How old are you?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Your age?

• 1-15

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • 16-20

Votes: 13 5.0%
  • 21-25

Votes: 29 11.2%
  • 26-30

Votes: 41 15.9%
  • 31-35

Votes: 42 16.3%
  • 36-40

Votes: 63 24.4%
  • 41-45

Votes: 32 12.4%
  • 46-50

Votes: 24 9.3%
  • 51-60

Votes: 11 4.3%
  • 60 or better :)

Votes: 2 0.8%

• Total voters
Coincidentally, isn't that the recommended age for HT on the sides of the boxes? 15 and up?

Yup but just like you said, unless mommy & daddy are buying them I don't think that age group would largely be in the market for high end 1/6.

What's the minimum legal age to work full time in the US? 16-17, right?

No girls 15 or under, huh? Back to the mall I go! (Puts on Modeling Agent T-shirt and cap) :monkey3 :lol

You rotten scoundrel :lol:lol

1.jpg

Hi i'm 31. Started collecting 1/6 HT just a lil bit more than a year ago. I own almost 40 figures mostly iron man and the rest of MCU's charater. The wife dont mind it as long as there's some nice display cab for em. She even bought me the ironman manual n some marvel art of books. And she's taking us to HK for our 2nd anniversary next january just because HT is based there. Guess i'm blessed.
Oh i also rule the sea and i'm a marvelholic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi i'm 31. Started collecting 1/6 HT just a lil bit more than a year ago. I own almost 40 figures mostly iron man and the rest of MCU's charater. The wife dont mind it as long as there's some nice display cab for em. She even bought me the ironman manual n some marvel art of books. And she's taking us to HK for our 2nd anniversary next january just because HT is based there. Guess i'm blessed.
Oh i also rule the sea and i'm a marvelholic.

That's great to hear!

Although, why should anyone's significant other mind though? The next time a wife or girlfriend tries to tell you that movies about superheroes are child's play because they aren't "real", make sure you remind them that "reality" shows such as "Keeping Up With the Kardashians", "The Bachelor" and "The Bachelorette" aren't real, either.

The next time they scowl at you for purchasing another HT figure, make sure you do the same when they purchase yet another handbag, or their 50th pair of shoes. :)

That's great to hear!

Although, why should anyone's significant other mind though? The next time a wife or girlfriend tries to tell you that movies about superheroes are child's play because they aren't "real", make sure you remind them that "reality" shows such as "Keeping Up With the Kardashians", "The Bachelor" and "The Bachelorette" aren't real, either.

The next time they scowl at you for purchasing another HT figure, make sure you do the same when they purchase yet another handbag, or their 50th pair of shoes. :)
Or you know, have a rational conversation with your partner and act like a human being

But what am I saying you've got it all figured out, I'm sure you'll make some man or woman very happy some day

:cuckoo:

Or you know, have a rational conversation with your partner and act like a human being

But what am I saying you've got it all figured out, I'm sure you'll make some man or woman very happy some day

Exactly! :goodpost

I'm 38 years old according to the candles on the cake, but physically I'm mid 20's and mentally anywhere between 15-dead depending on how the day is going. My wife doesn't care about my hobbies even though they are expensive and a little foolish.

I'm sorry, but have I missed something? Do you have some sort of personal vendetta against me Brainiac? I don't really appreciate (I don't really care though either way) your attempted condescending, infantile, petulant posts to me lately. If you don't particularly care for someone, why not simply, oh I don't know, do what any other rational person would do and simply ignore that particular person because they shouldn't be worth your time? Seems like I bother you a lot more than you bother me, for whatever reason that is. If you're looking to incite and thrive on message board drama for a lark or because you're bored, look elsewhere. I'm simply not interested.

As far as what I stated, even though much of it was in jest, there was no malice intended by it. The point is that you shouldn't have to apologize nor be persecuted for what your interests are or for the things that make you, you. Not just with collecting figures or liking superhero films, it goes with anything. Especially when it's something innocuous or pedestrian. It goes both ways for both parties. Refer to my statements on page 3 and the echoed sentiments on pages 4, 5 and 7.

You have to be comfortable with and respect yourself first, before you can expect someone else to be comfortable with and respect you. :)

I'm 36, been collecting for 2 years now. At first, the wife kinda teased me for buying "dolls". But once she seen them in hand and saw my passion for the hobby, her teasing turned into support. Every now and then she'll complain about the amount of figures I'm buying but for the most part it's all good

Nothing wrong with innocuous teasing at all! Glad to hear that your wife supports your hobby, Chiefrocka. :duff

I'm 36 and it's comforting to know I'm actually part of the majority age group on here. I've always been into comics and toys as a kid... As an adult i focused on 1/18 diecast cars- (my first poison ummm PASSION) having built that up to several hundred pieces, then i got into anime etc... I officially began collecting 1/6 figures around November 2007 when i started keeping their boxes i guess. Now, as i reach my 8 year anniversary I've accumulated maybe 1000 pieces, with half of them being O.O.A.K customs and "kitbashes" that i take tremendous pride in. I am by no means rich, far from it... but my passion for this hobby has driven me to work harder, earn more and help express my creativity and imagination. In every way this hobby has affected me for the better and I'm grateful for it and will collect for Life. Great thread, thanks...

So a little update to my 1st post:

So after the Mrs. gave me the "how old are you?!" jab, I gotta give her credit now. She has warmed up to the whole thing.

I am currently building an Avengers diorama [you can follow here: https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/...7-build-progress-custom-avengers-diorama.html ] and she has been giving input, checks out what I'm doing with a "that's cool" or whatever.

She even suggested that "if you are going to put all this time and money into it, make it big and display it where people can see it". I was kinda sticking it off the side of my desk in the corner.

Anyways, she's coming around big time :D :D

Back