1/6 Hot Toys - TMS 021 - The Clone Wars: Ahsoka Tano Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some episodes are boring and a chore to watch, especially episodes centered around droids and jar jar binks. But after completing the whole series you won?t have any regrets watching it. As others have said it?s completely worth it to watch.

Okay - I just finished season 1 and started season 2. The last 4 episodes were much better. And the Cad Bane arc is pretty good.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Some episodes are boring and a chore to watch, especially episodes centered around droids and jar jar binks. But after completing the whole series you won?t have any regrets watching it. As others have said it?s completely worth it to watch.

I think I?m the only person who loved those droid episodes. Especially the ones with Gregor, the coolest looking clone imo. The ones I couldn?t stand were the Saw Gerrera episodes and the sister episodes from season 7.

I think I?m the only person who loved those droid episodes. Especially the ones with Gregor, the coolest looking clone imo. The ones I couldn?t stand were the Saw Gerrera episodes and the sister episodes from season 7.

I don't get the hate for the sister episodes. I loved them, more so than the bad batch episodes.

I wasn't a fan of the droid arc when it first aired, watching it weekly it really dragged out. But on a rewatch of the series enjoyed it much more. It was kinda disturbing to be honest in it's treatment of Gregor in the whole slave/programming a person to override their own free will perspective

Honestly Season 7 would have been a 10/10 if it werent for that horrible sisters arc.

The sisters were not that bad just not as exciting as the rest. It was a good way to bring Ahsoka back and see where her mind was and how the Jedi where viewed by normal people.

That arc had a purpose to show audience how people see the Jedi and believed the propaganda against them following ROTS.
But it was boring.

I wouldn?t skip any episodes. But I would advise watching them in chronological order. It baffles me why they weren?t broadcast in chronological order. But everything makes so much more sense in the storytelling is so much more fluid that way. I recommend doing a Google search for the playlist.

In case your wondering, this is the chronological order of Clone Wars
1 |216 | Cat and Mouse
2 | 116 | Hidden Enemy
3 | T | The Clone Wars theatrical release
4 | 301 | Clone Cadets
5 | 303 | Supply Lines
6 | 101 | Ambush
7 | 102 | Rising Malevolence
8 |103 | Shadow of Malevolence
9 | 104 | Destroy Malevolence
10 | 105 | Rookies
11 | 106 | Downfall of a Droid
12 |107 | Duel of the Droids
13 | 108 | Bombad Jedi
14 | 109 | Cloak of Darkness
15 | 110 | Lair of Grievous
16 | 111 | Dooku Captured
17 | 112 |The Gungan General
18 | 113 | Jedi Crash
19 | 114 | Defenders of Peace
20 | 115 | Trespass
21 | 117 | Blue Shadow Virus
22 | 118 | Mystery of a Thousand Moons
23 | 119 | Storm over Ryloth
24 | 120 | Innocents of Ryloth
25 | 121 | Liberty on Ryloth
26 | 201 | Holocron Heist
27 | 202 | Cargo of Doom
28 | 203 | Children of the Force
29 | 217 | Bounty Hunters
30 | 218 | The Zillo Beast
31 | 219 | The Zillo Beast Strikes Back
32| 204 | Senate Spy
33 | 205 | Landing at Point Rain
34 | 206 | Weapons Factory
35 | 207 | Legacy of Terror
36 | 208 | Brain Invaders
37 | 209 | Grievous Intrigue
38 | 210 | The Deserter
39 | 211 | Lightsaber Lost
40 | 212 | The Mandalore Plot
41 | 213 | Voyage of Temptation
42 | 214 | Duchess of Mandalore
43 | 220 | Death Trap
44 | 221 | R2 Come Home
45 | 222 | Lethal Trackdown
46 | 305 | Corruption
47 | 306 | The Academy
48 | 307 | Assassin
49 | 302 | ARC Troopers
50 | 304 | Sphere of Influence
51 | 308 | Evil Plans
52 | 122 | Hostage Crisis
53 | 309 | Hunt for Ziro
54 | 310 | Heroes on Both Side
55 | 311 | Pursuit of Peace
56 | 215 | Senate Murders
57 | 312 | Nightsisters
58 | 313 | Monster
59 | 314 | Witches of the Mist
60 | 315 | Overlords
61 | 316 | Altar of Mortis
62 | 317 | Ghosts of Mortis
63 |318 | The Citadel
64 | 319 | Counter Attack
65 | 320 | Citadel Rescue
66 | 321 | Padawan Lost
67 | 322 | Wookiee Hunt
68 | 401 | Water War
69 | 402 | Gungan Attack
70 | 403 | Prisoners
71 | 404 | Shadow Warrior
72 | 405 | Mercy Mission
73 | 406 | Nomad Droids
74 | 407 | Darkness on Umbara
75 | 408 | The General
76 | 409 | Plan of Dissent
77 | 410 | Carnage of Krell
78 | 411 | Kidnapped
79 | 412 | Slaves of the Republic
80 | 413 | Escape from Kadavo
81 | 414 | A Friend In Need
82 | 415 | Deception
83 | 416 | Friends and Enemies
84 | 417 | The Box
85 | 418 | Crisis on Naboo
86 | 419 | Massacre
87 | 420 | Bounty
88 | 421 | Brothers
89 | 422 | Revenge
90 | 502 | A War on Two Fronts
91 | 503 | Front Runners
92 | 504 | The Soft War
93 | 505 | Tipping Points
94 | 506 | The Gathering
95 | 507 | A Test of Strength
96 | 508 | Bound for Rescue
97 | 509 | A Necessary Bond
98 | 510 | Secret Weapons
99 | 511 | A Sunny Day in the Void
100 | 512 | Missing in Action
101 | 513 | Point of No Return
102 | 501 | Revival
103 | 514 | Eminence
104 | 515 | Shades of Reason
105 | 516 | The Lawless
106 | 517 | Sabotage
107 | 518 | The Jedi Who Knew Too Much
108 | 519 | To Catch a Jedi
109 | 520 | The Wrong Jedi
110 | 601 | The Unknown
111 | 602 | Conspiracy
112 | 603 | Fugitive
113 | 604 | Orders
114 | 605 | An Old Friend
115 | 606 | The Rise of Clovis
116 | 607 | Crisis at the Heart
117 | 608 | The Disappeared
118 | 609 | The Disappeared: Pt. II
119 | 610 | The Lost One
120 | 611 | Voices
121 | 612 | Destiny
122 | 613 | Sacrifice
Crystal Crisis On Utapau Story Reels
123 | A Death on Utapau
124 | In Search of the Crystal
125 | Crystal Crisis
126 | The Big Bang
The Bad Batch Story Reels
127 | The Bad Batch
128 | A Distant Echo
129 | On the Wings of Keeradaks
130 | Unfinished Business
Dark Disciple Novel
131 | Lethal Alliance
132 | The Mission
133 | Conspirators
134 | Dark Disciple
Son of Dathomir Comic Series
135 | The Enemy of My Enemy
136 | A Tale of Two Apprentices
137 | Proxy War
138 | Showdown on Dathomir
Dark Disciple Novel
139 | Saving Vos Part 1
140 | Saving Vos Part 2
141 | Traitor
142 |The Path

I would skip every episode where the droids are the protagonists. Those are all terrible. The final 4 episodes were some of the best SW I?ve ever watched. That said, I?m gonna pass on this and wait for the Rosario Dawson version

Yikes what a terrible idea.

Agreed! Imagine skipping episodes 1-4 of season 6.

As explained earlier, it was a tongue in cheek statement.

The clones were generally the dullest part of the series, but not the worst since there were also rogering battle droids.

Some of the battle scenes just go on and on, so you can fast forward them.

I didn't care for any of the clones or their personal stories, but if you travel with them you get to see parts of the universe and the artwork was often impressive.

For example, I found arcs like the Sisters far more watchable than the likes of the Bad Batch. Hence I fast forwarded through the latter.

i like world war two movies like the Dirty Dozen, Saving Private Ryan, The longest Day, etc. So i liked the bad batch and some of the other clone battles probably because some had that kind of feel to it (to me anyway). I would LOVE a live action straight up war movie along the lines of of D-Day with clones.

i like world war two movies like the Dirty Dozen, Saving Private Ryan, The longest Day, etc. So i liked the bad batch and some of the other clone battles probably because some had that kind of feel to it (to me anyway). I would LOVE a live action straight up war movie along the lines of of D-Day with clones.

There's definitely a place for that, and there's nothing quite like the visual and aural terror and confusion of the Normandy landing in Saving Private Ryan.

For cartoons long battle or action sequences seem catered towards young audiences. They often just hold up the plot. I find myself more interested in the dialogue, and character progression and interaction, or the stories that involve exploration and expanding the visual lore.

For me the key and most interesting character was Ahsoka.

Essentially this whole period, however, is less interesting than that approaching the OT. When Leia and Obi-Wan mentioned 'The Clone Wars' in ANH it was a thing of mystery, you could let your imagination run wild as to what they involved. It was a past event that had lead to the current state of the galaxy, but it was really only the current state of the galaxy that mattered.

I read Brian Daley's Han Solo trilogy long ago, so my concept of the Star Wars universe comprised a few years prior to ANH. L. Neil Smith's Lando trilogy then built upon that era. The Solo film takes us another ten years back from that. Any further back feels very peripheral, like the thousands of pages Tolkien wrote of the time before Bilbo became a burglar. They're stories for another time, as Maz would say, but never actually need to be told in blow by blow detail. I never wanted to see Baby Vader, because it undermines the mystery of the masked man.

Prequels are always fraught with pitfalls, because creators like Lucas don't know when to stop themselves. They have the urge to connect everything, and in turn make their universe smaller, as with making Darth Vader the maker of C-3PO. What are the odds? (Don't tell me the odds). And that's on top of making Leia Luke's sister, which is the pitfall of making sequels. lol (Going forwards in time though is usually a different matter, as there were some great expanded universe stories involving Luke, Leia, Han et al).

The Clone Wars themselves are always going to be compromised, as with the Prequel Trilogy, by the very fact that the prime enemy, the battle droids, were used so heavily for comical effect.

When Leia made her plea, "General Kenobi. Years ago you served my father in the Clone Wars. Now he begs you to help him in his struggle against the Empire."

It seems such a different universe to...

hqdefault.jpg

The last four episodes of The Clone Wars were something special. There was a power in the final episode that matched the feeling reading the Revenge of the Sith novelisation. The book was far better than the film. This is where the story of Star Wars feels like it's beginning, and starting to take on meaning.

clone-wars-season-7-episode-12-slice.png

The dawn of the Empire is where things start to get really compelling.

The sisters were not that bad just not as exciting as the rest. It was a good way to bring Ahsoka back and see where her mind was and how the Jedi where viewed by normal people.

I liked them for the same reason I like Mandalorian - I like to see what "ordinary characters" were doing. Like the mechanic in Mandolorian. Plus, thru Clone Wars and Rebels continue to be impressed that the characters are distinctive, fleshed out - it's good writing IMO.

IMO it was a writing fail in Infinity Wars to not have that color; which was avoided in Avengers by having that sequence at the end of "ordinary people".

That’s literally every show not just CW. They got their fair share of filler and boring set up episodes amid the good ones.

But that's subjective too. One person's boring is another's adding more color/details to the world. It can be irritating to not have "quiet moments" in a film/series. Guess it's a real skill to know when/where to edit.

The sisters were just a boring (at best, at worst nails on a chalkboard obnoxious) backdrop to put Ahsoka in to give us an idea of where she continued on after the jedi order. That could have been a 1 episode adventure. No idea why they stretched it out so much.

As far as battle scenes go, some of the best episodes were centered around the clones in action. My favorite arc is still the umbara storyline by far. Return assault on geonosis was good as well. I dont know, I like some clone wars in my clone wars :lol

Bad batch stuff was too cheesy and over the top imo though. The characters are almost just parodies.

The sisters were just a boring (at best, at worst nails on a chalkboard obnoxious) backdrop to put Ahsoka in to give us an idea of where she continued on after the jedi order. That could have been a 1 episode adventure. No idea why they stretched it out so much.

As far as battle scenes go, some of the best episodes were centered around the clones in action. My favorite arc is still the umbara storyline by far. Return assault on geonosis was good as well. I dont know, I like some clone wars in my clone wars :lol

Bad batch stuff was too cheesy and over the top imo though. The characters are almost just parodies.

Rookies is my favourite Clone Wars episode and that was the 6th episode in season 1.

Back