1/6 Hot Toys - TMS 008 - The Mandalorian: Bounty Hunter Droid IG-11 Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I took the plunge and pre-ordered IG-11 via SS using a discount code and some reward points.

I'll display alongside original Mando and the Hallmark ornament Grogu or the one from the Deluxe Beskar release.

I have a feeling that as cool as he looks in photos, in-hand, he is going to blow people away (no pun intended).

Congrats - I hope it's as impressive a job as the Ultron Mark 1, which is mindblowing. Also ordered 'coz his season 1 role is pretty significant, and on the shelf IMO he screams Star Wars. If u don't have a lot of SW, thought my shelf needed the grounding.

Plus, sad to say, if HT puts out Cara with a questionable sculpt, I'd really hafta think about it, as important as I think she is in the series.

As you pointed out, his role was definitely significant, giving that almost K2S0 vibe. Sacrifices self for the heroes and in turn becomes THE hero.

Good point regarding Cara. I can't think of many accessories that could be included so her head sculpt would be the main feature, no doubt. HT would need to have their A-team on that one.

So I recently just got Disney+. I finally started watching this show. I have watched 2 episodes so far. Although IG-11 was cool, the way he fought and teamed up with the Mandalorian, his appearance was short. The figure is nice, but I feel his screen time doesn?t necessitate a purchase. I thought he?d be in it more, but he gets blasted by the Mandalorian.

So I recently just got Disney+. I finally started watching this show. I have watched 2 episodes so far. Although IG-11 was cool, the way he fought and teamed up with the Mandalorian, his appearance was short. The figure is nice, but I feel his screen time doesn?t necessitate a purchase. I thought he?d be in it more, but he gets blasted by the Mandalorian.

You might want to keep watching... ;)

You definitely need to watch to the end of season 1 before making that judgement. Wink wink

dsmGaKWMeHXe9QuJtq_ys30PNfTGnMsRuHuo_MUzGCg.jpg

Moral of the story, don't come onto boards like this until you've watched it all. Season 2 included ! :lol

So, OK, got a PO delay for this guy until March...whether production or shipping delays, dunno.

*Shrug*. Gives me time to mess with my displays and learn to weather the Hasbro droids I picked up. Things seem to be pretty chaotic right now re production or shipping.

So, OK, got a PO delay for this guy until March...whether production or shipping delays, dunno.

*Shrug*. Gives me time to mess with my displays and learn to weather the Hasbro droids I picked up. Things seem to be pretty chaotic right now re production or shipping.

Damn, wasn't the original date for this supposed to be Q1 of 2020?

Damn, wasn't the original date for this supposed to be Q1 of 2020?

Far as I knew he should've showed up with Mando V1 - that's what I expected. Oct-Dec 2020...really thought I'd have both on the shelf by now.

But - thankfully Mando V1 was released; so I have something to play with. Am sure HT and their distributors are none too happy with all the delays - far as I know, usually u wanna make a sale before someone gets tired and cancels.

I won't; I feel like I really need IG-11 to go with Mando V1.

I'll be going for an end of season one look with mine. Plan to have IG-11 and Grogu on the speeder bike that comes with the Scout Trooper.

I'm going to wait until people get this one in hand. If he has the same build quality as K-2 I'd probably jump on it.

Perfection in that setup requires Kuiil. I want that pint sized ugnaught:gah:

Yeah me too. I'm wondering if Hot Toys ever thought, hmmm maybe we should have done Kuiil.

IG-11 is no cheap easy figure from a production tooling and, assembly and paint point of view. And they ended up killing him off.

Can't see HT doing IG-88 and the other bounty hunters at this point either. Strange ??

Yeah me too. I'm wondering if Hot Toys ever thought, hmmm maybe we should have done Kuiil.

IG-11 is no cheap easy figure from a production tooling and, assembly and paint point of view. And they ended up killing him off.

Can't see HT doing IG-88 and the other bounty hunters at this point either. Strange ??

Guess HT weighed up the expense of Cara - portrait, body, costume, weapons vs. something like a droid that's part of badass scenes, possibly familiar from the OT, and harder to mess up. Like all those helmeted figs getting pushed out.

When I saw the Mando V1 and IG protos on YT https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4PeqhEzRLo&t=42s - very cool, but don't think anyone knew how wildly successful the show would be.

HT just hedged their bets. I still think a blurrg and Kuiil would do well. Meanwhile no Kuill, no Cara even into Season 2.

I still think a blurrg and Kuiil would do well. Meanwhile no Kuill, no Cara even into Season 2.

Makes me sad. I would be so much more optimistic for The Mandalorian line if those two essential season one characters were already made or at least preordered.

Back