How do you afford everything?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buffy-collector

Super Freak
Reaction score
How do you afford everything?
Im still at collage so I dont work,So its harder for me.

I want so much stuff lol

I get 6inch figures of buffy from dst £13.00 each
I get the sideshow buffys.
Im getting pf leia
Plus books and dvds and clothes ect.

I afford all the stuff I get but I want so much stuff.
I want:
Jabbas trone stuff
more pfs
Jaws sideshow
Plus the Terminator stuff

I will probably get the Jabba stuff for xmas or birthday and get more pfs for xmas.

But god every things so pricey.

WE DON'T!!!!!!

But, I do what I can by selling off my 30+ year collection of non-sport trading cards, spending every spare penny from my paycheck, and not spending money on other things... like food and rent! :rotfl

I can't, so I pick and choose. I do all right by that.

My dvd collection has suffered a lot for the sake of my figures, I must say. There are several television box sets and a few movies I'd like to purchase but I never get them because the money that I would spend on them goes to figures. I don't mind too much though.

Playing catch up (buying a buncha stuff that's already been released) is the worst. But once you manage to get that outta they way (Christmas, Birthdays, Graduation were my helpers) and you start pre-ordering I just take each item I order then divide it by the number of months until it should be released. For instance my Boba Fett PF takes $43.75 a month. That makes things a wee bit easier, and I generally pay for a 12" when I pre-order it. Just stick it in savings and pull it out when ship time comes. Of course when you get three Bond 12" released in three weeks and a Boba Fett PF, along with The Mummy PF and add the Yoda Bust and grad school on the horizon...well that's when sacrifices get made. Anyways, that's how I afford what I get. But with Grad school coming up, there's a huge brick wall I'm coming up on and I'm gonna slam into it hard. :banghead

I have a 0% interest credit card that gets filled up throughout the year and paid off gradually, then completely cleared out with a large part of my tax return in the spring.

Buttmunch said:
I want a credit card like that! I didn't even think something that great even existed! :lol

I am on my third, actually! When the 0% interest rate eventually goes up, I transfer it over to a new one. As long as the 0% offers keep coming I will be in good shape. It's nice when you can get one that lasts a year before increasing.

tomandshell said:
I am on my third, actually! When the 0% interest rate eventually goes up, I transfer it over to a new one. As long as the 0% offers keep coming I will be in good shape. It's nice when you can get one that lasts a year before increasing.

I always pay my CC in full, at least I used to. We'll see now. I think I'm done playing catch up with the lines I want so I hope everything else will now just be pre-ordered and no more jumping on existing lines.

If you don't mind me asking, what type of CC is that with the 0% interest?

tomandshell said:
I do the same thing. I have a couple of zero percent cards as well. I literally get offers in the mail everyday for a card with zero percent interest. It's crazy.

You're in college so don't even think about buying high end items!

Get your education and find a nice paying job. Patience.

It's not worth going into any debt at all, especially for statues. If you cannot afford, don't buy it.

Be smart now and rich later.

Zero debt here, have never had any, never will.

Darth Loki said:
I always pay my CC in full, at least I used to. We'll see now. I think I'm done playing catch up with the lines I want so I hope everything else will now just be pre-ordered and no more jumping on existing lines.

If you don't mind me asking, what type of CC is that with the 0% interest?
I can't speak for tomandshell but in my case I have gotten offers in the mail from visa, mastercard, or discover that basically offer you 0% for a specified time, usually 6 months to a year if you qualify for their card. Then I go online and apply for the card. The key thing is to never make a payment late. Otherwise they will jack the interest rate up to an ungodly amount.

I think he is doing the zero interest balance transfer trick. You will see crditcard offers with zero interest balance transfer for x months. When it gets to the end of the period you get a new one with the same thing and transfer the balance and most likely cancel the now empty card. I know I personaly get 4-5 offers in the mail a week. I have a lot of friends that do that, but it seems like to much work and will over time effect your credit score due to the number of inquires.

Gruson said:
You're in college so don't even think about buying high end items!

Get your education and find a nice paying job. Patience.

It's not worth going into any debt at all, especially for statues. If you cannot afford, don't buy it.

Be smart now and rich later.
Wise words.

mfoga said:
I think he is doing the zero interest balance transfer trick. You will see crditcard offers with zero interest balance transfer for x months. When it gets to the end of the period you get a new one with the same thing and transfer the balance and most likely cancel the now empty card. I know I personaly get 4-5 offers in the mail a week. I have a lot of friends that do that, but it seems like to much work and will over time effect your credit score due to the number of inquires.
Actually, they sometimes offer the 0% on purchases as well. I have two cards right now that have this.

FlyAndFight said:
You have to know when to hold them and when to flip...er... I mean fold them. :monkey3

Who said that?? :monkey5
Kenny Rogers, the gambler. :D

You gotta know when to hold 'em
Know when to fold 'em
Know when to walk away
Know when to run
You never count your money
When you're sittin' at the table
There'll be time enough for countin'
When the dealin' done.

Words to live by really.

I just buy what I can afford. Most of my Sideshow stuff has been paid for with the proceeds from selling my Hasbro collection but I don't know how I'll be able to afford any more stuff after pre-ordering Jabba & co. If I could get a job it would make things a lot easier but I've been out of work for 9 years (due to illness) and don't really have any qualifications so I'm virtually screwed when it comes to getting a decent job :eek:

Sold a ton of stuff on ebay and now I am putting a little away each month for Boba Fett (who I pre ordered today:D ). Then I am pretty much done. I am lucky. I have no interest in the 12 inch lines or the SW busts and while i love comics I really don't care for getting any of the Comic statues.

tomandshell said:
I have a 0% interest credit card that gets filled up throughout the year and paid off gradually, then completely cleared out with a large part of my tax return in the spring.

Bingo! Me too. :chew

Last edited:
Back