Hot Toys - TMS051/2 - Mandalorian and Grogu (Season 2)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I stick with sideshow because of the replacement/return ease, the reward points, and I love that they offer double boxing as well. The shipping actually seems to be cheaper (than usual SS) as well recently for some reason. Even with the double box option. I live in NJ so it’s coming across the country and the shipping was $20+ typically. The new Kylo and Rey double boxed were $16. I’ve ordered from BBTS before, but I’ve seen no benefit for me personally. Comes down to preferences I guess.
I am not knocking anyone for ordering from Sideshow. There are advantages to doing so, but also some cons. They’re fine, but as the distributor, they should be better.

Most of the well regarded authorized Hot Toys retailers double box at no additional charge and without asking.

Some of them offer perks like reward points or discounted or free shipping at a certain purchase amount. They tend to have as good or better customer service than Sideshow

Most of them will fight harder for you to get replacement parts. I’ve had Timewalker and Secret Compass go to bat for me where Sideshow can on rare occasion can be difficult to work with.

And it may not happen to you, but Sideshow sometimes ships out figures and statues that seem to have been previously opened without the shipper. Their retail partners would never do that.

Screw BBTS and AE they take even longer than SS to ship out no thanks.
That’s on Sideshow though. They determine when their authorized retailers get stock.

So that is an advantage to Sideshow, but one they create.

Also, I lol’d at your title. :lol

Last edited:
also the blacked out stealth Mando (this couldn’t look cool though, looking at Bobas black suit in War of the bounty hunters alpha #1), snow camo Mando (all white like Bobas proto) Mando 20th anniversary Midas style....
Porcelain Mandalorian, Gold Chrome Mandalorian, Copper Chrome Mandalorian, MILK Mandalorian, Vintage Style Mandalorian…

I find myself asking if I’d rather have it or a Blurrg.
tenor.gif

LOL u freaked me out a second - no pun intended. Thought u were saying the head sculpt wouldn't be in the dx. :eek:

Luved that trudging through the desert scene - dunno, just seemed so badass Western totally Mando - happy to toss more money for those accessories. It'd take hours and $$$$ to do a custom.

I've got no problem owning multiple Mandos. Thinking I'll end up with 5 total - 2 original, 1 beskar, 1 headsculpt/chromed, 1 finale version. For me am thinking one head sculpt is enough, unless HT can really improve the head sculpt version to version.

Ya never know. Look what happened to Paul Rudd and Tony Stark debacle.:eek:

Personally I don't feel tricked or anything - HT did the same thing with Winter Soldier and probably IM, more or less - I mean each version is usually better? in some way. But with Mando 1, he's got that gritty look; Mando V2 is a completely packed version, and now he's all nice and shiny. Works for me. Hafta see where the show goes before I buy another - tho am sure the finale armor will be amazing. I need a character like Cara or the Marshall more than anything now, no matter who makes them.

Yeah I've no qualms and am glad they're releasing another rendition of Mando, to give people more options. As some have said, the V1 reflects S1 and the V2 reflects S2, given the accessories. And aforementioned in another thread, I think both versions are representations of how the suit looked in the show, in some scenes it looked chromed out and super shiny, and in other scenes it looked a bit subdued. So yeah I don't mind having both, plus I think I may go for the swoop bike too! But like you say it's some $$$$$ to invest in.

I would presume future versions are to come, given the continuation of the show, so will look forward to them. Though, heck, I bought Mando figures without even watching the show until afterwards! Yeah Cara Dune would be so welcome, she's a bada$$.

Lol, not a problem for some I’m sure. But space is limited so I’m thinking maybe one or the other. Plenty of time to decide.
If space is a consideration, then while both the Blurrg and the Swoop are about 2 feet long (according to Sideshow’s site), the Blurrg has a bigger footprint because it’s a potato on a wide stand.

The Swoop would be easier to put on a shelf, and it can be posed at slight angles to make it fit a display it might not otherwise.

There's so many people justifying on how lucky they are by not having the first two.

I just don't get it :LOL: are you guilt shaming those who own them by not waiting? I mean, I'm already enjoying having a Hot Toys Mandalorian and you're just salty that you don't?

There's so many people justifying on how lucky they are by not having the first two.

I just don't get it :LOL: are you guilt shaming those who own them by not waiting? I mean, I'm already enjoying having a Hot Toys Mandalorian and you're just salty that you don't?
I think people here generally understand buying multiples of one character, but there is definitely a lot of salt elsewhere.

People on social media like to sound clever by ******** on other people to deflect from their own poor decisions or to make up for that empty feeling inside.

I think people here generally understand buying multiples of one character, but there is definitely a lot of salt elsewhere.

People on social media like to sound clever by ******** on other people to deflect from their own poor decisions or to make up for that empty feeling inside.

That's true, I'm on Facebook most of the time to enjoy photos and memes whatnot. And there's so many on there ******** on those who just received their V2.

It's a whole different figure, you don't even get the S1 thigh plate. People are really that dense on social media.

I made a calculated decision to pass on Beskar 1 in the hopes that the next one we got would include a headsculpt. I lost my NRD over it, but overall won my bet with myself. I will enjoy my two Mandos, and no one duped me into anything.

If they make another Mando I cannot live without, I will buy him too. Just like how i am going to own five Fetts, and then who knows what will happen with the new show? Boba Fresh! At the very least, is my guess. I will buy him first day out. Too many of your favorites is still not enough in my book. YMMV

No one fools anyone into anything, you just have to know your focus and follow it. These people on social media do not think stuff through, many of them and then they get salty. Buy or do not buy, there is no try. You answer to no one but yourself as to whats on your shelf.

Back