How many different Iron Man 2 Hot Toys figures will there be?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The first step in treatment is to admit you have a problem. lol

Hi my name is Patrick, and I am an addict. :D

Seriously, I couldn't imagine having the entire collection IM (6 figures) and IM 2 (6 - 10 figures). I enjoy IM but I also enjoy variety. 12 - 16 figures from one license will simply overwhelm the other pieces.

Yes, I'm tempted also, but you have to draw the line somewhere, right? I'd like a War Machine, but should I pick it up, it will be much much later, from someone who grew tired of it! :D

I'm trying to balance want vs space vs future figures.

I own zero Hot Toys IM figures so far (almost had the MK I for $135 shipped from gohastings but of course they f'd that up and sent me a Sideshow MK I bust...that retailed for $35.) I can't say I will purchase a ton of these figures but I'm really looking forward to the IM 2 line so I can get started.

I would love to have all the armors displayed together but that's a ton of space, money, and a little repetitive for one figure for MY collection.

They can make 10 figures if they want, but my money is going for probably 3 of them out of this line, War Machine, MK IV and Black Widow. Then when Captain America, and Thor show up....I'll have some great Avengers to put together on a display.

Now if Hot Toys would make a Hulk Buster and a Silver Centurion version...might have to rethink that strategy.

:)

I'm trying to balance want vs space vs future figures.

:)

totally agree with your approach. for my situation i'll also add "vs money available" :wacky

All I have going for me is the BD Mark III (waitlist just got converted last week) and still don't have it, I pre-ordered War Machine and Mark IV. I might look for a Mark I in the near future once I get BD IM, never owned a Hot Toys before so I still feel like I'm blind buying stuff. If Black Widow comes out I'll probably pre-order that as well.

I'll only get the Black Widow & War Machine & Whiplash...I ONLY have Mach 1 2 & 3 from the first flick :lol

im only getting iron man mark v1, war machine and whiplash, everything else is way to much man.

I'm looking forward to how they do the Mark V. Hopefully it will have quite a few accessories.

Already preordered War Machine :) i may be swayed by the MArk VI too, but i'll have to wait and see the finished product

Well for me I like to have one or two figures from each line. I think that pretty much is enough to represent most movies.
The only exceptions I would make, would be Lord of the rings and Star Wars.
I even think Neytiri is enough to represent Avatar

totally agree with your approach. for my situation i'll also add "vs money available" :wacky

All I have going for me is the BD Mark III (waitlist just got converted last week) and still don't have it, I pre-ordered War Machine and Mark IV. I might look for a Mark I in the near future once I get BD IM, never owned a Hot Toys before so I still feel like I'm blind buying stuff. If Black Widow comes out I'll probably pre-order that as well.

Yeah I'll agree with you there, the money issue. Trying to spread my purchases out on a year to year basis. Very hard to do when they keep putting out sweet figs like the Whiplash that just finally showed up today. Have to pick and choose though...lame! :lol

I almost picked up the BD but I wanted my IM in one of those armors to kind of look pristine. Like that fig you purchased though.

The MKI would be the only other (although MKII is SWEET!) as it's the beginning of the character so that would be cool to have. They are going for something like $200 on Ebay right now though. After almost having one for $135 shipped I'm having a REAL hard time purchasing that figure for $200 now, haha!

I wouldn't say I'm a big Black Widow fan but if they pull off that Scarlett likeness (and body :naughty ) I believe I'm down for a purchase there. She better not be lame (accent, etc) in the movie though. Will ruin the purchase for me....maybe :lol.

Well for me I like to have one or two figures from each line. I think that pretty much is enough to represent most movies.
The only exceptions I would make, would be Lord of the rings and Star Wars.
I even think Neytiri is enough to represent Avatar

I can see this and it makes pretty good sense. Overall that might be all we'll get from some of these lines. Like Blade II for instance, are we going to get Whistler, Scud, Nomack, Reapers, Chupa, Reinhardt, etc?
Doubt it, I'll just cross my fingers for a Nomack but I might be wrong and maybe they will keep pumping them out slowly.

Regarding IM though...what 2 figures did you pick from the first line? I guess it's easier since there wasn't a villian figure.

Money and space-wise I must be choosy too.

Right now all I have is the Mark I. But I plan to get Mark III BD, War Machine, Black Widow and the Mark VI. MAYBE Whiplash. That's a lot right there!

I'm also looking towards the future. We'll most likely have movie Thor, movie Cap and then the Avengers... yeesh.

Money and space-wise I must be choosy too.

Right now all I have is the Mark I. But I plan to get Mark III BD, War Machine, Black Widow and the Mark VI. MAYBE Whiplash. That's a lot right there!

I'm also looking towards the future. We'll most likely have movie Thor, movie Cap and then the Avengers... yeesh.

Yeah not to mention Hot Toys' CEO (I think) recently mentioned that they were aware of collectors wants for comic themed characters from the Marvel universe. He said something to the affect that they had more movie versions to do but that they would like to get to the comic versions as well.

Imagine that, Wolverine, Colossus, Cyclops...all comic themed...wow, I'd be broke but loving it!

:google

screw the drones variants. how about some iron ladies variants:

4191831773_e0712843ea_o.jpg

Well, what's confirmed: Mark IV, Mark VI, War Machine, Black Widow & Whiplash

What's likely: Mark V, Whiplash V2, Hammer Drones, Nick Fury, Pepper Potts, Battle Damaged Mark VI, Battle Damaged War Machine

Pepper Potts is a huge longshot. We have a better chance of getting Tony in Racing suit than her. I think we might see on drone, I wouldn't bet on the whole lot really and if there is a Whiplash v2 which he might be in a drone styled armor then that'd be it. We'll get the Mark V and VI and possibly BD versions but of civilianesque figures I don't think they'll go past BW and Fury. Although I wouldn't be surprised to see another "Men's Suit" to bash a Stark and maybe even a "Military Suit" to bash a Rhodey.

Back