Hot Toys x Obi-Wan Kenobi - "Purge Trooper" - 1/6 Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You'd think they'd show neuVader, and THEN these guys to flank him. HT is really weird sometimes.
True, but also didn't happen with Krennic. We almost didn't get him.

Vader on the other hand is a definite. Probably a lot more work even for the prototype.

I'm fine to wait, I seem to have a tonne of previous pre-orders all dropping right now.

Almost every major part of the design is different from the Airborne Clone based JFO Purge Trooper though. I want the JFO version but just putting the helmet on this one would really bother me. :lol

Most of the armor is different as is the kama in both style and material, and the pauldron design as well.

Easiest would be if they finally do the 212th Airborne for maybe ROTS 20th and do a full repaint. Although technically any Clone would do if you put the Airborne helmet and appropriate accessories on it which I’ve considered doing.
True, I was just being lazy :ROFLMAO:
There are enough people that sell 3D printed Kits and pieces that you could build and paint a JFO one for under $300.

I should probably do that :cool:

All I need from this series is battle damaged Vader and Kenobi.

Thought the show was mediocre overall but that scene was memorable.
This. I envisage my shelf having a battle-damaged Vader in a defeated pose and Obi Wan standing above him victorious finally in tune with his force powers.

Meh. I was really hoping for the Jedi Fallen Order Purge Troopers along with the Second Sister.

star-wars-jedi-fallen-order-gallery-4_e0cd4c1b.jpeg

But it seems Hot Toys has decided to pass over that game entirely :rolleyes:.
There is Fallen Order 2 coming next year I think it was.
With a bit of luck they don't abandon the Purge Trooper character designs so we could still get them as another variant of purge trooper ? With a Kal Kestis !!

Part of the problem is why this design exists at all. I mean other than selling new merch. There is no background or explanation for it. What makes it so special over a regular trooper with regard to hunting jedi? Does the helmet have special nose hairs for sniffing them out, can the armor repel lightsabers? Could they not just use Death Troopers? I've not played Fallen Order or read any EU stuff with these in, but some context and action may have helped in Obi-Wan to sell the idea of introducing yet another trooper variant for the sake of it.

As far as the design goes it's ok, but as people have said very sequel trilogy in feel. The red eyes are lame, childish in design. Look at me I have red eyes, I'm evil wha-hahaaha. I'm disappointed with Doug Chiang as an art director. He did some great design work for the prequels but I guess he's just a 'yes' man working for the Disney accountants these days. They seem to run the shows with stunted creativity and short pockets.

Still hoping for a 212th beehive trooper. Sort it HT, redeem yourselves.

With a bit of luck they don't abandon the Purge Trooper character designs so we could still get them as another variant of purge trooper ? With a Kal Kestis !!

I read somewhere that this "Phase 2" Purge Trooper will be used in the 2nd game.

Considering it takes place at the same time as Kenobi I think it'll be this design.

I got a "thank you" coupon today so for $215 I'll grab it. Not what I expected as the first Kenobi figure, but we had to all know it was coming.

Probably what I'll wait for as well, this is reasonably priced and looks pretty cool.

Still not overly excited about it, but will add some nice color variation to the Empire shelves for collectors.

Still prefer the JFO look, love that beehive helmet.

I care more about the white stormtroopers in the background they are a mix of rogue one and new hope as they have the holsters, I think this time we will see a new all-white stormtrooper release.
I think the stormtroopers are all Rogue one’s in those shots. They’ve literally just hooked a few holsters on a couple of them...

Probably what I'll wait for as well, this is reasonably priced and looks pretty cool.

Still not overly excited about it, but will add some nice color variation to the Empire shelves for collectors.

Still prefer the JFO look, love that beehive helmet.
This. As I'm not too bothered with mixing eras, this would add another touch of variety and IMO blend in nicely with the Dark Trooper I plan on having flank my Moff Gideon and Death Trooper. A low priority but I'll probably grab one on the cheap at some point...

At least the price on this isn’t too bad really. Still not one I’m going to rush to pre-order (if I decide to get it at all).

I'll probably grab a couple. They look really cool and while they aren't exactly faithful to their source material, I was still happy to see them make an appearance in the show. They'll look cool with Vader or an Imperial Officer or Death / Dark Troopers.

They look really cool and while they aren't exactly faithful to their source material, I was still happy to see them make an appearance in the show.

I love the Fallen Order Purge Troopers, and this is more of another iteration or phase so I don’t really see it as being unfaithful to the source material.

It’s just a new Purge Trooper… that happens to be worse in every way when compared to their Fallen Order predecessors.

6A7D06C6-3748-48AB-8E1B-6234A249E04F.gif

I actually really like this. I'm not certain I'm going to get one, but chances are I probably will. I'd have preferred an announcement of Ben or Reva, but this is still fun.

I love the Fallen Order Purge Troopers, and this is more of another iteration or phase so I don’t really see it as being unfaithful to the source material.

It’s just a new Purge Trooper… that happens to be worse in every way when compared to their Fallen Order predecessors.

View attachment 586292
I guess the ones in fallen order were mostly still clones with their great training, by the time of Kenobi most of the clone ones were dead so the ones we saw were crappy recruits. Much like all the useless stormtroopers.

I guess the ones in fallen order were mostly still clones with their great training, by the time of Kenobi most of the clone ones were dead so the ones we saw were crappy recruits. Much like all the useless stormtroopers.
They weren’t clones, the show was just bad.

In the comics, they were from the final batch of Clones but they were phased out by the time of Fallen Order.

I think the Purge Troopers in Kenobi - like the other Inquisitors who didn’t fight - suffered from the writers wanting to save Obi-Wan’s Force power reawakening moment for the final Vader duel.

Which is understandable, but it would’ve been good to have a scene where they raid a Jedi gathering like in the Purge comic to show what they can all do.

View attachment 586292
What's ridiculous about this Kenobi "Purge Trooper" is that he's only equipped with a blaster, and not one of those staves to at least fight against a Jedi with a lightsaber, cause that is what they are "purging" right......

Then again I guess they didn't really do any fighting, so a Deathtrooper blaster will suffice......insert "roll eyes" emoji. I guess could potentially make or find a 1/6 staff. I think the HT Imperial Guard had them right.

Back