Hot Toys - TMS050 - The Bad Batch - Clone Force 99: Hunter

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This looks sweet, but I have to tell myself the Hasbro BS team is good enough. :lol

I may just get Echo since he was a regular Clone at one point. And hoping HT does an Arc Trooper version of him since way back when I passed on the SS version. If Echo gets a discount down the road, but I'm not a big enough fan to spend like $1500 on the HT Bad Batch team..

This looks sweet, but I have to tell myself the Hasbro BS team is good enough. :lol

I may just get Echo since he was a regular Clone at one point. And hoping HT does an Arc Trooper version of him since way back when I passed on the SS version. If Echo gets a discount down the road, but I'm not a big enough fan to spend like $1500 on the HT Bad Batch team..
I'm the same. I have Hunter on PO but I'm not sure I'd want to invest in the whole squad.
Hunter can represent the BB and represent clone commandos in general.
It's a lot of money to put down for the entire BB, even though they all have great designs and would look fantastic displayed together.
I enjoy the animated shows to an extent but I'm much more of a live action person. I tend not to get anywhere near as invested in the Star Wars cartoon shows.
Still the Hunter figure looks great and will look cool on the shelf, even if he won't be joined by all his brothers.

I enjoy the animated shows to an extent but I'm much more of a live action person. I tend not to get anywhere near as invested in the Star Wars cartoon shows.

Its not really about being a fan of the animated shows tho. Its about being a fan of the clones themselves. [Some of us just want T. Morrison on our shelves, everywhere and at all times and so far HT is enabling us in just the worst kinda way. :cool:] But seriously, I will watch the new season of TBB but its really not about that. How can you not love these guys? They're so funny and so sweet - most of them, looking at you Cross - and yet each one of them fights as if possessed by twelve different Kandarian demons. They are noble [most!]. They have never been shown kindness, the GAR treats them like they're less than dogs. They are used MOST CRUELLY. If it suits the convenience of the Jedi they serve, they will be stranded/abandoned without a second thought, as if they are trash and not elite soldiers.

And yet they're so worthy of the best of everything. I want all of them on my shelves.

All of you saying you're only going to get Hunter and maybe Echo, I would just start a Clone Force 99 fund right now. Just stick $5 in a jar every time you look at your Hunter or Echo on the shelf and think you're only going to get the one.

Because once photos start showing up with all 5 of them together and how amazing they look, the money is going to fly itself out of your wallet.

It's a lot of money to put down for the entire BB

It is, but it's also over time. Hunter and Echo now, Crosshair in early 2024, and Tech and Wrecker even further out. It'll be pretty spread out.

And I don't want to say "it's just buying 5 figures" but most of us here do that with (somewhat alarming) regularity anyway. It only seems like a lot if you do the math. But it's not like you look at your shelves and constantly do the math, right? Unless you don't need to sleep at night.

Bring on the rest of the team

With Season 2, hopefully. Then we can have the full TCW S7/TBB S1 set in hand by like the end of 2024, probably in time for TBB Season 3.

"I'm just gonna buy two. Yeah, that's the ticket. Just two."

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight

I dont even want to think about how much money I have dropped on the Mando series. [But not as much as many here, admittedly.] We're all addicts sitting around enabling each other. And you're gonna buy more than two of these guys: this is the Way.

brothers.jpg

Its not really about being a fan of the animated shows tho. Its about being a fan of the clones themselves....

Reminds me of Karen Traviss's perspective on the clones and some of the darker side of how the clones were used. Men created to fight and die in war. Arguably a form of slavery. And what does it say about the Jedi that they're willing to lead these men.
Some interesting subject matter around the clones that I don't think has been explored too deeply. Admittedly I haven't watched all of TCW so maybe it has.
I do like the members of BB themselves, they are likable. The show itself was a mixed bag for me. A handful of decent episodes, quite a lot of meh.

All of you saying you're only going to get Hunter and maybe Echo, I would just start a Clone Force 99 fund right now. Just stick $5 in a jar every time you look at your Hunter or Echo on the shelf and think you're only going to get the one.

Because once photos start showing up with all 5 of them together and how amazing they look, the money is going to fly itself out of your wallet.

It is, but it's also over time. Hunter and Echo now, Crosshair in early 2024, and Tech and Wrecker even further out. It'll be pretty spread out.

And I don't want to say "it's just buying 5 figures" but most of us here do that with (somewhat alarming) regularity anyway. It only seems like a lot if you do the math. But it's not like you look at your shelves and constantly do the math, right? Unless you don't need to sleep at night.

With Season 2, hopefully. Then we can have the full TCW S7/TBB S1 set in hand by like the end of 2024, probably in time for TBB Season 3.

Hey you, stop enabling me 😅
You keep making good points like that, my resistance will crumble.

The Jedi did not make the order for them. And in fact, in TCW S1 Yoda treated them as individuals.

The Jedi did not make the order for them. And in fact, in TCW S1 Yoda treated them as individuals.
They didn't order them, but they did lead them. Yes Yoda treated them as individuals, but he knew they were cloned to fight and die, he knew they had accelerated aging and shortened lifespans.
They were desperate, the Jedi, and all and the PT was showing the failings of the Jedi, how they contributed to their downfall, but it's still extremely questionable ethically to use an army, created in a lab, that Yoda can feel as individuals in the Force, implying they truly are real, feeling men, used in such a way.
The Jedi couldn't know what would happen to the clones after the war. Didn't know about the chips and how they would be discarded after the war, tools who have been discarded, their usefulness done.
But.... I still think it's highly questionable using and leading this army, even with the info they had at the start of the war.
Men created in a lab, clones, bred and programmed for war, given accelerated aging and a very limited life expectancy. Men who didn't choose to be soldiers. Men who aren't truly free. They can't leave the army. That would be desertion.
Sure in the real world, desertion is a crime but in our world, soldiers chose to be soldiers. The clones had no choice. They were created to know nothing else.
The Kaminoans considered them property and still did, right up to the end.
Once sold to the Republic, were they truly free or were they considered now the property of the Republic?
Men were sold to the Republic to die in war and the Jedi led them in that war making them complicit in the selling of human beings.
As I say, very dodgy ethically.
I wonder what Qui-Gon would have thought about it all if he'd survived TPM.
"I cannot fight a war for you"
I suspect he'd have left the Jedi order. Quite possibly found the use of clones repugnant. Arguably the best Jedi of that era in some ways.

Yes, ethically they should be offered choice by the republic. As you know, Jedi simply obey the republic.
Indeed. The Republic were worst (to what extent we can blame Palpatine; but I think he just took advantage of the corruption at the heart of the Republic rather than being the absolute cause of it) and the Jedi were complicit in it all.
Though the CIS were infected with greed and corruption at the leadership level, I do wonder, who really were the "good guys and bad guys" in the clone wars.
I suspect the answer is, no one. They were all shades of grey.
Though I do find myself agreeing with the CIS, that the Republic was corrupt and probably deserved to fall.
Anyway, I don't want to derail the thread for this excellent figure any further.

Nice. It was dirty pool that Hasbro didn’t give you and extra set of glasses or an extra HS for tech when his helmet is off. 🙄

Mine should be here Wednesday and patiently wait for them to put up Wrecker and Tech

I'm the same. I have Hunter on PO but I'm not sure I'd want to invest in the whole squad.
Hunter can represent the BB and represent clone commandos in general.
It's a lot of money to put down for the entire BB, even though they all have great designs and would look fantastic displayed together.
Still the Hunter figure looks great and will look cool on the shelf, even if he won't be joined by all his brothers.

I honestly think you could pick up any one of the original 5 members and have that one figure represent the squad, even without Wrecker and Tech being available for order, they all have such unique armor designs and will stand out on the shelf anyway. But if you get one..you might want another one...and then another one after that.

Mine should be here Wednesday and patiently wait for them to put up Wrecker and Tech

I honestly think you could pick up any one of the original 5 members and have that one figure represent the squad, even without Wrecker and Tech being available for order, they all have such unique armor designs and will stand out on the shelf anyway. But if you get one..you might want another one...and then another one after that.
I've been very tempted to put in an order for Crosshair. If I do that though, I might as well get the others...

Back