How do you prefer to display your Hot Toys, with or without the stand?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How do you prefer to display your Hot Toys, with or without the stand?

• With

Votes: 86 65.6%
  • Without

Votes: 29 22.1%
  • Some days with and some days without.

Votes: 9 6.9%
  • Using any stand equates to you still suckling on your momma's titties!

Votes: 7 5.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
At first I used stands because I liked the look of them and was afraid they would fall... but found that they limited posing or it would bug me if I wanted a character to have facing a direction which wasn't straight forward then the stands would be facing different directions and just make for a messy display.

So I stopped using them and haven't had any problems. The only times any have fallen over is when I been sat reposing them. Some take a bit longer than others to find the centre of gravity but once in a decent pose theres no problem! Not in my experience any way!

If there were kids or pets running around then I would probably use stands. But I have no need for them and they just sit in the box un-used. I can see the appeal of them but for me they are useless so far.

Without stands when possible. Haven't had any real issues with HT's figures and loose joints, but SS is another story. So out of necessity loose joint figures have stands.

It also depends on the base. The DXs for example look great, whereas the regular ones not so much TBH. 'Without' usually works better for me

At first I used stands because I liked the look of them and was afraid they would fall... but found that they limited posing or it would bug me if I wanted a character to have facing a direction which wasn't straight forward then the stands would be facing different directions and just make for a messy display.

So I stopped using them and haven't had any problems. The only times any have fallen over is when I been sat reposing them. Some take a bit longer than others to find the centre of gravity but once in a decent pose theres no problem! Not in my experience any way!

If there were kids or pets running around then I would probably use stands. But I have no need for them and they just sit in the box un-used. I can see the appeal of them but for me they are useless so far.

:exactly: The figure should be free to pose in any position, without the hinderance of a stand. If you are worried about them falling, simply place the figure in an enclosed space so that should they fall, they only tip over and not fall all the way to the floor. Getting the right Pose is what brings the figure to life.

Vote: No Stand!

With. I love the name plaque and wish that Sideshow had done that too.

Actually, I hate the name plaque and believe it is cheesy. Takes away from figure. I know what it is, no reason to have some generic text on the plaque, ruining the look of my figure. Plus, it gets redundant looking, all the plaques lined up on stands when you have your figures together all on bases.

Depends... I make sure rubber parts never touch stands, don't want those damn indentations.

So what do you do? That's my issue with the DX Bats. Is there a way to pad that, soften the ends or anything to prevent that? Positioning?

I think someone should trade me their Mark 1 for my Batman DX so that I can see how stable the Mark 1 is w/o a stand :lol

All research based :lol

Without. Hate the look, plus all my figs are in a curio, don't have to worry about a tumble...not that I have had the issue, I do a good job of posing and balancing the weight so they are stable.

:exactly: Having most of my figs in Detolfs not much can happen to them. I don't remember when I had a figure topple over though, so those standing on top of the cases go without their bases too.

Stands always stay in the box unless they are something out of the ordinary, like what came with Wolf Pred or IM MK IV, DX Joker etc..

So what do you do? That's my issue with the DX Bats. Is there a way to pad that, soften the ends or anything to prevent that? Positioning?

The DX bats ankles are strong. I just let him stand on his own.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back