How deep do you think the Marvel PF line will go?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As with any mention of Thor and anything that Sideshow would make................gotta bring up Ultimate Thor just for fun................what sorta discussion would it be if it didn't have this brought up only for SLF and a few others to say BOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D :lol

Mithrandier said:
As with any mention of Thor and anything that Sideshow would make................gotta bring up Ultimate Thor just for fun................what sorta discussion would it be if it didn't have this brought up only for SLF and a few others to say BOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D :lol

Ultimate Thor :emperor

Die Die Die!!!! :emperor

:D

76807785_8908c02b4c_o.jpg

This Thing is more iconi IMO. And I do agree that Sideshow should do more Comic based characters than Movie based.

They started the line with Elektra, Punisher and Green Goblin - hardly Marvel's first string. And those haven't sold through yet. So I'd expect them to stick with first stringers - most of whom we have coming already.

Of course there's the whole X-collective - only Logan so far in PF. Thor, Dr. Strange, Daredevil, can't think of many more that are 1st string.

003.jpg

Last edited:
I think Dr Strange, Thor and Daredevil would be much more interesting as PFs than The Thing. The Thing lends himself more to a comiquette (IMHO) as he's going to be 95% sculpted while the others can take advantage of the whole point of the Premium Format line which was to use a range of tailored outfits, metal & leather accessories etc.

ffl1940 said:
I think Dr Strange, Thor and Daredevil would be much more interesting as PFs than The Thing. The Thing lends himself more to a comiquette (IMHO) as he's going to be 95% sculpted while the others can take advantage of the whole point of the Premium Format line which was to use a range of tailored outfits, metal & leather accessories etc.

I would agree with you if they hadn't release a Hulk PF with only fabric pants (no torn shirt) to justify a "Premium Format" label... :rolleyes:

That's why I say an Iron Man PF is not completely out of the question. Labelling items on certain lines doesn't necessarily follow any set patterns if it will create sales. Just look at the whole Spidey Vs Venom "Vs Diorama" debacle as a clear example of up to interpretation labelling.

The only benefit I see on clearly labelling something a comiquette or a PF is the scale of the sculpt. Both lines not always match each other in size. So I guess if you have to put fabric pants on Hulk just to make him match Cap then so be it.

I'd like to see SSC focus on more Comic Book characters and less on the movie releases.

Maybe they could do the maquettes/PF's of characters in their comic book form when the movies are released. So a Comic Book Ghost Rider to coincide with the Ghost Rider movie and so on.

I'm itching for some more Spider-Man villains in PF form like Venom, Dr Octopus and Electro.

Hopefully we'll get some comic book based villainy from SSC to coincide with the release of SM3

i skipped through this thread so dont hate me if i state something already brought up a couple times. i think if they keep up the INCREDIBLE work that they have been producing this line will continue to flourish. however, i dont see them coming out with non popular characters. i would love to see a Deadpool, Cable, Nightcrawler, Gambit, Deathlok, and a couple others i can't think of right now.

I think they will continue to let the line grown with a good mix of PF's and statues. Unfortunetly I can't go too deep into the line because It could be a nightmare to collect! ;)

as far as must have PF's... Another Wolverine (better then the current one), Archangel, Nightcrawler, Gambit, Spiderman (better version), Rino, HobGoblin, Venom, Carnage, Dr. Strange.. and ULTIMATE THOR!!!! :D

Back