How old are you?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Your age?

• 1-15

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • 16-20

Votes: 13 5.0%
  • 21-25

Votes: 29 11.2%
  • 26-30

Votes: 41 15.9%
  • 31-35

Votes: 42 16.3%
  • 36-40

Votes: 63 24.4%
  • 41-45

Votes: 32 12.4%
  • 46-50

Votes: 24 9.3%
  • 51-60

Votes: 11 4.3%
  • 60 or better :)

Votes: 2 0.8%

• Total voters
38 years old. I've been collecting 1/6 since 2002 or 2003 (not sure when I started). Thankfully, my wife has her figures as well and always loved and supported my hobbies.

30 soon to be 31....crazy for me to think of myself at this age because I still love all the same stuff and ask for the same stuff at Xmas I did when I was 6 lol. The years may be going by insanely fast when you get older, but at the end of the day age doesn't reflect your core.

30 soon to be 31....crazy for me to think of myself at this age because I still love all the same stuff and ask for the same stuff at Xmas I did when I was 6 lol. The years may be going by insanely fast when you get older, but at the end of the day age doesn't reflect your core.

Good post.

You should only (theoretically at least, doesn't always happen for many) get wiser as you age. Age doesn't mean you have to stop liking the things that make you, you.

I'm 19 years old. I got my first hot toys figure when i was 13.

Last edited:
41 and a half. Ramped up my 1/6 collecting the past 10 years. Restarted collecting 3 inch figures since the 90's. But really it all started when I was a kid.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I'm 44. Got into this craziness 5yrs. ago. It all started when my girlfriend bought me a Sideshow Comic Thor pf. Mostly into Terminator collectibles now. Trying to find some pieces I originally missed out on. Recently found my personal grail...The Sideshow T2 Arnold Battle Damaged 1:1 bust. I'm really liking what Chronicle Collectibles is offering from their Terminator license.
Nice to be a part of this community!

29 here, been toy collecting my whole life, but I seem to sell my collections moving onto the next phase of my life, went to college, sold all my old toys, graduated college, sold my Hot Toys collection to move out on my own, getting back into collecting now that things are stable. The only pieces I've actually kept are the ones my girl friend bought me lol It would hurt her feelings to much if I sold any of my gifts.

Sigh... heading into 33 years of age (really cant believe im getting so old... it seems like just yesterday i was a kid). Love collecting these 1/6 figure collectibles and toys, and i still enjoy many of the things i loved to do since i was 7 years old. just less and less time to do it. So yes, i agree, nothing wrong with letting your inner child flourish, something i want to impart to my son as he grows up.

Started collecting 1/6 stuff sometime 2Q2015, so coming to a year now... and i am roughly 78 figures in...(including preorders) of HT, 3Zero, ACI, etc. This is madness, considering i am now slowly getting into statues

Wife wont let any of the figures out of the mancave, and since i try to display everything i buy, space is becoming an issue. like it or not, time to clean house soon and start selling half of it.... Oh the pain and the horror of it...

48 (well 47 and a half [emoji57]). I've always been a closet nerd and collected comics for a long time in my teens/20s. Stopped all that and have been pretty "grown up" aside from a few McFarlane NFL figures and the Sideshow Python Holy Grail figs a few years back. Flirted with and resisted picking up a few of the MCU and maybe a Joker now and then.

Then TFA was announced and the beast started to stir. Then I enjoyed it immensely -felt like a kid again - and popped into a local specialty store and bought the Han/Chewie set. And that was that!

I couldn't believe how expensive they'd gotten, but at least I could afford it now. Now I'm really getting into the custom building (and buying), painting and weathering. My background is art/design but I hadn't done any tactile painting in a long time, really having fun with it!

In terms of collection size. I have about 16 in hand and a whole bunch of customs in process!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back