1/6 Hot Toys - Artist Collection - Kerberos Panzer Jäger Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How does the magnets on the neck/head work?
Just ordered the head for a kitbash and need to make a neck post.
Are there magnets in both head and neck or just a magnet in one and metal in the other?

If it's like the DX12, all you need is a 10mm wide cylinder neodymium magnet. The head should just have a collar of metal in it.
Google "DX12 neck" and one of the results will show you a stripped DX12 neck.

Thanks. Have a dx12 but it is packed up ready for moving house.
Bought some magnets at the weekend and have a bbi neck ready for converting.

Thanks. Have a dx12 but it is packed up ready for moving house.
Bought some magnets at the weekend and have a bbi neck ready for converting.

Here's a pic i found here on the forum.

photonov0785238am.jpg

I don't recall the backpack on either of those, nor did they light up or have an Ed Harris head sculpt.

I guess it may have suffered from no one having ever heard of the source material (for the most part) and the bizarre choice to cast Ed Harris as the sculpt.

I never picked this figure up, but i did pick up some spare headsculpts(I was always thinking about removing the "Ed Harris" sculpt, and pitting another face on there). I've always wondered why on earth they would model the face on this to look like Ed Harris?
So, a few days back, i removed the face from one of my headsculpts and replaced the face with another one(With some creative dremelling).
And with the "Ed Harris" face removed, i see detail in it that i didn't before.
I am convinced that HT didn't model it on Ed Harris. I am nearly certain now that this face was modelled on Peter Weller. Now, the face, removed from the confines of the rest of the sculpt, looks far more like Weller than Harris. There's one detail that's slightly off. Granted, the nose is fractionally too wide for Weller, but the eyes and lips are dead ringers for him. I have put the face up to photos of Weller and see way more resemblance to him than Harris now. And now that i see it, i can't un-see it(In a good way, of course).
It seems like such a head slapping moment that, with no fanfare, they modelled "Kerberos Panzer Cop" on the actor who played Robocop.
I can't say for certain, of course, and i expect some might not see it, but there are details in there that are pure Weller.
It's great to see some new detail you never saw before.

I never picked this figure up, but i did pick up some spare headsculpts(I was always thinking about removing the "Ed Harris" sculpt, and pitting another face on there). I've always wondered why on earth they would model the face on this to look like Ed Harris?
So, a few days back, i removed the face from one of my headsculpts and replaced the face with another one(With some creative dremelling).
And with the "Ed Harris" face removed, i see detail in it that i didn't before.
I am convinced that HT didn't model it on Ed Harris. I am nearly certain now that this face was modelled on Peter Weller. Now, the face, removed from the confines of the rest of the sculpt, looks far more like Weller than Harris. There's one detail that's slightly off. Granted, the nose is fractionally too wide for Weller, but the eyes and lips are dead ringers for him. I have put the face up to photos of Weller and see way more resemblance to him than Harris now. And now that i see it, i can't un-see it(In a good way, of course).
It seems like such a head slapping moment that, with no fanfare, they modelled "Kerberos Panzer Cop" on the actor who played Robocop.
I can't say for certain, of course, and i expect some might not see it, but there are details in there that are pure Weller.
It's great to see some new detail you never saw before.

Any chance of some pics?

Any chance of some pics?

Okay. It?s maybe only me that sees Peter Weller here, but from certain angles it?s quite close to my eyes. Now, a bit of backstory is that I took the face from the Kerberos masked head and had to dremel another face to fit the mask, so the following images are of the Kerberos face blutacked to that head. I know it looks a bit Frankensteined, but the important part is the face and the eyes.
Opinions will vary of course. But to me, freed from the mask, I see a lot of Weller?s soulful eyes. It's all i can see now!

e35f5f07472717e3870833d96132e551.jpg

19d5c3e978ff2216f3846adc4f8a4279.jpg

Okay. It?s maybe only me that sees Peter Weller here, but from certain angles it?s quite close to my eyes. Now, a bit of backstory is that I took the face from the Kerberos masked head and had to dremel another face to fit the mask, so the following images are of the Kerberos face blutacked to that head. I know it looks a bit Frankensteined, but the important part is the face and the eyes.
Opinions will vary of course. But to me, freed from the mask, I see a lot of Weller?s soulful eyes. It's all i can see now!

e35f5f07472717e3870833d96132e551.jpg

19d5c3e978ff2216f3846adc4f8a4279.jpg

what are you trying to do btw.

I wanted the helmeted sculpt to have a different face. So I used that head and dremelled off the face.
Here?s what the head looks like now:

38c44dc37425e554e0aea335cdee2474.jpg

i mean the one in the pictures where you blu tac the kerberos face on the defaced sculpt. but good job on that. did you put on the face from underside or front side and how did you make the clean cuts on both the balaclava and original face?

i mean the one in the pictures where you blu tac the kerberos face on the defaced sculpt. but good job on that. did you put on the face from underside or front side and how did you make the clean cuts on both the balaclava and original face?

The defaced sculpt and the Kerberos face were only put together because I knew I could see a likeness of a face other than Ed Harris. But human facial schema and our inherent pareidolia works best when there?s a head shape to work with. That piece is really just spare parts to be thrown away or put in a little box for a later project.
To get the head cut cleanly, I removed the Kerberos face and made a three layer latex mask over it. When the latex had hardened, I used that mask to draw a pencil line on the new head that gave me the absolute edge of what I needed to remove. Then I dremelled the face off roughly and tidied up the edges until it fit snugly when pressed in from the front.
But yeah, I?m not intending to do anything with the leftover pieces for now. I just have a few of the heads with the original face that I bought parted out back in the day and I wanted to have different faces in there.

Back