Hot Toys TTM 20-22 TrueType Basic Series discussion & what to use them for?.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are these shipping from Sideshow yet? It's still listed as preorder but the newsletter a couple weeks ago said they were shipping then.

Been wanting to pick up a few but unwilling to wait for Sideshow.

I got my Arnold body a little while ago. It's nice but the shoulder joints feel cheep and toyish. Also one of my legs popped out at the knee but I just popped it back in and it was fine.

Re: Hot Toys TTM 20-22 TrueType Basic Series

Yes.
None. As far as i'm aware
I think only the skin tone paint effect is slightly different based on reviews i have seen.

Arm articulation is improved. The elbow is a double joint. Forearm can be pulled up tighter than 90degrees now.

DX10 T2 T-800 head fits right on (same body), you just need to pull the neck peg that comes with the body out. Every joint is pretty good, but with the long ankle pegs with short boots just makes it take a little more work to get him to stand; without the stand.

As for clothes, that's a challenge, if clothes would look baggy on a regular TT figure to you, they may fit (though still a little tight), if they long like a good fit on a regular TT then they're probably going to be too tight.

This is going to be my carry away Arnold that I don’t have to worry about buckles, snaps, leather cracking, small parts, or accessories breaking on.

As for weapons, I’ve got all the Dragon Model machine guns, shotguns, and hands guns I could want. I am thinking of dog tags, watch and a coat (if I can find one to fit) for him.

He want be from anyone one movie, but he’ll be what I consider my all purpose.

Good review.
One word about casting the dx10 head. You'll have to be very careful the sillicone doesn't get behind the eyes.
I saw your neck mod vid. Is there any way to remove the PERS eyes altogether for the moulding?

I am sorry if this is off topic , but I didnt want to create a post just to ask this question, plus you guys seemed real educated in this department. Is there a place to buy decent 1/6 nude bodies to make kit bashed figures, that come with the neck pegs, theigh attachments etc. These true type are amazing , but I just want to use my Tony Stark, Two face and Bruce Wayne heads to put them in street clothes, suits etc.

I am sorry if this is off topic , but I didnt want to create a post just to ask this question, plus you guys seemed real educated in this department. Is there a place to buy decent 1/6 nude bodies to make kit bashed figures, that come with the neck pegs, theigh attachments etc. These true type are amazing , but I just want to use my Tony Stark, Two face and Bruce Wayne heads to put them in street clothes, suits etc.

There are loads on Ebay.
Search for 1/6 hot custom body -head

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_od...l1313&_nkw=1/6+hot+custom+body+-head&_sacat=0

How do you think this body will work using the extra head that comes with the mms136 (t1) ??

Good review.
One word about casting the dx10 head. You'll have to be very careful the sillicone doesn't get behind the eyes.
I saw your neck mod vid. Is there any way to remove the PERS eyes altogether for the moulding?

Thanks man . Yeah i know buddy , thanks for the info :hi5:

I'm sure you could remove the PERS , but i haven't tried it , i probably wouldn't try either , i don't wanna damage anything.

:lol Good video Mike. As far as the heads go that's an easy one bro. They're charging us the same price and giving us less. Nothing more to it

Thanks buddy :lol Yup , its the economy:gah:
baahahahahaha

Fantastic review Ecko... Your impressions are tight!! :lol

So this is from monkey depot?

Safe to assume SSC has these in stock... I tried ordering 4 but yeah Sideshow wanted $75 as an estimate in shipping... :panic:

Thanks buddy :hi5: Wow that's pricey , damn Sideshow :gah:

How do you think this body will work using the extra head that comes with the mms136 (t1) ??

Yes it does , a perfect fit

ahhhnuldoverload001.jpg

ahhhnuldoverload002.jpg

ahhhnuldoverload003.jpg

ahhhnuldoverload006.jpg

ahhhnuldoverload007.jpg

ahhhnuldoverload008.jpg

Cool review, EcKo. Now when you say the heads pop on perfect do you mean they stay fastened to the body? Or are they just placed ontop the neck? Thanks.

Thanks for the review EcKo. I've got one of these bodies coming in the mail and I am psyched! Even more excited now.

Here's my quick review of the TTM20 body :wave

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_HPhCqygt4

Good review, buddy. And entertaining as always :)

I just got one TTM20 last night to be used primarily as a pose dummy for work. I find it very nice and well-articulated, but how's your TTM20's upper torso? The seam on mine, just under the right arm, wasn't glued well it was starting to rip apart from the armpit. I had it fixed with a superglue.

I have no spare HT head at the moment. Was surprised to find out that the extra HS from SSC's Lt. Falcon fits in w/o a problem but being a little undersized.

Back