Hot Toys World of Tim Burton collection figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
onee3qn.jpg

Hot Toys takes a step beyond as we proudly collaborate with Tim Burton for an art piece fans and collectors worldwide would surely love to get their hands on!

Conceived in the '80s in a drawing by Burton, this mysterious character has yet to appear in any of his films. Today, it is brought to life as a limited edition collectible by Hot Toys in tribute to the legendary filmmaker.

Stay with us as we are going to unveil this precious work of art very soon!

Not buying this - unless its played by Johnny Depp.

Kidding aside, I knew this drawing before. Its a weird choice, however a nice one. Especially Burton fans will enjoy this. This is nothing Hot Toys MMS related but more or less HT taking on some special art. Why not. :)

Damn, I just thought they would go through his films (again) and give us all those wonderful creations. It's cool they're doing this, great initiative, but I have no interest

Tim Burton is doing this artist collaboration thing with multiple toy companies so they can't choose a movie character that's owned by a movie studio, it has to be a characters from his sketch book basically.

Can we just get a ****ing Hot Toys Catwoman and Penguin already please? I mean damn.

You_Doodle_2016-10-28T11_39_07Z.jpg
IMG_3972.JPG

It'd be more in their line to make a museum Joker/Jack Napier two pack, Penguin and Catwoman, then move on to the Schumacher films than this bollocks.

I want a 1/6 scale Nicholas Cage as Superman from the defunct Burton Superman Lives movie.

Can we just get a ****ing Hot Toys Catwoman and Penguin already please? I mean damn.

View attachment 300750

If they're interested enough in Tim Burton to make whatever the hell this is going to be then why the ever-living **** is there no Penguin and Catwoman for the Batman Returns line??!! That film is as Burton as it gets. Penguin and Catwoman would serve the Batman fanbase AND the Tim Burton fanbase they're aiming this obscurity at.

Yeah, it makes no ****ing sense.

The film versions of Penguin and Catwoman are basically his characters. He saw what Penguin and Catwoman were in the comics and tv show and converted them to fit his own grotesque spin on them. The first 40 seconds of this say it all really,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-E7gx4tNBI

They both have those same Burton motifs and obviously that whole black and white aesthetic.

Beetlejuice would be another one that's a no brainer, especially after Sideshow dropped the ball on him. Classic too.

Max Shreck would probably sell better than a figure of some random drawing Tim Burton did. This company is just bizarre.

Back