Hot Toys - TMS033 & TMS034 - The Mandalorian: Boba Fett (Regular and Deluxe versions)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - TMS033 & TMS034 - The Mandalorian: Boba Fett (Regular and Deluxe versi

It works. I used mine on it

Re: Hot Toys - TMS033 & TMS034 - The Mandalorian: Boba Fett (Regular and Deluxe versi

After preordering this set I really need to re-evaluate my 2022 preorders! Suddenly all the troopers don?t seem as exciting or vital to the collection. Likewise don?t think I need a Tusken raider anymore since Nomad Fett has a gaffi stick and robes.

Yeah, I feel the same. I was going to pre-order a Trooper or two (Shore, Tank, Transport), but I probably will pass now aside from Rex and maybe a 501st Trooper. Still think I want a Tusken Raider though.

Wound up pre-ordering with Alter Ego. After I ordered there are two left.

Yeah, this figure really sets things back into perspective. This set is Hot Toys being true to its brand of impeccable 1/6 clothing and sculpts.

If anything Hot Toys should have tried years ago to establish a physical presence in the US and start their own distribution. Not sure how much their deal with sideshow would have hindered progress in that direction, but there's certainly enough demand in the US to warrant it.

Back in c2010 SS already had an established presence and reputation within the collector community in NA, so it was more cost efficient for HT to just get them to do all the distribution and marketing.

Besides, if you've ever tried e-mailing or messaging HT directly for anything, you'd much rather prefer to have SS do all the customer facing. Asian-style CS won't survive in NA. :lol

It's such a shame that Sideshow keeps such a stranglehold on inventory. Why can't they just let retailers order as many as they can, to let anybody who wants one, get one? Nope, they have to have it all themselves.

Jeez, imagine if you could get a new videogame for $60 from Target or Wal-Mart only for the first hour and then after that you had to order direct from Sony for $75 plus an inflated shipping cost.

I just can't understand anyone ordering from Sideshow at this point. What a greedy, abusive company.

I'd say SS is doing and paying for 95% of the product pushing in NA. Other retailers are just piggybacking on that, so only makes sense for SS to try to get most of the pie.

I don't suppose anyone has had the opportunity to check on whether Sideshow's $25 reward email codes work on the Boba 2-pack, or if it's excluded like Heavy Infantry Mando, by any chance?

It does , I used the one I got from Mando and Child towards the Boba 2 pack.

One inaccuracy I've noticed is that, like the RoTJ figure, the helmet seems a little too long, and the eyeline of the visor isn't wide enough towards the center. boba-fett-main_75a5545c.jpeg

Granted, it's the prototype so hopefully it's fixed in the production version.

One inaccuracy I've noticed is that, like the RoTJ figure, the helmet seems a little too long, and the eyeline of the visor isn't wide enough towards the center. View attachment 506642

We can ***** to them and maybe they will listen.

This release is like a roller coaster. It looks absolutely unbelievable and may turn out to be one of the best hot toys releases. However, do I really need a $500 set that was basically only in one episode? When we know the repaint with throne is on the way too?

Somebody call my hot toys anonymous sponsor, I may fall off the wagon...

You are in the wrong place to be talked back on the wagon!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is this the greatest deluxe set? I was pretty hyped for the ANH Han and Chewie but this set tops it

One inaccuracy I've noticed is that, like the RoTJ figure, the helmet seems a little too long, and the eyeline of the visor isn't wide enough towards the center. View attachment 506642

That?s the first thing I noticed with the helmet, it?s way too long but sadly I doubt HT will fix it unless a lot of people mention it on their social media accounts and even then I doubt it. Clearly based on orders people are buying regardless. Unless in the figures description where it says ?newly built? helmet and they haven?t even shown us the new one yet.

One inaccuracy I've noticed is that, like the RoTJ figure, the helmet seems a little too long, and the eyeline of the visor isn't wide enough towards the center.

Yeah I instantly noticed that and it's been a probably with all their Fett T-visors IMO. Hopefully they tweak it but I won't hold my breath.

Is this the greatest deluxe set? I was pretty hyped for the ANH Han and Chewie but this set tops it

It's an amazing release and the greatest for Boba fans. Han and Chewie are my favorite characters so nothing will top that set for me.

Another thing I've grown to love about the bald monk look is that it definitely answers "but how good is he without his guns and armor?"

And what was awesome about him kicking so much ass with just the robe and gaffi is that when he finally gets his armor back you can't help but think "oh now they are REALLY screwed," lol.

Last edited:

My one and only two pack was the Robocop Battle Damaged with Murphy and that was stellar. I think the fact it had two very different but amazing head sculpts and all that damage on the Robocop figure made it an amazing set.

But this is also such a great package. All the accessories and tons of display options. And I love diorama bases and we get two!! Mannnnn!!! Cannot wait.

I?ve just noticed that on the repainted version he?s got the correct ROTJ knee pads. I guess he had a few laying around inside Slave I since he got his left knee pad back too lol
aa7f09722e79a879ffeabfd760b4c802.jpg

Well that does it! I have no need for clean repainted armor Fett. This 2 pack proves the acid weathered armor and worn look will be superior in HT. I mean compare all that detail and texture vs the clean look which is mostly a sea of black with vibrant almost polished armor pieces. Originally I was preferring the repainted look and planned to skip the weathered one but the 2 pack proves which will be more striking in the collection.

Freshly painted Fett has that cosplay vibe. He should never be freshly painted.

Also, is he wearing his knee pads as boot toppers now? Plus, baggy poo pants with draping wipe-cloth. Old men are funny.

Well that does it! I have no need for clean repainted armor Fett. This 2 pack proves the acid weathered armor and worn look will be superior in HT. I mean compare all that detail and texture vs the clean look which is mostly a sea of black with vibrant almost polished armor pieces. Originally I was preferring the repainted look and planned to skip the weathered one but the 2 pack proves which will be more striking in the collection.

I was thinking the exact same thing. The clean version will come eventually but it is a lot like the hasbro original toy colour ESB Boba Fett where it looks too clean and maybe loses some detail/realism. I do not know.

But this version will be super detailed. It looks amazing.

Thanks very much to those who confirmed the email codes work for these -- hopefully that'll still be the case when my next anticipated one shows up late next month.

I'm still wondering how Boba's freshly repainted armor got so chipped already. There are flecks of silver everywhere. Guy was not using good paints.

Freshly painted Fett has that cosplay vibe. He should never be freshly painted.

Also, is he wearing his knee pads as boot toppers now? Plus, baggy poo pants with draping wipe-cloth. Old men are funny.

Camouflage for the adult diapers he's been wearing ever since Koska Reeves turned him into a human flapjack. :chase

Yeah I think I've seen enough clean armor customs by now to know that I prefer the more weathered look. Although it didn't look so bad in the bar scene, and it may grow on me a lot more by the time Book of Boba comes along...

07mandalorian-WD-03-mobile-Master-At3x.jpg

Curious whats the benefits of skirts? If you watch the Watchman Series main character also wears them. Doesn't it get in the way when your fighting?

Personally my Boba Fett is the OT. I picked him up placed in a bottle and put a cap in it. That's what my mind eyes want to see when someone says "Boba Fett". I don't mind the Mandalorian version but its just that..........Mandalorian version

Back