How much will you pay for a 1:4 Com?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I fail to see the point of this thread. It's not like if we all said "200!" that SSC would do anything about it. The cost it was it is. The way you make a company notice is to "vote with your wallet" if you will but given that the discussion forum here is less than 10% of the SSC buying community, any objections to price is just screaming in the wind.

So what makes a thread having a point? You have presupposed that A thread like this has meaning IFF it can force SSC to do something, you have ignored the fact that even SSC is doing a market research, people can just answer randomly. Now we have some serious collector here, sharing what we think about the issue. By using an analogy, when we are discussing whether we should reduce taxes on certain thing, the mass, as logic implies, should have to agree with that; nevertheless, only those elites (most people dont like this concept but like it or not) who could comment the issue rationally are going to make fair judgment to the case.

So I really dont see why it is pointless.

The current 1/5 DD Comiquette Ex is at $269.99 while the Reg is at $259.99. If they made it 1/4, I am sure they can make em at around $320. DD isn't as popular as Spiderman and so I doubt SSC can milk us as much as Spiderman Comiquette. :lol I feel sorry for those that turn Spiderman Comiquette down due to price. :slap

Other than Spiderman Com, I think Thanos is another great example that how SRP matters. Thanos is my all time favorite, it is 1:5ish but the base tells the story.

A comiquette should be cheaper than a PF if they are both the same scale and have a similar base. It is not like making a statue 20-25% bigger is a massive expense because polystone is not that expensive...I'm sure it's cheaper than making fabric clothing...

Not so sure about that unless we have the figures ....

I would pay $300-350+ if it is a desired character, 1/4th, and an exellent sculpt.

Great post. I have started emailing their CS and "Ask Sideshow" each time I pass on a preorder because of scale; it is fun to debate/discuss scale on the boards, but I assume that emailing them will get their attention ALOT faster than the message boards considering that I have now passed on 5-6 preorders.

Not exactly, to anyone who knows well about doing market research, they have to point to "the" market. Thats why some company invites their loyal customers (maybe 1-2% of the total customer base) to their company and express their opinions. For sure, SSC will not know what we have discussed here but who knows maybe one day they will do that and someone here can summarize the discussion.

Furthermore, if someone has the American time, if this thread is good, they can summarize this and send to SSC. If SSC knows how to play the game, they will take a look on what has happened.

Polling, voting is just a cheap means to do the market research.

All depends i guess they they have edition sizes of 750 WTF!.... i dont mind paying anywhere from 275.00-350.00 Technically they should be cheaper then a PF because theres no cloth or extra labor. I dont know where you getting the idea commi's are more expensive then PF's?

Sliver surfers was 300.00 and classic Ironman is about the same price.
I'd say to anwser your question. i would like sideshow to keep the price lower the better but also keeping in mind if your going to ask 400 for a piece dont make ed size of 1000.

SSC is a company, I dont think they should be blamed if they are having a bigger size, in case all could be sold out it is fine. The IM MKVI Maq is a good example. I remember a member has pointed out on a thread of wolverine. The comic base collectors are limited because, lets be realistic, most people learn about Marvel collector through the movies adaptions and as a result they might be able to make more money from making those statues. I suppose this is one of the reasons why Spiderman is hard to get now ...

Other than Spiderman Com, I think Thanos is another great example that how SRP matters. Thanos is my all time favorite, it is 1:5ish but the base tells the story.

What's a what's SRP? Dog-gone-it, do I feel old trying to chase the meaning of all these acronym.

SSC's Thanos dio is one of the best, if not the best, representation of Thanos. He's a space badass. If I am rich, I'll gobble him up like a rich cheese cake.

i'll pay a lot for a 1/4 scale wolverine comiquette

Yea, there's already a 1/4 comiquette of Wolverine. I believe ink said that the artist said that its made as 1/4. SSC pics and link below:

Looks good but not my character and the base is not to my taste.

What's a what's SRP? Dog-gone-it, do I feel old trying to chase the meaning of all these acronym.

SSC's Thanos dio is one of the best, if not the best, representation of Thanos. He's a space badass. If I am rich, I'll gobble him up like a rich cheese cake.

SRP= Suggested Retail Price.

Thanos is legendary, look at his base and his facial expression. It simply tells you the story that, "I rock, Heroes? Phittttttt!!!"

Back