Hot Toys x Obi-Wan Kenobi - "Purge Trooper" - 1/6 Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What's ridiculous about this Kenobi "Purge Trooper" is that he's only equipped with a blaster, and not one of those staves to at least fight against a Jedi with a lightsaber, cause that is what they are "purging" right......

Then again I guess they didn't really do any fighting, so a Deathtrooper blaster will suffice......insert "roll eyes" emoji. I guess could potentially make or find a 1/6 staff. I think the HT Imperial Guard had them right.

You nailed it. Their equipment in Kenobi makes zero sense. Wasted opportunity. Imagine a purge trooper pulling out that energy staff and fighting with Kenobi.

Even those duck troopers in sequels had something like that (riot trooper).

What's ridiculous about this Kenobi "Purge Trooper" is that he's only equipped with a blaster, and not one of those staves to at least fight against a Jedi with a lightsaber, cause that is what they are "purging" right......

Then again I guess they didn't really do any fighting, so a Deathtrooper blaster will suffice......insert "roll eyes" emoji. I guess could potentially make or find a 1/6 staff. I think the HT Imperial Guard had them right.

You could use the Coruscant Guard electrostaff. Different from the game version but it would work. The Royal Guards have a shorter force pike.

It would’ve been cool to see them with melee weapons in the show but I agree with you that they didn’t because they weren’t going to be used that way. Like I said above, they didn’t seem to want Obi-Wan appearing too powerful before the final Vader duel.

They probably didn’t want too much melee combat before then, which is a shame. There really should’ve been an action sequence for them and the Inquisitors.

That said, a blaster is still a viable weapon against a Jedi. The majority of Jedi were killed in Order 66 by Clones with blasters. Arguably getting into CQB with a highly trained Jedi is more dangerous.

There’s a ranged version of the Purge Trooper in Fallen Order who can be very deadly and a big threat if you’re not paying attention, with moves to counter a close quarters combatant.

6AC68862-EE88-40E2-AEE6-7CE2FB8CC7A8.jpeg

And anyone that’s played Battlefront 2 knows the real secret weapon against Force wielders: dodge rolling.

Last edited:
Part of the problem is why this design exists at all. I mean other than selling new merch.
Other than merch I'd assume the design of their armour (either the game or the series version) would be for intimidation similarly to how the Death Troopers look compared to a regular Stormtrooper - it didn't come across in the show and I have not yet played the game (recently bought a PS5 so planning to) but I'd assume the slick black armour, red glowing eyes and (Kenobi version) slightly Vader esq shape to bucket is meant to create fear and panic especially as they will often be after Padawans and untrained force users rather that Jedi Knights.
In the comics, they were from the final batch of Clones but they were phased out by the time of Fallen Order.

I think the Purge Troopers in Kenobi - like the other Inquisitors who didn’t fight - suffered from the writers wanting to save Obi-Wan’s Force power reawakening moment for the final Vader duel.

Which is understandable, but it would’ve been good to have a scene where they raid a Jedi gathering like in the Purge comic to show what they can all do.
They relied on people having watched Rebels, played the game or read the comics to know the Inquisitors and Purge Troopers are meant to be a threat.

They relied on people having watched Rebels, played the game or read the comics to know the Inquisitors and Purge Troopers are meant to be a threat.

Actually I don’t think they really cared that much. I appreciate the connections and callbacks but other than the Grand Inquisitor, it’s all just set dressing. Which is not a complaint per se. I love Easter eggs. But it is what it is.

The original draft was written in 2017, well before Fallen Order. The connections to the game were added much later. So they feel like they’re just there to be there because they are in fact, just there to be there.

... is this.... is this the least amount of accessories with a figure, ever? I dont ever recall seeing fewer. Four hands and one blaster? Don't pull out all the stops, HT. You spoil us, you really do.

/s

One weapon and a couple of hands is on par with most troopers. The Clones got a lot more than usual.

Surprisingly this is not the figure with the lowest number of accessories. That would be The Clone Wars Obi-Wan.

2B98037A-E3D1-4E4C-9B49-FDE4470F961C.jpeg

Collectors have really become a bunch of whiners lately

Ah, the Fandom Police are here, to adjudicate all issues related to inconsistencies/plot holes/collectible offerings and quality of same.

Yeah, we do still have the ability to voice our opinions - for the fat lot of good that will do us. HT dont care, for sure.

This guy plus a few dozen stormies weren't seemingly able to hit a single rebel in their "assault" on the Kenobi cave hideout, even though they were standing right in front of them.

For how much I love the last 2 duels in the series, several of the action blaster scenes were terribly shot and choreographed.

... is this.... is this the least amount of accessories with a figure, ever? I dont ever recall seeing fewer. Four hands and one blaster? Don't pull out all the stops, HT. You spoil us, you really do.

/s

I think the CW Black Panther only came with a few hands as well.

s-l1600.jpg

How about 4 hands TOTAL and that's it.

But there's an extra Bespin wall backdrop :monkey3

Back