Hot Toys TIE Interceptor

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd love to see who here would actually buy the big ol' TIE and not just talk about it.
I would seriously consider the Interceptor if it came up for sale. It would all depend on the price.
I know it's a different type of collector who collects the studio scale stuff (and it was a different time, 2011 I think), but there was only demand for about 750 at $1000 each.
Yeah but studio scale is smaller for the most part and this would not be 1k.

deafd138fa4a1392c9bf55afc428d9c7.jpg

:drool That's beautiful.

:drool That's beautiful.

What I don't get is why would Howard or whoever spend "$X" on tooling etc for something like this just for a one off. I can't imagine they are all scratch built parts. Why wouldn't you sell a few to at least get some money back on the investment ?

Sure I can also understand the wow factor of a one off. But c'mon I'd be interested in buying one, and I'm sure I'm not the only one. The Tie Interceptor looks so bad ass !

I live in hope that they come to these at some point. Maybe after the OT figures ??

I don't think that these will ever get made (TIE Interceptor/TIE Fighter) BUT the longer it in theory takes for them to order the higher the cost. Which means if they ever were offered up then it'd be higher than most collectors could take, few would sell and then HT would say they aren't marketable and never do it again. Howard though will keep making prototypes for his house.

What I don't get is why would Howard or whoever spend "$X" on tooling etc for something like this just for a one off. I can't imagine they are all scratch built parts. Why wouldn't you sell a few to at least get some money back on the investment ? Sure I can also understand the wow factor of a one off. But c'mon I'd be interested in buying one, and I'm sure I'm not the only one. The Tie Interceptor looks so bad ass ! I live in hope that they come to these at some point. Maybe after the OT figures ??

The only reason these are made is to keep HT in the public consciousness. It used to be that only hardcore collectors knew about HT but you've got even non-nerdy sites talking about Belle or Batman or Vader. As long as it keeps them getting free press and their name and product out there, they've served their purpose.

I doubt they spent big bucks on tooling. I'd hazard to guess that those one of models are mostly 3D printed and/or resin cast prototype models. I would be surprised if they're injection molded.

Sure, these are just part of their marketing or advertising budget. Am sure they will pop up at most Cons or fairs HT are at for the next years while Star Wars is pumping out new films. Just bummed that they didn't decide to make a few more for the fans.

My waitlist just converted!! :yess:

I've already cleared space on top of several Detolfs for the TIE Fighter, Falcon Cockpit and Rey's Speeder. :rock2

You might want to clear your house, once your spouse finds out you spent all your savings for these big things. :p

Back