How much $ have YOU spent??

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought my chopper and avp elder assembled from the states and they arrived in perfect condition so I would not really mind picking up the p2 elder in the same way. the good thing about it is that the package size is smaller, the price is less and I have never had to deal with customs charges. bad thing is that you don't get the retail box.

Why is everyone uncomfortable about telling how much they spent. Is it because deep down they feel guilty about spending money on something that doesn't really help the world much. Would you feel as bad if you were asked about how much money you gave to charity? I think in that case you would feel proud (yet humble of course).

So, from the responses I see it seems that deep down people feel guilty about giving into their desires about Hot Toy collecting that results in limited personal gain.

Yeah, I spent £10,00 on a PhD and it was the best money spent! I feel great!:chew
I spent £100 pounds towards a hospital and it felt great!:banana
I spent £500 on a child orphanage project and it felt like I was making a change!:peace
I spent £140 on a Hot Toy Predator 2 and I felt like ****. I love the character but still, if someone asks me I lie and say I got it for £20.:monkey2

Pschyo-analysis ended.

Don't give into your materialistic desires too much. It's not 'worth' it.

hey Brothers and sisterlings, the thing is, its YOUR money, spend it how ever you want, i spent
$20.000 odd on my car,
over 2-3K on dvds,
about 1.5K on games,
2-3K on my girlfriend ha ha,
2K on computer, and about
1.5K on Predators :lol
but if i die tomorrow its money well spent :D

2n0nk8.jpg

All my money goes to Beer!!! The sad thing is I always end up just pissing it all away! :(

£160 on elder p2 ($320)

So somewhere on the island of Ireland there is a hot toys P2 Elder predator. Wheres the jealousy emoticon?

For me the single most expensive purchase will be the TDK Tumbler costing around 435Euros - almost $700. And I've got a bunch of other expensive mofos on preorder besides. I should never have started on this 1/6th bandwagon with Ed-209 a year or 2 ago. Glad I did because they're cool and put everything else to shame but I shouldn't have.

So somewhere on the island of Ireland there is a hot toys P2 Elder predator. Wheres the jealousy emoticon?

For me the single most expensive purchase will be the TDK Tumbler costing around 435Euros - almost $700. And I've got a bunch of other expensive mofos on preorder besides. I should never have started on this 1/6th bandwagon with Ed-209 a year or 2 ago. Glad I did because they're cool and put everything else to shame but I shouldn't have.

:lol . You never know I may be selling it :naughty

hey Brothers and sisterlings, the thing is, its YOUR money, spend it how ever you want, i spent
$20.000 odd on my car,
over 2-3K on dvds,
about 1.5K on games,
2-3K on my girlfriend ha ha,
2K on computer, and about
1.5K on Predators :lol
but if i die tomorrow its money well spent :D

2n0nk8.jpg

What car is that mate? I just bought me a new car on friday! :banana already want alloy wheels for it.. hence some ebay sales!.. but think I may just save as there are some things I just know id regret selling later on.

My problem is that my spending limit is slowly rising. First I say to myself that I do not want to spend more than about 100 euros. Then you find yourself spending 200 on Gandalfax. From there it's only a bit more to most Premium Formats and other statues. In a couple of months I'll probably have my first 1:1 bust in my collection, if I'm going to continue in this rate :). Not that I'm complaining, though. Not yet.
So the most I've spent yet is 200 euros (which with the weak dollar is around 300 bucks, but it's probably lower) on the Gandalf on Shadowfax. I had to sell it because of financial problems. Wish I hadn't.

Fun thread!
I am pretty recent to this great hobby.I love 1/6!
So far this is how my collection goes:
All Hot toys, prices include shipping:
P2 Elder-$170
BD P2-$180
Wolf Pred-$150(pick up)
Blue Alien-$140
Brown alien-$120
Pred alien-$170(pick up)
Drake-$150
T-800 endo skeleton-$115
SF sniper and AF security-$220
CIA GOI-$110
10th MTN sniper-$120
HK SDU-$110

Plus All the loose stuff I bought on EBay,and various e-tailers-$300(ish)
Wow!When its all added up it amounts to quite a bit.

P.S I know I go into a lot of detail,but thats how I roll!(especially on my 5th beer)!:duff
Come on SDCC!!!!!!

Last edited:
Most I ever spent on a single figure was $290 shipped for Patient Zero.

My entire collection (including all action figures and a few props) according to my spreadsheet is around $24,000.

I wouldn't encourage me... and probably a drop in the bucket compared to some of the super collectors on the boards. And remember this is over 10 years of collecting.

Sweet car man! bet its really slow to :naughty

:lol it is now.. No license. i stopped spending money after doing the looks, thats a another story on its own, Aftermarket crap made it die, i spent 4K and got back to square one, but she was quick, now im happy with slow :D and the looks :D

thats one expensive gf i hope ur getting a good return on that :naughty:naughty:naughty

Oh I am, dont make me post photos of her to :lol

Back