How do you prefer to display your Hot Toys, with or without the stand?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How do you prefer to display your Hot Toys, with or without the stand?

• With

Votes: 86 65.6%
  • Without

Votes: 29 22.1%
  • Some days with and some days without.

Votes: 9 6.9%
  • Using any stand equates to you still suckling on your momma's titties!

Votes: 7 5.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
J!!!!! Where have you been!?!?!!!!????

:dumbo::dumbo::dumbo::dumbo::dumbo:

What's up wge!

I've been around.....:lol

Let me see, sold off my entire Polystone collection :horror after promising myself that I was going to pass everything down to my kid :monkey2

Now i'm into Hot Toys because I like moving their arms and heads around.....add their fingers to that list now :lol

Then I was kidnapped by aliens....but that's for another day :lol

How about you.......how's life treating you.....

Man, you haven't even moved up to a Semi-Decent-Gamer yet...hurry so we can play Statue vs Articulation 2.

Last edited:
What's up wge!

Let me see, sold off my entire Polystone collection :horror after promising myself that I was going to pass everything down to my kid :monkey2

Now i'm into Hot Toys because I like moving their arms and heads around.....add their fingers to that list now :lol

:panic::panic:

Man, I'm trying soooo hard to get into HT... but the price! :gah:

Actually got Arnie, kept looking at my wallet, kept looking at him, and finally sent him back. I kinda regret not keeping him... kinda

Hmm... as for me, I kinda dropped off the face of the freaks planet as well. Sold Cap, Hulk, IM and Thor PF and once my Avengers went, I kinda let go off the hobby. But I'm slowly getting back in... it's slow and painful but my "first" piece was X-Men v Sentinel 1 EX so that kinda encouraged me to just go for it.

Losing your collection must have been really difficult huh? :monkey2

I think I read a post from you about a year ago mentioning something like that... for me I never stopped thinking about my collection and just had to get back in

And now HT!?! What's up with that? :nana:

Keeding!!!

What's up wge!

Man, you haven't even moved up to a Semi-Decent-Gamer yet...hurry so we can play Statue vs Articulation 2.

:lol:lol:lol:lol

Nah... I'm the worst. Thinking of renaming myself VeryWorstGamerEver actually... :monkey1

As long as there are kids in the house it will be with.

My War Machine has already taken the dive due to a toy being tossed at the shelf he was on.

:panic::panic:

Man, I'm trying soooo hard to get into HT... but the price! :gah:

Actually got Arnie, kept looking at my wallet, kept looking at him, and finally sent him back. I kinda regret not keeping him... kinda

Hmm... as for me, I kinda dropped off the face of the freaks planet as well. Sold Cap, Hulk, IM and Thor PF and once my Avengers went, I kinda let go off the hobby. But I'm slowly getting back in... it's slow and painful but my "first" piece was X-Men v Sentinel 1 EX so that kinda encouraged me to just go for it.

Losing your collection must have been really difficult huh? :monkey2

I think I read a post from you about a year ago mentioning something like that... for me I never stopped thinking about my collection and just had to get back in

And now HT!?! What's up with that? :nana:

Keeding!!!

:lol

Yeah, i'm an HT faboy now.

They're like mini PF's, only poseable :lol

I'll tell ya, I loved the 8 PF's and 4 Comiquettes that I had the privilege to have owned but HT sure is stepping up their game.

That Mark IV is to die for......can't wait for CR Superman and Indy from Raiders.

Don't you hate regrets though....ughh.....I feel the same about my HT OC Batman, Takara Batman and even the Polystone stuff.

I do think I learned a lesson though.......Don't sell your ____! :lol

I voted without stands! More poses and besides all my figures are in my custom glass cabinet, even if they tumble they dont fall off the shelf:)

I voted without stands! More poses and besides all my figures are in my custom glass cabinet, even if they tumble they dont fall off the shelf:)

I just don't trust the ankles on any HT product.

My WM looks good w/o the stand but I always have that nagging feeling that his ankles will give out.

:lol

Yeah, i'm an HT faboy now.

They're like mini PF's, only poseable :lol

I'll tell ya, I loved the 8 PF's and 4 Comiquettes that I had the privilege to have owned but HT sure is stepping up their game.

That Mark IV is to die for......can't wait for CR Superman and Indy from Raiders.

Don't you hate regrets though....ughh.....I feel the same about my HT OC Batman, Takara Batman and even the Polystone stuff.

I do think I learned a lesson though.......Don't sell your ____! :lol

:goodpost::exactly::exactly:

I'm actually picking the MK IV up... best Iron Man in that scale by a country mile

My first 1/6 figure was Hot Toys' She-Predator Machiko. I displayed her without the stand because I couldn't get it to snap into the base. A couple of months later she took a nose dive off the shelf and snapped her knee joint. I had to replace the body costing me another $50.

All of my 1/6 figures currently use stands.

Man I want to pose my DXbats with the stand but I'm afraid that the metal on the stand will leave indentations on it or that it will react with the suit in a scary and destructive way. Any advice?

I always display my figures with the stands, too afraid of them falling off the shelf and I kinda like the look of them with the stands anyways.

I just don't trust the ankles on any HT product.

My WM looks good w/o the stand but I always have that nagging feeling that his ankles will give out.

Aside from the Mark I, I've found the ankles to be fairly good. Especially WM, thing stands like....well like a war machine. The Mark 3 and 4 are pretty good if you flatten their feet and press down the flaps above their feet. Everytime I pose mine I do the old finger flick, if they can wobble without tipping at all, they're good. Sometimes I flick their feet just to make sure XD

However, I know not all ankles are built the same. My Stormtrooper's is horrible, but you can get these little glue dots in the stationary section, basically little sticky plastic blogs and they will hold on to practically anything. Stormtrooper stands proud in my living room, arms out ready to catch my bluetooth headset.

Since all my HT figures are in Detolfs, I display them on the platform of the stand but I remove the vertical column and hooks from the platform.
This way when ppl look at them they can still see the nameplate :)

I think it looks better without a stand but not as safe. So it depends on the figure.

without a stand at the moment but I am sure I will start using the stands once I have more than two

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back