1/6 Hot Toys Wolf Predator 2.0

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On 2nd thought thank you for the pic seeing that pic of the predator body helps me realize just how slim he was compared to all other predators so the legs are probably about the right size. Maybe still trying to decide whether to use the old sculpt or complete new sculpt.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

They will not use the old head sculpt. They haven't used old sculpts on any of the 2.0 Predators that they have made,
and they won't start with this one.

They will not use the old head sculpt. They haven't used old sculpts on any of the 2.0 Predators that they have made,
and they won't start with this one.

Ok I pray not cause that would really suck I've seen videos where ppl have explained some of their lazy decisions HTs' made to save time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Didn't they handle the mask/unmask by just having the mandibles detachable? At least they did with the Scar from what I remember. If anything we'll see two sets of mandibles. One for the a neutral closed set and one that's roaring.

It does look like the sculpt is under the mask.

20139791_1414618198618278_5919333545301066753_n.jpg

Didn't they handle the mask/unmask by just having the mandibles detachable? At least they did with the Scar from what I remember. If anything we'll see two sets of mandibles. One for the a neutral closed set and one that's roaring.

Both original Wolf's had this method however I'm not a fan of the two sets of mandibles. The seam is too obvious and you lose some of the accuracy.

I'm not even a big Wolf fan, but this looks so good I just might grab it to tide me over until the next Predator release.

Hope the cannons are detachable so he can use them as pistols a la the Narin kit.

Both original Wolf's had this method however I'm not a fan of the two sets of mandibles. The seam is too obvious and you lose some of the accuracy.
Yeah I remember people complaining about that. I just don't see them actually going through the effort of giving an additional sculpt with the mandibles as one piece.

The more I look at this, the more I think my only gripe is its torso's length. Needs to be a bit longer, preferably with slightly narrower shoulders. I'll buy it either way, but if they address it this will be a strong addition to HT's Predator line-up.

hTX6yZY.jpg

That and you cant have him hold his mask because of the fake Mandible piece glued in there for the attachment

Thought we would have seen a 1/4 Wolf from NECA by now. The sculpts on their original Wolf's were good - and they were released almost 10 years ago.

I feel ya my friend! Here's hoping that NECA finally parted with the original really great 1/4 scale sculpts. They've squeezed out the last dime with LED re-releases and Jungle Demon. Now sitting on the porch waiting for something great and new for NECA 1/4 Pred line.
Back to HT Wolf it does look promising indeed. Unmasked portrait will be a key factor for this figure in my opinion...

I feel ya my friend! Here's hoping that NECA finally parted with the original really great 1/4 scale sculpts. They've squeezed out the last dime with LED re-releases and Jungle Demon. Now sitting on the porch waiting for something great and new for NECA 1/4 Pred line.
Back to HT Wolf it does look promising indeed. Unmasked portrait will be a key factor for this figure in my opinion...

Here's hoping to both.

Thanks for putting up the video link om1d, looks awesome so far, can't wait to see what else he comes with and put him with the others!

Might be worth keeping the old figure's head if Tsang is gonna sculpt the 2.0's face as "idealized" (totally wrong) as he did the AVP Elder, AVP Scar, P2 City Hunter, etc.

I notice the codpiece armor looks very straight edge-sculpted and clean with neat edges, when the movie pic shown looks more dumpy like the original figure's armor. The bone trophy necklace is also bloody red in the movie photo, like the original figure.

Where is his chair?

Back