Hot Toys Tim Burton Batman Cosbaby line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The whole Burton Batman doesn't sell is BS. ALL the burton merch sold out and is only on Ebay. THE dcea stuff? Not so much. So I wouldn't be surprised if Batman returns and Batman nolan are coming soon.

The whole Burton Batman doesn't sell is BS. ALL the burton merch sold out and is only on Ebay. THE dcea stuff? Not so much. So I wouldn't be surprised if Batman returns and Batman nolan are coming soon.
Very true. The only Burton figure that lingered around for a while was the Mime Joker. The two Batman figures and original Joker sold out fairly fast though.

The whole Burton Batman doesn't sell is BS.

OK, then why no Burton Batman stuff in years? Why did the well dry up if there's so much money left on the table?

Where's the clamoring for Batman Forever besides the same 8 guys in this thread?

I think you guys over-estimate just how big the 1/6th market is. Its also shrinking -- higher prices and 1/12th scale is eroding the pool.

Look, I want Batman Returns stuff as badly as anyone here -- I still have my crappy make-shirt customs built from Horizon kits from 2005 -- but one has to wonder if there's such demand, then where are the figures?

I hope now that the MCU is over, maybe HT will look back again...

OK, then why no Burton Batman stuff in years? Why did the well dry up if there's so much money left on the table?

Where's the clamoring for Batman Forever besides the same 8 guys in this thread?

I think you guys over-estimate just how big the 1/6th market is. Its also shrinking -- higher prices and 1/12th scale is eroding the pool.

Look, I want Batman Returns stuff as badly as anyone here -- I still have my crappy make-shirt customs built from Horizon kits from 2005 -- but one has to wonder if there's such demand, then where are the figures?

The MCU is far from over. It's in the rebuilding stage, slowly starting things again like they did in phase 1. In 4 maybe 5 years, there will be a big Avengers film, planting the seeds for the next big villain and future Avengers films that will culminate with another huge EndGame style film. You and everyone else will slowly get back into the MCU with each new film even if you don't go see them in theaters, because you will eventually see them, and perhaps even like them.

As far as the Burton/Nolan stuff, a new Ledger Joker is inevitable. I don't know about the other characters tho. 2020 is a "slow" year for Marvel, with only a handful of new comic films, and few characters to make into figures, it's the perfect window to revisit older franchises.

The MCU is far from over. It's in the rebuilding stage, slowly starting things again like they did in phase 1. In 4 maybe 5 years, there will be a big Avengers film, planting the seeds for the next big villain and future Avengers films that will culminate with another huge EndGame style film. You and everyone else will slowly get back into the MCU with each new film even if you don't go see them in theaters, because you will eventually see them, and perhaps even like them.

Yeah, yeah, just like Star Wars PT. Have you learned nothing from the past? You can never 'do it again'.

Yeah, yeah, just like Star Wars PT. Have you learned nothing from the past? You can never 'do it again'.

SW was one film, a phenomenon, which led to two sequels, and a bunch of other films with mixed results. That's very common for franchises. There's no precedent for the MCU. Feige has the magic formula. We'll see this year if the formula still works, when Eternals and Black Widow come out.

1. That's Batman forever. One of the most sucky films of the batman franchise so of course there is a niche group of fans who like that. Batman forever barely has any merch for grown people at all.

2. I think it's obvious why ther is no Burton batman stuff. Hot toys have been sucking MCU off for years. They will chose another iron man over any other property. They will put money into a crappy variant of a character nobody cares about becuase it's MCU.

If burton Batman were announced today it would sell out fast. no question. People want the figures but HT doesn't broaden there range like before.

3. I don't know about the 1/6th scale market but I do know collectibles are doing fine , it's just HT that is failing to diverse it's scope with figures and just focus on stupid storm troppers and a red and gold robot. And I love Marvel

It entirely depends on how much of each was made, though. I imagine a lot more DCEU figures were made.

But yes, hopefully these cosbabys mean new stuff from both these lines, I hope!

They're up for pre order.

I like the official description. :lol

4.72 inches (12cm)
Made of plastic
From the 1989 Batman film
Super cute design
Non articulated
Collect them all

2. I think it's obvious why ther is no Burton batman stuff. Hot toys have been sucking MCU off for years. They will chose another iron man over any other property. They will put money into a crappy variant of a character nobody cares about becuase it's MCU.

Here's where we disagree. I think if Burton Batman was such a huge seller, HT would have made more figures -- at least one more Batman variant as well as the Cat and Penguin, AND another Jack as long as they were the only ones on the planet with his likeness rights. But they didn't. And they have offered some off-market choices during the MCU years, even a Ripley from Alien which has an even smaller fan base. I just don't think the sales were where everyone assumes they were. And HT needs a minimum price and a minimum edition size to even bother. If they can sell 12,000 Iron Man rehashes can you blame them for not wanting to make 3,000 Penguins instead? And perhaps they can't even sell that many.

They're up for pre order.

I like the official description. :lol

4.72 inches (12cm)
Made of plastic
From the 1989 Batman film
Super cute design
Non articulated
Collect them all

Never owned one of these. Are these at least the same weight of a funko pop? Price is double a single Pop.

Here's where we disagree. I think if Burton Batman was such a huge seller, HT would have made more figures -- at least one more Batman variant as well as the Cat and Penguin, AND another Jack as long as they were the only ones on the planet with his likeness rights. But they didn't. And they have offered some off-market choices during the MCU years, even a Ripley from Alien which has an even smaller fan base. I just don't think the sales were where everyone assumes they were. And HT needs a minimum price and a minimum edition size to even bother. If they can sell 12,000 Iron Man rehashes can you blame them for not wanting to make 3,000 Penguins instead? And perhaps they can't even sell that many.
I agree with a lot of what you’re saying. I do wonder though what sales expectations are like from Hot Toys’ perspective. I mean are they expecting all lines to sell about equally? They pretty much price everything about the same now days, whereas I feel like in the past there were different lines being offered at different price points. It feels in some ways like they experienced success with some of their bigger lines (MCU, Star Wars) and have the same expectations for everything now, which is kind of backwards.

Hot Toys isn't a huge factory system, though. There are limited number of sculptors and painters who can actually achieve the Hot Toys quality. When a "strike now" movie hits with no guarantee of a lasting fandom, it makes sense they focus on that. Batman and Batman Returns will sell the same no matter when they're released. Suicide Squad figures won't. So it only makes sense we haven't seen a lot of Burton Batman with the glut of current comic book movies out there. It seems now would be a great time to finally focus on those types of properties.

An HT 1/6 Penguin may be a tough sell in today?s market, with prices where they are and a changing if not shrinking demographic.

I somehow can?t imagine Pfeiffer Catwoman not selling well but that may be my own bias.

Better than Penguin, sure ? but not Black Widow well I suppose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Catwoman's sex appeal will help her sales. Some guys just buy sexy dolls.

But Penguin is not a real attractive figure on the shelf or desk at work, and its a much more complicated figure with a unique body and lots of detailed clothing. It's an expensive figure to produce and likely not a huge seller beyond the very accountable fans who have bought everything Burton Batman.

I can understand why HT never made a Penguin previously. But now prices seem to be where its more likely to be able to be made for a sellable price point... but still, for whatever reason, that fan base isn't large enough to justify a Penguin even with today's expected prices.

That all said, Cosbabies are often times an indication of things to come... so maybe this whole Burton run is a way to test the love for Burton Batman right now. Perhaps there is a correlation between those that buy Cosbabies and those that buy 1/6th... so Cosbabies sales are an inexpensive way to indicate popularity of an old franchise.

I think Catwoman could sell pretty easily. That version of the character remains pretty iconic I think. Although they should have released her and Penguin with the Returns Batman.

I think they'd be hard pressed to sell either Penguin or Catwoman now without Batman to go with them. They'd have to do a re-release, it's not like it was last year.

I think the main reason they're not doing these figures is the licensing rights. Who knows what Pheiffer or Devito want, and if only one of them signs off do you still make the other?

I think the main reason they're not doing these figures is the licensing rights. Who knows what Pheiffer or Devito want, and if only one of them signs off do you still make the other?

NECA had no problem with making Devito and Pfieffer

Catwoman's sex appeal will help her sales. Some guys just buy sexy dolls.

But Penguin is not a real attractive figure on the shelf or desk at work, and its a much more complicated figure with a unique body and lots of detailed clothing. It's an expensive figure to produce and likely not a huge seller beyond the very accountable fans who have bought everything Burton Batman.

I can understand why HT never made a Penguin previously. But now prices seem to be where its more likely to be able to be made for a sellable price point... but still, for whatever reason, that fan base isn't large enough to justify a Penguin even with today's expected prices.

That all said, Cosbabies are often times an indication of things to come... so maybe this whole Burton run is a way to test the love for Burton Batman right now. Perhaps there is a correlation between those that buy Cosbabies and those that buy 1/6th... so Cosbabies sales are an inexpensive way to indicate popularity of an old franchise.

I would never buy Cosbabies so I hope I'm not hurting my 1/6 chances. :lol

Hot Toys is run by a bunch of liars anyway. :lecture

There was a time I wouldn't have bought Penguin because he's actually kinda repulsive, but I've come around to the fact he's part and parcel of Burton unleashed and makes a beautiful (ugly) counterpoint to Pfeiffer so I'd buy him no questions asked.

But Hot Toys won't do it. :gah:

Pfeiffer Catwoman would sell better than half the figures they've made to date. It should be a no brainer for them. They made the Anne Hathaway Catwoman and lets face it her portrayal is light years behind Pfeiffer in terms of popularity with fans.

Back