Hot Toys - TMS033 & TMS034 - The Mandalorian: Boba Fett (Regular and Deluxe versions)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - TMS033 & TMS034 - The Mandalorian: Boba Fett (Regular and Deluxe versi

Getting back to his knee pads I see that Cobb Vanth did have an ROTJ accurate getup.

the_mandalorian_cobb_vanth_marshal_png_by_metropolis_hero1125_de86tgo-fullview.png

So it looks like for the Favreau directed episode he stayed true to the previous look of Fett's armor and then maybe Rodriguez got carried away with adding another "cool" moment that required rockets on either side, lol. Works for me. :D

If I really wanted to force an in-universe explanation I'd say that Fett had the double rocket pads stashed on Slave I and was just already wearing them under his monk robes when he finally donned the rest of his armor.

On another note HT has *got* to release Cobb Vanth so that I can display him exactly as he's pictured above. :rock

Re: Hot Toys - TMS033 & TMS034 - The Mandalorian: Boba Fett (Regular and Deluxe versi

I also initially wasn?t into the Nomad Boba. But he is my favourite character, the set looks amazing and it is a really distinct look from his ESB/ROTJ look. I think I can grow to like it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think Khev and many of you hit it on the head: regardless of the amount of screen time, the scenes with these looks were not only memorable but iconic.

We all know that screen time is irrelevant especially within the Star Wars universe. Cool designs and/or cool scenes are what's important to us, as fans. (Momaw Nadon, as an example.)

I'll be getting the repainted Boba Fett version as well. (on throne, of course!)...

I like the figures a lot, which is why I pre-ordered, but I feel like an episode of a show is pretty small in the grand scheme of things. It even feels less than the film appearances, which were shorter than the episode.

I totally understand will agree a blockbuster movie just has as much gravitas. As epic as SW/Marvel shoes are/will be, nothing beats the hype of a big screen movie.

I did not care for Boba at all until the show. The movies did not leave a great impression... he's mostly just standing around Vader and then there's the punk ass way he "dies".

I don't think you can go wrong with this set. Once it sells out there is no way it's ever selling below retail on the secondary market. An easy profit if you decide not to keep it long term.

That's why I wasn't going to get this one but wait for the repainted version.

That's why I think I'm changing my mind. :lol

The short lived ratty armour represents the return of the legend, while the nomad look represents his five years in the desert.

The Book of Boba Fett may revisit the nomad garb in flashbacks.

As someone completely neutral about Boba - was never into the character or armor - that's more or less why I picked the set up (besides liking the way the meeting with Din D'jarin was handled; and the costumes - including the acid bath look).

It's a Significant Film Moment, kind of like the TWS knife fight (tho *&^%$ HT never even included the TWS Gerber knife, the %$#@:mad:).

If I were really into Boba, but could have only one, this wouldn't be the set I'd choose. I'd pick something more classic, tho not sure what Boba's most classic variant is (ESB?). Or maybe wait for the Mando Boba V2.

TBH too, so far my Mando shelf has 3 helmeted heads (Mando) and will have IG, so far. I'd like to break that up with an actual portrait in there. Who knows how long HT will take for a Pascal sculpt.:monkey2

(And just sayin' sometimes I get all happy about a small accessory, like Doctor Strange V1 book. This release has the little chain code; I dunno, I just liked the bit where Boba is explaining his claim to the armor.)

I totally understand will agree a blockbuster movie just has as much gravitas. As epic as SW/Marvel shoes are/will be, nothing beats the hype of a big screen movie.

Not sure how much I agree with that any more, given the advances in home theater systems. For sure I can't match a top level IMAX and the sound system. There's something to be said for being part of a good audience. But d@mn some of the picture quality you can get at home now; and sound.

And the MCU is opening the door for TV/movie crossovers. And pouring a lot of money into its series - Falcon/WS had a huge budget. (Also you can get coconut oil and Flavacol online, so u can get that same greasy oversalted theater popcorn taste at home too:monkey3).

Hear hear, plus the bald monk look will forever be representative of his first ever on-screen kills.

Plus... its the first time we officially see Boba Fett's true face since he's become Boba Fett in a live-action story.

Unmasking our 40 year mystery man has to count for something. 1980 - 2020

Hear hear, plus the bald monk look will forever be representative of his first ever on-screen kills.

All good enough reasons. Just pre-ordered. :)

I don't suppose anyone has had the opportunity to check on whether Sideshow's $25 reward email codes work on the Boba 2-pack, or if it's excluded like Heavy Infantry Mando, by any chance?

This is seriously all kinds of bull$@#t that this has either already sold out or waitlisted at pretty much every retailer considering it JUST went up for PO -- like WTF? (Is this seriously because the @$$holes at Sideshow are realizing that folks are tired of getting screwed over by their crap business practices that they are short-changing every other NA retailer out there...)

This is seriously all kinds of bull$@#t that this has either already sold out or waitlisted at pretty much every retailer considering it JUST went up for PO -- like WTF? (Is this seriously because the @$$holes at Sideshow are realizing that folks are tired of getting screwed over by their crap business practices that they are short-changing every other NA retailer out there...)

Honestly, I think this is just a special figure. I can’t even remember the last time I’ve seen this many people actually PO a figure so early. It hasn’t happened in recent memory.

With that said, I don’t think this’ll be very difficult to track down when it’s released. This Boba figure just has the perfect storm going for it right now.

:lol :lol

I don't know that I can think of a more awesome collision of worlds than Michael Biehn in Star Wars, lol.

Hicks 2.0 is at the top of my Hot Toys wish-list.

Folks today just don’t know the struggle of tying up 1/6 boot laces and other random straps and clips. My fingers are still vibrating from the memory of doing them.

So I was on the fence about this but 100 percent in for it. Again, I just like the package and even though I have ESB Boba (on SS Body), PrePro, Mando OG, 1/4 ROTJ Boba as well as Jango and Mando DLX on the way...I just like what I like. It will tell a good story having the Mandos out.

I like using the effects as much as possible
So I?ll go all out with the set effects (rocket blast, knee rockets, FlameThrower), have old Boba and probably put the Jango head on one of my two ESB armour Bobas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't suppose anyone has had the opportunity to check on whether Sideshow's $25 reward email codes work on the Boba 2-pack, or if it's excluded like Heavy Infantry Mando, by any chance?

Just checked, it is not on the list. There are other Mando figures that are included though (Moff, all the troopers, IG-11, Death Watch).

Back