Hottoys first showing at Ani-com 2011

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Y4NK33 i just don't see the need for a new Joker when some of the licenses i want figures from gets canned after 2 figures.

I want Clu, Rinzler, Tony Stark (Chest RT Light-Up), a ton of X-Men First Class figures, a ton of MGS figures.

And it freaking makes me go :gah: when none (or very few) of these will likely happen...

Yet we're on out 3rd/4th Joker :slap

Believe me I understand and want all those Tron figures as well. But the bottom line is that the Joker is arguably the most popular villain of any comic line of all time, with a tremendous history that spans generations and will sell 10 times as many figures as any of those other characters. That's the business of HT, to make money! Not make sure we have complete collections sadly. The good thing is that by making big money off these releases it allows them financially to take risks with characters that aren't as popular.

I am up for re-releases, it's good for people who doesn't have a particular figure. I always wanted a DX Joker now with the announcement of the Joker 2.0 I'm excited.

BUT, I do think hot toys is getting greedy. I guess Howard needs a pair of fancy cars for his 7 million dollar house.... Oh the jealousy

what is the story with the throne and Davy Jones

I've read that the Davy Jones is a not-for-sale dio made for an event.

The throne will come with a new Cannibal King Jack, i think it will be like the Gantry, only the fig by itself or with the throne.

So what was the supposed Marvel figure reveal?

The event apparently doesn't start for a few hours, so i :dunno

We may yet have the supposed Marvel (i want Magneto) and MGS announcement :pray:

I've read that the Davy Jones is a not-for-sale dio made for an event.

The throne will come with a new Cannibal King Jack, i think it will be like the Gantry, only the fig by itself or with the throne.

The event apparently doesn't start for a few hours, so i :dunno

We may yet have the supposed Marvel (i want Magneto) and MGS announcement :pray:

Well whatever its is i hope its next year I am backed up this year with figures what is there average 2 a month.

The difference here though is that we are a while from the last Jack display and the sculpting on the DX Jack is far superior so if that is the case, that figure will be worth nabbing again even for those with the original Cannibal Jack whereas with the Gantry if you have the Mark IV you could easily skip it.

^^ Grosby.

I refer you to a post on the TDK Joker thread...

Aside from Nurse Joker, all versions have been done already. And when the toyfair exclusive first came out everyone said, 'i wish it was LOS Bruce' so aside from the one figure on the list i posted, you ignored all of the others which fans have repeatedly requested.

I've got 2 of the 3 Joker's already released, so i have no interest in this, i do get that the aftermarket scalping is causing folks mayhem in finding a HT Joker but if that's the rule now then HT will have to re-release every figure they make cos thats the way it is with HT.

Another Joker shouldn't take precedence over LOS Bruce, Ra's and Gordon period.

Or other licenses that stopped after 1 or 2 figures.

Summed up your argument seems to be merely, 'I've got what I want, I'm satisfied, I have no interest in other Joker figures, so let's move on and make other figures that I want because once I'm satisfied that means everyone's satisfied.'

Remove your hands from the keyboard and massage your temples a little and just try to consider that just as you want a new Tony Stark (it's really very telling that you list this as an acceptable want while rallying against The Joker here...), there are people who want a new Joker, even if just a different facial expression or re-release, that there is and long has been an audience for this. All your whining here, your complaining, is based on nothing more than a childish inability to comprehend that what you yourself want is not what I or other people may want, that's all it is.

You want a whole line completed down to the dullest of characters, like Rachel Dawes, and so you think everyone else must want that too. Maybe, just maybe, there are people who would any day of the week take multiple versions of The Joker or T-800, etc, etc, over "completing" the line with every co-star. And maybe for some lines 1 or 2 figures is all some people want? Maybe there are people out there with completely different collecting aims than you? You don't have to like it, I'm not saying that, but just accept that your needs are not shared by all and stop being such a childish bum and party pooper just because a release is not interesting to you personally.

And this Joker figure is taking precedence over other figures, that's what you say? HT just announced an 89 Batman, Joker and Batmobile, and they just showed two figures from Sucker Punch, and so very clearly they can come out with multiple figures from the same line if they actually intended to release other figures. One figure obviously does not wipe out another figure no matter how much you might like to scream that it does.

Grosby i'm not here to fight with you but Buttmunch said it best: 3 Jokers have already been released, you got here late thats your problem, not mine. It's not my fault the scalpers want to charge you double.

I want HT to move forward and not rehash existing figures, plenty more deserving characters out there than a third of the same Purple one.

I could care less about Rachel Dawes it was just an example, but i do want a Ra's Al Ghul, much more than another Joker, and there are fans who have 1 of the 3 Jokers already who want Ra's or Gordon instead of this.

I just want my figures. Nurse Joker!! (Maybe? Well it better be HT!)

I wouldn't mind a MMS Nurse Joker solo, it would be new and wouldn't be too expensive.

Summed up your argument seems to be merely, 'I've got what I want, I'm satisfied, I have no interest in other Joker figures, so let's move on and make other figures that I want because once I'm satisfied that means everyone's satisfied.'

Remove your hands from the keyboard and massage your temples a little and just try to consider that just as you want a new Tony Stark (it's really very telling that you list this as an acceptable want while rallying against The Joker here...), there are people who want a new Joker, even if just a different facial expression or re-release, that there is and long has been an audience for this. All your whining here, your complaining, is based on nothing more than a childish inability to comprehend that what you yourself want is not what I or other people may want, that's all it is.

You want a whole line completed down to the dullest of characters, like Rachel Dawes, and so you think everyone else must want that too. Maybe, just maybe, there are people who would any day of the week take multiple versions of The Joker or T-800, etc, etc, over "completing" the line with every co-star. And maybe for some lines 1 or 2 figures is all some people want? Maybe there are people out there with completely different collecting aims than you? You don't have to like it, I'm not saying that, but just accept that your needs are not shared by all and stop being such a childish bum and party pooper just because a release is not interesting to you personally.

And this Joker figure is taking precedence over other figures, that's what you say? HT just announced an 89 Batman, Joker and Batmobile, and they just showed two figures from Sucker Punch, and so very clearly they can come out with multiple figures from the same line if they actually intended to release other figures. One figure obviously does not wipe out another figure no matter how much you might like to scream that it does.

I applaud you.
:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap

Couldnt have said it better. I do not own a joker, so this is perfect for me. He is the only non-comic comic character I will ever get.

Grosby i'm not here to fight with you but Buttmunch said it best: 3 Jokers have already been released, you got here late thats your problem, not mine. It's not my fault the scalpers want to charge you double.

Ah, but it is your fault that when an opportunity comes along for others to pick up a Joker, or for others to expand their collection with what they want, you choose to drop down to the ground and start kicking your arms and feet.

I'm not trying to fight with you either, I guess I'm just trying to tell you to stop being a complete and utter baby...

There is allways more room for 1\6 Bruce Lee and Joker figures.

Hell I have most of the HT TDK figures and I am excited to see this new Joker and w.e enterbay comes out with it too

As for Bruce Lee. hell its Bruce freakin Lee. Off cus we need more figures of him

Grosby is a friendly chap :lol

There is allways more room for 1\6 Bruce Lee and Joker figures.

Hell I have most of the HT TDK figures and I am excited to see this new Joker and w.e enterbay comes out with it too

As for Bruce Lee. hell its Bruce freakin Lee. Off cus we need more figures of him

:yess: :rock

Back