Hot Toys x Obi-Wan Kenobi - "Purge Trooper" - 1/6 Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got excited for a second when I saw this thread because of the Scout Trooper Commander announcement thinking it'd be the Jedi series version.

The OWK version is still cool. Just not as cool. And I'm still worried about that pleather looking kama.

I got the charging notice from sideshow for 5/3...I wasn't anticipating this charge this early 😂

Quick turnaround, they seem to be getting these troopers done in 10-11 months. They should be able to pump these guys out anyway.

Poor Wandavision collectors are waiting are on like Year 2 of waiting for their Wanda figure.

I have some too, packed away in storage. I gave TFA all benefit of the doubt. I really did want to like Disney Star Wars, but unfortunately we all were bamboozled by Kennedy and the other nimrods. It's probably time to give up hope that values will increase and just sell all my TFA figures at whatever crazy loss I have to take just to rid myself of them.
I feel the same way and got rid of TFA stuff awhile back.

342DF997-76CF-4AFA-A196-E14CE4A1AEF4.jpeg
B00B29F7-D77D-4847-BBF0-0BD94482AE10.jpeg
550C17BF-3EDC-49BD-B90F-95BCE64FB4B2.jpeg
6A34381B-FCA2-474F-92DA-455E161A2A1D.jpeg
B8119EE7-8EB7-4D58-A69B-44290ABF451C.jpeg
4C4E3E77-F33A-4598-9121-2B4ADA0AA04D.jpeg
D03D64B7-F21B-4675-A2D5-750F3E165E5C.jpeg
40F779ED-3545-45D8-AFD9-C3DCA398AE54.jpeg
C546A6F9-1E0F-4C5E-BA3E-06A543E6880D.jpeg

Anyone else that’s a big trooper collector not really feeling it?

I liked the design for the show, but then they didn’t do anything at all. And now looking at it again, the design looks a lot busier.

The chin and mandibles look even more exaggerated on the figure, giving off some Stan Smith/Joe Swanson vibes in the blogger photos.

I don’t know. Honestly if they announced the Jedi Fallen Order/Survivor Airborne Clone armor based Purge Trooper, I would probably skip these.

I liked the design for the show, but then they didn’t do anything at all. And now looking at it again, the design looks a lot busier.

The chin and mandibles look even more exaggerated on the figure, giving off some Stan Smith/Joe Swanson vibes in the blogger photos.

I don’t know. Honestly if they announced the Jedi Fallen Order/Survivor Airborne Clone armor based Purge Trooper, I would probably skip these.
These Purge Troopers were lame as ****. The ones in Fallen Order/Survivor actually pose a threat and are badass.

Also Jedi Survivor takes place at the same time as Kenobi, yet in Survivor they still have the Airborne outfits. Make it make sense.

Hmmm. I have this on order but I’m not feeling it. It looks like a cartoon character.
Maybe it will look better in hand. I felt the same way amount the Dark Trooper but it was amazing when it arrived.

Huge trooper collector here and this is a pass for me, I don’t like it. The helmet looks cartoonish to me. Fallen Order/ survivor purge trooper would have been so much better.

Blogger photos can’t be trusted but I do see what you mean @MyenShi maybe the mouth looks too big? Camera distortion! 🤷🏾‍♂️

Mainly down the the helmet design and the translation to figure form I think. Just made it look even more cartoony as others have said.

The helmet does suffer from a bit of over design. Very busy. As a replica collector I usually see at least some demand for new trooper helmets. But this is one I didn’t really see much demand for at all come to think of it.

Back