How do you afford everything?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mlarsen said:
A few months ago I started to donate plasma.
For an extra $200 in my pocket a month, it's worth it! Every little bit helps.

Hmmm. I live in Minnesota too, MLarsen. Where do you go to donate plasma?

I've got a special credit card set aside for all my internet pre-orders, satellite radio, and X-Box Live subscription. That's all I use that card for and pay it off every month...it's gonna be tough whenever Jabba comes in though.

I looked everywhere for a high yield MM, they highest I came up with is just shy of 4%...........

Jesse

Well, at least everything Starwars coming out I'm going to buy... I'm a completist speaking of Sideshow, Gentle Giant and Attakus... as for Master Replicas... I would like to be a completist but I can't... well I would want to buy the MR Studio Scale Millenium Falcon, but 2300 dollars It's too much and the signed one for 2700 dollars Is crazy, I prefer to save money for the 2 Lifesize Droids Sideshow is going to produce...:chew and please guys next lifesize statue will be Chewie... at least we can hope...

I noticed I haven't replied aswell the post as It is asking How we can afford all these stuff, well actually I'm spending all the money I gain for Star Wars... When I'll have a family I won't of course but for now I'm taking almost everything...:chew ...

Vader AL said:
Where are you getting a money market that pays 5%?

Sorry, I got my rates mixed...my money market is 4.35%, my CD is 5%...

Vader AL said:
And with the unstable international market you could lose quite a bit on that one real quick..

Very true, but as I warned, that fund is very high risk. The investment isn't a significant amount of money for me. Let's just say that it wouldn't be worth jumping out a window if it tanks...:D But the return is worth the risk, and Frank Holmes who runs the fund is a fantastic fund manager....

I took a second job. Went back to my old college job of valet parking. Nothing beats a couple weekend nights of $20-40 an hour (cash) for beefing up the collection. Of course, that figure is only good until the end of the summer. Which, unfortunately, is ... oh, dear ... that close, huh? :monkey2

Back