1/6 Hot Toys TMS - 1/6 The Mandalorian and The Child + Swoop Bike Set - Season 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah I don't get the blurrg nor Kuill hype. I like my figures to be heroic warriors. Kuill is just an old, supporting character to me. Seeing Mando and Cobb flying together on screen was awesome and easily the best episode of the series.

I just know the Kuiil character really spoke to me - heroic in his way. Full of courage, dignity and wisdom. Really nice writing and delivery from the stand-in actress and from Nick Nolte.

Agree about Mando and Cobb tho I'd have to think of what I think of the best episode. For me, Mando taking the Child back was awesome. I cheered when he slammed that gear stick back after thinking a bit. And when he shot the interrogation droid (didn't know I needed that, been waiting since the OT I guess, since Leia:vader).

Luved Season 1. Some of Season 2. Will see about Season 3.:dunno

For sure my wallet doesn't need any more pain:lol

I understand the like for the character, just for my collection with expensive figures, he is not on my list. Hell, I have more than I should and I need to cut it off somewhere. Plenty of people can buy him, but SW has too many well known background aliens/supporting characters for me personally to go after. I'm sure many focus on SW compared to my diversification of SW, DC and Marvel.

I find it odd that they'd release a Mando+Vehicle pack right after a Mando+Blurrg. I really no accessories are 'locked' in the speeder set if it does come out.

Not sure I need the bike so if there's no sculpt with this Mando I'll skip and wait for season 3.

Already have the Speeder bike coming and the Blurrg is much more unique.

Kinda strange to be looking at this when I've not yet received S1 Mando Deluxe. Lol:slap

All this is awesome though! With each new reveal, I'm pleasantly surprised, and not surprised by others (Mando swoop). Overwhelming comes to mind when I look at the amount of po's in the 1st and 2nd Q alone. I feel the timeline for some of these releases are pushing it, and wish that things were spaced out a bit more. Is what it is. Hoping to keep this whole thing enjoyable. :wink1:

Kinda strange to be looking at this when I've not yet received S1 Mando Deluxe. Lol:slap

All this is awesome though! With each new reveal, I'm pleasantly surprised, and not surprised by others (Mando swoop). Overwhelming comes to mind when I look at the amount of po's in the 1st and 2nd Q alone. I feel the timeline for some of these releases are pushing it, and wish that things were spaced out a bit more. Is what it is. Hoping to keep this whole thing enjoyable. :wink1:

Well the ripple of delays - which IMO for shipping alone, ain't gonna be over soon. Then I read somewhere that in the fashion industry, they start shipping their holiday stuff in July. So there's more competition for container ships etc.

So I'm not gonna leap in to PO like I used to. Maybe buy a gift card, make a PO (to knock the eventual monthly payment down), wait, make another PO...SSC didn't help either with their RP changes. I don't like huge POs stacking up $$$$$ every month; and huge shipment delays. I forget what I even ordered and then SSC sends a reminder....:horror

For Mando really, u could just get the Beskar DX and call it a day. I'm not; but if u just wanted to represent.

I'm still suspect this one will see the light of day. The Scout speeder has reuse potential, this does not.

I think it's more they need something to sell a S2 Mando. Headsculpt they'll leave for S3 when he presumably will be taking his helmet off a lot more. (I'm betting he decides not to be a cult member any more).

I will totally get this if there's a Din Djarin head sculpt.

I think it's more they need something to sell a S2 Mando. Headsculpt they'll leave for S3 when he presumably will be taking his helmet off a lot more. (I'm betting he decides not to be a cult member any more).
I think your reasoning for a S3 fig is spot on.

I'm still suspect on a bike from a technical perspective, it seems more cost prohibative to tool up that entire bike worth of parts just to sell a figure that they essentially have all their molds for. Like you'd come out on top selling less V2 versions using existing molds than going through all that hassle...I'd think.

The biggest miss was not making that Grogu pack a parts set for Mando. Shoulda had the knee pad, thigh armor, and Beskar spear (need the dark saber to stay with Gideon to sway you to buy him). For that price I would have been more than willing to get that set. As is, it's a no.

The biggest miss was not making that Grogu pack a parts set for Mando. Shoulda had the knee pad, thigh armor, and Beskar spear (need the dark saber to stay with Gideon to sway you to buy him). For that price I would have been more than willing to get that set. As is, it's a no.
But then Hot Toys would undercut their own $315 Season 2 Din Djarin with unmasked headsculpt :p

Isn't there going to be a time jump before season 3?

I want a season 2 sculpt to recreate the scene with Luke and Grogu in my display.

I just know the Kuiil character really spoke to me - heroic in his way. Full of courage, dignity and wisdom. Really nice writing and delivery from the stand-in actress and from Nick Nolte.
Thanks for that... I could see how his character was developed to be an oracle of sorts (I have spoken) for Mando. I'm so glad to see a Kuill figure for those reasons you mentioned... really nice indeed!

He played a pinnacle roll in the success of Mando's mission from the beginning. I agree, the collaboration of Misty Rosas, Nick Nolte, and the creative team brought to life one of my most favorite character from the series.

I'll def add him as a companion to Mando and IG from a story telling point of view, and I hope he's armed with his blaster and backpack for sure. ;)

Well the ripple of delays - which IMO for shipping alone, ain't gonna be over soon. Then I read somewhere that in the fashion industry, they start shipping their holiday stuff in July. So there's more competition for container ships etc.

So I'm not gonna leap in to PO like I used to. Maybe buy a gift card, make a PO (to knock the eventual monthly payment down), wait, make another PO...SSC didn't help either with their RP changes. I don't like huge POs stacking up $$$$$ every month; and huge shipment delays. I forget what I even ordered and then SSC sends a reminder....:horror

For Mando really, u could just get the Beskar DX and call it a day. I'm not; but if u just wanted to represent.
The delays can be a pita and super frustrating for some, having to wait and wait and wait. For others... a blessing in disguise?

I thought this was the way for me haha. But honestly with having the Scout with bike come in, I think that will satisfy my sixth scale bike collection. Not trying to be in a biker club here haha.

Plus, scout had to have that bike. Even though It was big on the S2 promo stuff, I just could not have Mando displayed on the bike (if it were my only one). I went with S1 DLX and have OG. It will be an amazing release no doubt, but there will be plenty more amazing Mandos and accessories in the future no doubt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back