1/6 How it is made: DETOLF TANTIVE IV service corridor!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You could also try to scale it to R2D2's leg from this picture:
leia-746096.jpg

You are right, it does need to be a bit wider than Subdomain made it, you can see on the above picture that the whole circle from background graphic should be visible.

It would be really cool if it could be as close to above picture as possible. Matching the width to background corridor would go a long way to making it super realistic. Also, is there a way to move the "stripper pole" away from the walls and closer to the new floor. Maybe it could attach just on the edge of the wider floor?
If you are willing to forgo detolf linitations maybe you could make the floor a bit longer also, so the stripper pole would not be cramped up against the back of the aluminum side plate?
EDIT: When I said "longer" I meant that there is more distance between the last aliminum side panel and the background image. This is the spot where the stripper pole is and where Leia and R2D2 are placed.

It would be really cool if it could be as close to above picture as possible. Matching the width to background corridor would go a long way to making it super realistic. Also, is there a way to move the "stripper pole" away from the walls and closer to the new floor. Maybe it could attach just on the edge of the wider floor?
If you are willing to forgo detolf linitations maybe you could make the floor a bit longer also, so the stripper pole would not be cramped up against the back of the aluminum side plate?
EDIT: When I said "longer" I meant that there is more distance between the last aliminum side panel and the background image. This is the spot where the stripper pole is and where Leia and R2D2 are placed.

you can't move the stripper pole to the floor, because it also needs top support. You could remove it altogether, because its already in the background image. Making the floor longer is an option, but I don't know if people with OCD wouldn't flip over the fact that the depths would be a mismatch

I'd be interested in a second wider floor. It may not always live in a detolf for me as I also use bestas. Perhaps I can add it to another diorama order (like Tantive entry) to save on shipping.

This is what I mean:
leai_giving_plans.jpg

Measurement A is at least twice the size of measurement B. That would give much more space for Leia and R2D2 so the figures would be more visible.
Also, the new floor could get a side pathway (I circled it) where the stripper pole meets the floor. I am not sure how much more work would this take, but it would look sooo much better.

This is what I mean:
View attachment 336694

Measurement A is at least twice the size of measurement B. That would give much more space for Leia and R2D2 so the figures would be more visible.
Also, the new floor could get a side pathway (I circled it) where the stripper pole meets the floor. I am not sure how much more work would this take, but it would look sooo much better.

hmmmm, adding two side pathways would fill the gap between the background image and the left and right assemblies nicely

hmmmm, adding two side pathways would fill the gap between the background image and the left and right assemblies nicely

Yes, and the diorama would "breathe" more, it would lose the cramped feeling.
I believe the background circle image would have to be in a bit smaller scale so the whole circle from the image would be clearly visible.
But then there should be more of the image around the circle, just like in the picture I posted.

EDIT: regarding backgroung image: maybe you should lose the part of the corridor in front of the circle for the image. So you just let the "real" aluminum corridor join with the backgroung image where circle meets the floor in the image.

According to my calculations it should be 23 cm wide to be movie accurate. Now it's a little over 15 cm

Yes, and the diorama would "breathe" more, it would lose the cramped feeling.
I believe the background circle image would have to be in a bit smaller scale so the whole circle from the image would be clearly visible.
But then there should be more of the image around the circle, just like in the picture I posted.

EDIT: regarding backgroung image: maybe you should lose the part of the corridor in front of the circle for the image. So you just let the "real" aluminum corridor join with the backgroung image where circle meets the floor in the image.

I would only offer an extra floor unit, but I can't do a second back ground image as well

I would only offer an extra floor unit, but I can't do a second back ground image as well

Yes, I understand it, but can you at least think about it...
The perspective would be great with the new background image:
leai_giving_plans2.jpg

The BLUE would be the new wider and longer corridor, GREEN would be the side pathways, and the RED would be the new background image (without the aluminum sidepanels which of course block the rest of the background wall in the image). As you can see, the corridor would lead right into the circular doors from the background image and meet with this image right at the point where the doors start at the floor level. The scale of the circular doors (background image) could be adjusted so you get the perfect width of the corridor according to the image from the still.

Yes, I understand it, but can you at least think about it...
The perspective would be great with the new background image:
View attachment 336695

The BLUE would be the new wider and longer corridor, GREEN would be the side pathways, and the RED would be the new background image (without the aluminum sidepanels which of course block the rest of the background wall in the image). As you can see, the corridor would lead right into the circular doors from the background image and meet with this image right at the point where the doors start at the floor level. The scale of the circular doors (background image) could be adjusted so you get the perfect width of the corridor according to the image from the still.

I would suggest a design like this. The new floor width would be a movie-accurate 230mm wide and the total new floor unit would be 390mm deep including the side pathways, so it'll fit inside a Besta, which is 400mm deep.

I would suggest a design like this. The new floor width would be a movie-accurate 230mm wide and the total new floor unit would be 390mm deep including the side pathways, so it'll fit inside a Besta, which is 400mm deep.

That looks great!
Above image is the background image? Is there an uncropped inage which would be as wide as the new diorama (468 mm)?
What is the price of this one?

That looks great!
Above image is the background image? Is there an uncropped inage which would be as wide as the new diorama (468 mm)?
What is the price of this one?
Thanks I could make an image (maybe), but that'd come at an additional $30 upcharge. I'd like to poll interests, so please everyone, let me know who would want one, so I could crunch the numbers on this one

Thanks I could make an image (maybe), but that'd come at an additional $30 upcharge. I'd like to poll interests, so please everyone, let me know who would want one, so I could crunch the numbers on this one

I'd be interested. That's 1.
EDIT: About the stripper pole - you can lose it if there is one in the background image, or maybe screw it on the new floor.

One more question - can you please give the front view (from the design drawings) with the new floor width, I would like to see how close to a circle will the side panels look like?

One more question - can you please give the front view (from the design drawings) with the new floor width, I would like to see how close to a circle will the side panels look like?

I don't have a 3D model of the entire design, so that's not possible

Back