How old are you?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Your age?

• 1-15

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • 16-20

Votes: 13 5.0%
  • 21-25

Votes: 29 11.2%
  • 26-30

Votes: 41 15.9%
  • 31-35

Votes: 42 16.3%
  • 36-40

Votes: 63 24.4%
  • 41-45

Votes: 32 12.4%
  • 46-50

Votes: 24 9.3%
  • 51-60

Votes: 11 4.3%
  • 60 or better :)

Votes: 2 0.8%

• Total voters
I'm 28 and have been into Hot Toys and Sideshow since March of this year. I have 6 figures as of now and a Mossasaur statue. However i have been collecting in general much longer. I have been into diecast cars for 10 or so years and have many figures and toys along the way. I've always been into collecting too many different things than my budget allows haha.

You have a theme? i.e. what do you collect
I don't really have a theme. I just buy what i like and can afford. So far i have....
Star Lord
Winter Soldier Black Widow
Avengers Bruce Banner
Gamora
Winter Soldier Cap 2 pack

I also have some Star Wars figures coming in. I guess for now though you can say i collect Marvel.

27, first 1/6 was Dx12 Batman whenever that was released! Hooked since!

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk

I don't really have a theme. I just buy what i like and can afford. So far i have....
Star Lord
Winter Soldier Black Widow
Avengers Bruce Banner
Gamora
Winter Soldier Cap 2 pack

I also have some Star Wars figures coming in. I guess for now though you can say i collect Marvel.

That's a nice roster thus far!

im 21 started collecting this year. love it! and this is my future self>> Hi I'm 93 been collecting since 2015 love it!

So a little update to my 1st post:

So after the Mrs. gave me the "how old are you?!" jab, I gotta give her credit now. She has warmed up to the whole thing.

I am currently building an Avengers diorama [you can follow here: https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/...7-build-progress-custom-avengers-diorama.html ] and she has been giving input, checks out what I'm doing with a "that's cool" or whatever.

She even suggested that "if you are going to put all this time and money into it, make it big and display it where people can see it". I was kinda sticking it off the side of my desk in the corner.

Anyways, she's coming around big time :D :D

I'm happy to hear she's coming around! Even if significant others don't understand the hobby, they should at the very least respect it and be happy that we get so much enjoyment out of it. Its sounds like your wife is being more understanding and supportive which is great :). Can't wait to see the set up when its all done :clap

I'm 41, begin my collection of 1/6 figures 2 years ago, but this year buy a display and started to buy the most of the figures, mainly Star Wars, Avengers and Batman.

I am 34, been collecting for as long as i can remember. Started with He-Man and Star Wars.

24 a week from today, started collecting sideshow three years ago when had fewer bills. My "must have" list gets longer every year, but I'm trying to stick with Boba fett and lord vader

39. Will be 40 in April. I've been a collector of Gaming Collector Editions for years. Many of the CEs come with statues. A couple of years ago I did the unthinkable and pre-ordered both Nathan Drake items from Sideshow as I'm an Uncharted nut. Friends who previously stared at me for spending twice the price of a vanilla game did complete double takes at me spending many times that again on a single statue.

From there I bought my first HT figure, the police shootout Terminator.. and in 12 quick months I have a small collection of Arnie figures and Avenger figures from Hot Toys. Moving forward I'm trying to stick with Arnie and Thor/Loki from Hot Toys, and anything from Uncharted and Naughty Dog regardless of manufacturer or whether it is a figure or statue.

I turned 40 last summer. I've been reading and collecting comics since the early 80s. I started collecting statues back in the late 90s/early 200s with the Dark Knight Returns 10th Anniversary Statue. I started collecting action figures around that time with the DKR, Hush, Long Halloween, and Dark Victory figure lines. I stopped buying statues about six years ago when my wife accidentally broke one of the tips off of my Jim Lee Batman Hush statue. I didn't have any cases or cabinets to display my stuff in so most of it has stayed in boxes since 2009. I stopped buying any of these things because I didn't really have a safe way to display them.... Then I came across the Mezco Dark Knight Returns 1:6 figures this summer. I bought three of the variants and a fairly large acrylic display case for them. I don't really spend much money on myself (I don't even buy a Mtn Dew if I'm grocery shopping and I get thirsty) other than an occasional Xbox game and then pretty much only if it's on sale for 70% or less of the original price. Since this summer I've also bought the SSC Batman blue/gray figure. I just got the HT Arkham City Batman and I'm getting the SSC Batman Gotham Knight figure (man, do I hope it doesn't have QC issues...) as Christmas gifts this year. I limit myself to buying only some Batman items because I could easily go nuts with a lot of this stuff. Shoot, the HT Iron Man figures alone could cause me to become homeless, lol.

My wife mildly teases me occasionally for my hobbies, but I don't consider myself to be an immature person at all. I'm a homeowner and I have a wonderful wife and daughter. I have a very successful teaching career that has lasted almost twenty years at this point and I also work a second job. I enjoy comics because I like art and I like to read. I enjoy video games because I would rather interact with my entertainment than just passively consume it. I like figures/statues for the same reason I like cars..... When they're made to precision, I respect the craftsmanship. I see adulthood as earning your free time. You do what has to be done and then, if you can, enjoy your interests.

Back