldn't, but I don't plan to either, so..... ;)

That cracks me up there. > I'm glad I've made it to the "list", could you say what kind of list is it? Bad sellers list? If that's the case, you can sleep safely, I've never sold one piece in my life, and never will....even if I wanted, I couldn't, but I don't plan to either, so..... ;)

Who's fighting, it was a mere dance..

We're getting into debate (this is the forum, place for debates :)), I just don't get it why some members feel the need to insult while making their point (if they have any)..

Recasters
- bad
"Hobby" Recasters - usually good as they don't do any harm, mostly help their friends
Collectors with only originals in their collection - good
Collectors with originals and recasts mixed - good
Collectors with only recasts - good

Collectors with only originals who collect out of profit, so they could sell when price is increased - bad
Collectors with originals and recasts mixed who collect out of profit, so they could sell when price is increased - bad
Collectors with only recasts who collect out of profit, so they could sell when price is increased - even worse

Collectors who only collect so they could brag - "elitist" snobs

That is my vision....

Their trying to get that free t-shirt that's says Hey Look what I can do! I'm not a recaster hell I don't make them! LMAO!

Here's the proof that I own a real sideshow alien warrior bust. Version number #206 Now who you calling out?

8766005.jpg

8766003.jpg

Here's another Classic Alien Warrior 38" head to make you cry in your sleep!

dsc00597t.jpg

dsc00570imm.jpg

Last edited:

...Shouldn't you be asking the question now as to who sold the original molds to the recasters? I would because the one I have is dead on when it comes to the size, shape and positioning other then the paint job. So what Sideshow trader that values their company/product would sell off their mold sets to recasters is my burning question? Without the molds your not going to get a recast this close to what sideshow's was at any rate.

Just so you guys know...this ********* got banned from the Hive for his recasting crap. He's a total knobgobbler.

And for you info there Knobgobbler...SS didn't sell their molds.

Rescasts are made by someone who purchases a legitimate item and makes their own mold.

If your going to try and argue a point, at least know what you're talking about. :rolleyes:

I DO NOT support the sales of recast item. I just REALLY wanted to know how to spot a fake.

Balsquat and Greatwall, that is what this thread should be about. Educating, and the pictures that some members provided to do this, I am thankful for.

Again, it should support educating collectors about this, not those who knowingly buy and sell them.

Guys you know this is the only recast I own and at least you have a real time comparison on a real genuine sideshow bust and a recast side by side. Love it hate it at least you know. And be thankful because no one else covered this hot topic in your entire forum but me has an under study. It's my right to sell my recast I purchased. Yes, I was in the wrong by posting it here for selling. I wasn't aware of the forum rules but now I clearly am. Thank you! There's no need to hate just educate!

Thanks DM for the pics, I found them fascinating, and appreciate your willingness to show us the difference with them. It takes work to post the pics up and discuss them.

If it's quality cast, $1000 compared to $4000 is well worth the asking price :p
Repaint can't be more then couple hundreds..

And if one simply likes bust for what it represents and not for the limitedness and exclusiveness of the statue, this isn't such a bad choice :p

This statement tells more about you then somone who buys a recast..

I can't understand your philosophy..
Did you know that out there, there is a group of collectors, much smaller then what you see here, that only collects actual screen used props! Big majority of them are "elitists" and talk about licensed replicas the way you talk about the recasts, because licensed replica of a screen used prop will never be SCREEN USED PROP, but only replica. And they dislike replicas in the same manner..
Did you felt the urge to justify yourself reading this?

Well TP, we agree on one thing here: My statements that you quoted me about my thoughts on recast DO say something about me. And here is what they say:

• Batman 29 does NOT support those who knowing reproduce recasts, knowingly sell them, or knowingly buy them (other than for educating issues about recasting).

• Because of the above, you never have to worry when buying something from Batman 29.

• Batman 29 is avid collector of AUTHENTIC merchandise.

• Batman 29 will not support recasting because he cannot afford the authentic piece. I would just rather not have one. As a result I aim for the best.

• Batman 29 is a trusted collector among collectors.

Yup, my earlier statements about recasting do say something about me. And I am comfortable with what they say about me.

As for the small group of collectors that collect actual screen used props: TP, these are authentic, they are a REAL part of the industry, they exist for a purpose, they are indeed a collectable! They are NOT a recast, they ARE a REAL.

Sabres21768 screw you and that weak forum you belong to over there. The hive isn't even an exclusive forum to say the least. So screw you buddy HA! HA! HA! I recall them trying to block my IP address from logging into their forums. I was able to hack right in and post what ever I wanted to all over their black walls. Their admin couldn't even stop me or even understand how to filter changing ip addresses or let alone a MAC ip address for those who don't understand. It was so fun! Should I come over and express myself again tonight? Should I over ride your admin and post some recast pictures again along with my genuine sideshow bust? Would you like that? I'm sure you would as your content needs updated doesn't it! :) I'm sure you ran back home to tell your boyfriends over there the news. You know what I'm talking about now right? Recast out cast screw you and anyone else that doesn't like me over at your dumb hive. At least this forum has taken a universal approach to understanding and fully expressed it. Your blindness and your forum have proven once again to be the weakest link in the entire universe. I will pay a visit on your site in due time. I hope your up to the task of trying to block me because I know you couldn't last time and it was fun! I might want to change a couple of things on the website this time around. Like instead of the hive I might change it to the Queen's Den!

Guys if your a die hard alien fan checkout these websites.

https://www.alienexperience.com/

https://www.avpgalaxy.net/index.php?subaction=showfull&id=1260476251&archive=&start_from=&ucat=17&

***Buy a recast and the hive will ban you! Express yourself and the hive will ban you! The hive is an elite members only forum!**** They account for 98% aliens, predator content not!

Last edited:

Sabres21768 screw you and that weak forum you belong to over there. The hive isn't even an exclusive forum to say the least. So screw you buddy! HA! HA! HA! I recall them trying to block my IP address from logging into their forums. I was able to hack right in and post what ever I wanted to all over their walls. Their admin couldn't even stop me. It was so fun! Should I come over and express myself again tonight? Should I over ride your admin and post some recast pictures again along with my genuine sideshow bust? Would you like that? I'm sure you would as your content needs updated doesn't it! :)

EDIT: First...let me say how much I love that you went back and edited your original post to add more threats.
I'm glad I could affect you in such a way.

And yep...you're still a *********. :rotfl

You didn't hack squat. All you did was create another username.
Wow..how original. But, after we totally banned you, you couldn't get on, could you?
Even though you tried...and I know you did. Because I saw your login attempts. :lol

But, that's neither here nor there. You were banned because you started insulting admins and mods. That's a big NO NO on any board you go to.

Please, do that here and see what happens. :duh

Last edited:

Come on guys can we stop fighting over this. Can't we all just get along? :rotfl I might be on their list but that's okay, I have alot of customers and this forum at best only accounts for a small percentage of the world's top collectors who effectively have spending money to even buy the kind of items I sell.
Most of my new stuff ranges from $4,999 to $5,600 for complete full sized props. Has for recasts, it was the first purchase I ever made unaware of ever hearing of who sideshow was in the world. So that's how I ended up with it. Ever since I heard of sideshow I've been a loyal buyer and love their products.

Wow..are you seriously trying to lie now to everyone here?
You KNEW this was a recast of the SS piece before you ever bought it.
Here are a few posts of yours from The Hive trying to get info on the recast compared to the SS original.
Of course, since The Hive does NOT support recasting, we advised you not to get a recast.

"Specs: Sideshow Alien Warrior 1:1 RECAST VERSION Pre-painted Product Size: H (53cm) xW (41cm) x L (91cm)* Weight (Including packaged): 9.53kg

https://cgi.ebay.com/Alien-Warrior-...66:2|39:1|72:1205|240:1318|301:1|293:1|294:50

The only concern I have is how the mouth area looks. It appears to be far cheaper then the original sideshow Alien Warrior 1:1 bust. I think it's more less a knock off!"

"So did anyone ever buy one of these recasts or know anyone who might purchased one? I heard it's made up of poly and cast with metal teeth. It's much cheaper by about $1,600.00 compared to SSC found on ebay now..."

"I was offered one for $799.00 with free shipping from a non-ebay dealer. Should I go for it or wait?"

"It's a no go then. Thanks for all your insights. I want the SSC version anyway not a recast pirated version."

Then...you decided you wanted one anyway...

"After talking with a couple of other ebay buyers/sellers that purchased this exact same item. I've heard nothing but positive feedback on the quaility aside of it being a copy the original SSCD Alien Warrior 1:1 Bust. Some one has the original molds to this piece and are making it exactly the same based on the materials used to produce it. I went ahead and decided to purchase one for a reduced price. Love me or hate me It's my passion and desire. I will never drop $3,000 or $5,000 for one when I can purchase a full size prop for that price range online. At least I'm honest and up front but I'm also human so changing my mind was optional. I know I might get an ear full from forum members but that's just the way it is and time will pass...."

"I certainly understand. This was a one time exemption to make the purchase on a recast. My entire collection only has one recast and that is this one. On a smarter note, I just can't understand why SSCD couldn't have just sold their molds under agreement with a good 3rd party company whom makes model resin statue kit avaiable.
I know most of you would die to get your hands on if available an Alien Warrior 1:1 bust model resin statue kit version unpainted. I see all kinds of those on ebay including the Alien Pile which SSCD once produced for a short run. Why on earth couldn't they have just made some extra money the same way and allow a resin model kit to be available to us? If it was that easy I would have ordered one along time ago and hard it drop shipped to one of you guys for your services and requested your highly skilled talent in air-brushing, hand painting and high gloss effects. Since there's no options that's why this purchase was made."

"I'm very happy with this item and I'll just keep it simple. I'm the one paying for it and yes, I know this would bring an ear full ))))))))
At least I'm honest and upfront and not two-faced about wanting this item. I can't live without it man. It beats getting rippped off even
more for someone wanted to charge $4,000 for it when it's not worth even that much to begin with"

"I'm not justifying anything other then explaining that I'm not going to get price jacked on being over changed on one of these items on ebay. We all know how that's going on and all I see is 0 bids for a $4,000 item everytime the auction ends. And since when did I care about paying $4,000 for an item that's going to just setup on a bookshelf for it's life time? I will never resell the item or mislead someone into thinking it's a SSCD product so no one has to worry about that. It's just a fat boy toy that's cosumed me for awhile. I sure wish it could rub my feet but that would cost extra. Also, for your information...I've been reading mixed reviews on other countless forums online. Some good some bad but if you feel the need to kick me off then do so. I'm not going to lose any sleep over this today or ever"

And this is the best one...where you ADMIT you own and know of Sideshow and their products when Kitator and HMSPIKE ask you point blank about it...

Quote from: kitator on August 30, 2009, 09:55:40 PM
I just read all this bull____ and have no respect for anyone who would buy this especially after many have told someone the reasons not to.You know this forum does`nt condone such activities and you do it anyway,and pretty much rub it in everyone`s face.Nothing you say can justify your purchase.And that $899 piece of polished isn`t worth .I`ve bought many great items here and on the CH,and if I were to buy that crap,I doubt anyone here or on the CH would sell me anything again.So with that said,if I ever have anything up for sale ,dont bother asking me to sell anything to you.I believe others will follow suit.

Don't worry I won't. Your collection accounts for a small percentage of what others all over the world will offer me. Have a coke and a smile mate! Posted on: August 30, 2009, 11:02:19 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote from: Heavy Metal Spike on August 30, 2009, 10:00:40 PM
So - did you give Sideshow the same respect?.

I own a ____ load of their products! Sideshow can't give me any options. So I had to result another method which we have already talked about for the last two hours.

So, please don't come on here trying to sound like some poor fella who didn't know what he was doing when he bought the recast.
You knew EXACTLY what it was, sought it out, and told everyone you know all about Sideshow (AND OWN THEIR PRODUCTS) but could care less about buying a recast of a SS product.

And yet you make a post about NOT knowing...HHHMMMM. :duh

HAHAHAH! Look who has a sideshow bust now!!! HAHAHAAHH! Your still nothing to me. Post anything you would like it's not going to be effective. You still suck in real life! :chew:chew:chew

EDIT: First...let me say how much I love that you went back and edited your original post to add more threats.
I'm glad I could affect you in such a way.

And yep...you're still a *********. :rotfl

You didn't hack squat. All you did was create another username.
Wow..how original. But, after we totally banned you, you couldn't get on, could you?
Even though you tried...and I know you did. Because I saw your login attempts. :lol

But, that's neither here nor there. You were banned because you started insulting admins and mods. That's a big NO NO on any board you go to.

Please, do that here and see what happens. :duh

I don't need to do that here. These admins have been if anything professional and upholding. I can not account anything positive about your site other then it sucks! And I don't care if your website admins banned me. I found your website to be worthless just like the content your users post on it. Your just a player hater so go back to bed with your little alien dolls to keep you company....lol!

Last edited:

Wow..are you seriously trying to lie now to everyone here?
You KNEW this was a recast of the SS piece before you ever bought it.
Here are a few posts of yours from The Hive trying to get info on the recast compared to the SS original.
Of course, since The Hive does NOT support recasting, we advised you not to get a recast.

"Specs: Sideshow Alien Warrior 1:1 RECAST VERSION Pre-painted Product Size: H (53cm) xW (41cm) x L (91cm)* Weight (Including packaged): 9.53kg

https://cgi.ebay.com/Alien-Warrior-...66:2|39:1|72:1205|240:1318|301:1|293:1|294:50

The only concern I have is how the mouth area looks. It appears to be far cheaper then the original sideshow Alien Warrior 1:1 bust. I think it's more less a knock off!"

"So did anyone ever buy one of these recasts or know anyone who might purchased one? I heard it's made up of poly and cast with metal teeth. It's much cheaper by about $1,600.00 compared to SSC found on ebay now..."

"I was offered one for $799.00 with free shipping from a non-ebay dealer. Should I go for it or wait?"

"It's a no go then. Thanks for all your insights. I want the SSC version anyway not a recast pirated version."

Then...you decided you wanted one anyway...

"After talking with a couple of other ebay buyers/sellers that purchased this exact same item. I've heard nothing but positive feedback on the quaility aside of it being a copy the original SSCD Alien Warrior 1:1 Bust. Some one has the original molds to this piece and are making it exactly the same based on the materials used to produce it. I went ahead and decided to purchase one for a reduced price. Love me or hate me It's my passion and desire. I will never drop $3,000 or $5,000 for one when I can purchase a full size prop for that price range online. At least I'm honest and up front but I'm also human so changing my mind was optional. I know I might get an ear full from forum members but that's just the way it is and time will pass...."

"I certainly understand. This was a one time exemption to make the purchase on a recast. My entire collection only has one recast and that is this one. On a smarter note, I just can't understand why SSCD couldn't have just sold their molds under agreement with a good 3rd party company whom makes model resin statue kit avaiable.
I know most of you would die to get your hands on if available an Alien Warrior 1:1 bust model resin statue kit version unpainted. I see all kinds of those on ebay including the Alien Pile which SSCD once produced for a short run. Why on earth couldn't they have just made some extra money the same way and allow a resin model kit to be available to us? If it was that easy I would have ordered one along time ago and hard it drop shipped to one of you guys for your services and requested your highly skilled talent in air-brushing, hand painting and high gloss effects. Since there's no options that's why this purchase was made."

"I'm very happy with this item and I'll just keep it simple. I'm the one paying for it and yes, I know this would bring an ear full ))))))))
At least I'm honest and upfront and not two-faced about wanting this item. I can't live without it man. It beats getting rippped off even
more for someone wanted to charge $4,000 for it when it's not worth even that much to begin with"

"I'm not justifying anything other then explaining that I'm not going to get price jacked on being over changed on one of these items on ebay. We all know how that's going on and all I see is 0 bids for a $4,000 item everytime the auction ends. And since when did I care about paying $4,000 for an item that's going to just setup on a bookshelf for it's life time? I will never resell the item or mislead someone into thinking it's a SSCD product so no one has to worry about that. It's just a fat boy toy that's cosumed me for awhile. I sure wish it could rub my feet but that would cost extra. Also, for your information...I've been reading mixed reviews on other countless forums online. Some good some bad but if you feel the need to kick me off then do so. I'm not going to lose any sleep over this today or ever"

And this is the best one...where you ADMIT you own and know of Sideshow and their products when Kitator and HMSPIKE ask you point blank about it...

Quote from: kitator on August 30, 2009, 09:55:40 PM
I just read all this bull____ and have no respect for anyone who would buy this especially after many have told someone the reasons not to.You know this forum does`nt condone such activities and you do it anyway,and pretty much rub it in everyone`s face.Nothing you say can justify your purchase.And that $899 piece of polished isn`t worth .I`ve bought many great items here and on the CH,and if I were to buy that crap,I doubt anyone here or on the CH would sell me anything again.So with that said,if I ever have anything up for sale ,dont bother asking me to sell anything to you.I believe others will follow suit.

Don't worry I won't. Your collection accounts for a small percentage of what others all over the world will offer me. Have a coke and a smile mate! Posted on: August 30, 2009, 11:02:19 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote from: Heavy Metal Spike on August 30, 2009, 10:00:40 PM
So - did you give Sideshow the same respect?.

I own a ____ load of their products! Sideshow can't give me any options. So I had to result another method which we have already talked about for the last two hours.

So, please don't come on here trying to sound like some poor fella who didn't know what he was doing when he bought the recast.
You knew EXACTLY what it was, sought it out, and told everyone you know all about Sideshow (AND OWN THEIR PRODUCTS) but could care less about buying a recast of a SS product.

And yet you make a post about NOT knowing...HHHMMMM. :duh

Oh such big words your using. How can I become a INTERNET TROLL like you when I grow up? Do you still play with your little alien friends when your all alone at night? :rotfl Because they mostly hunt at night...mostly! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0&feature=related

Last edited:

Final words, I'm very proud of my collection. :banana

Your powerless here dude. You might want to go in your hive and hang it up for awhile. Maybe go have a coke and a smile and talk to your little dolls you own.

That's it? That's all you've got?

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

Back