Hot Toys - The Mandalorian: Shoretrooper Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just ordered this guy for free with my SS RP's. :yess: Just gotta pay $18 for shipping.

Was holding out for Captain Rex as my freebee , but I'll just use the remainder of my RP's on him whenever he's finally available for shipping. Will still be less than 1/2 price or even lower if Sideshow gives out some more RP's between now and then..

Finally got to open this today, along with 501st Deluxe. Real quick pose and impression:

I love the ShoreTrooper design and this figure is a perfect sixth scale representation. Hard to beat the 501st in terms of accessories and I much prefer the ratchet joints. But again I couldn’t pass up getting the ShoreTrooper simply becaUse of the design. Great addition to the troopers.

7F9F0319-4541-46D3-AA75-F10FA80E2050.jpeg
3C3031DC-FAE4-4B94-8C4F-FB8FC7AAE892.jpeg

My Shoretrooper was delivered today. Glad I decided to get one. I only need/want a single grunt. I prefer the regular troopers over commanders. Unless I was gonna get multiples.

The wrist pegs going into the forearm seem awful loose. Every time I move his hands around, the peg falls out of the forearm. Never had a problem like this before. They are usually tight and snap in and if anything I'm afraid to pull them out and have it break off (why they give extras). Anyone else's seem this loose?

Anyway, I bought a couple parted out Thermal Detonators (3x full & 2 half) from the 501st/Coruscant Guard Troopers. Gave him one to hold in his other hand.

Here's 2 crappy phone pics

20220103_180225.jpg
20220103_180342.jpg

My Shoretrooper was delivered today. Glad I decided to get one. I only need/want a single grunt. I prefer the regular troopers over commanders. Unless I was gonna get multiples.

The wrist pegs going into the forearm seem awful loose. Every time I move his hands around, the peg falls out of the forearm. Never had a problem like this before. They are usually tight and snap in and if anything I'm afraid to pull them out and have it break off (why they give extras). Anyone else's seem this loose?

Anyway, I bought a couple parted out Thermal Detonators (3x full & 2 half) from the 501st/Coruscant Guard Troopers. Gave him one to hold in his other hand.

Here's 2 crappy phone pics

View attachment 553857View attachment 553858

The hands are indeed a bit of a pain in the ass on this one. It's because the forearm armor interferes with the hand connection point at the wrist peg. Have to pull back on the forearm armor and be very careful when changing the pose or the hand pops right off.

I also had an issue with the right hand that was quickly remedied after a minor adjustment. I found that the excess material with sleeve of the black body suit was crowding the wrist peg.

It helped to remove the forearm armor and push the sleeve away from the wrist peg and hand. No issue since.

Had some fun posing this guy today. I will say this has one of the most “man in a suit” look when taking pictures. I think it comes down to the real-er world look of the ShoreTrooper armour and how well Hot Toys replicated that in sixth scale. Amazing piece. So so so happy with this.
2DAC68FC-BD98-4029-923D-1AB65574F19B.jpeg
4F22B2C5-1B16-42D6-8A5F-74EA1430E5CA.jpeg
92B2B7BE-D2D1-4E5B-8E22-610E62956CC2.jpeg
5BD2A584-89CA-4758-A657-D5426EB52BFA.jpeg
586F9D11-0654-44D2-AD78-D107432D24C9.jpeg

Last edited:
Very cool, endo1, and it really does work with the look of the Shore Trooper.
Thanks FlyAndFight! Have you had the chance to set yours up yet?

Great figure and pose, @endo1!
Thanks Chainedstream! 👍

Had some fun posing this guy today. I will say this has one of the most “man in a suit” look when taking pictures. I think it comes down to the real-er world look of the ShoreTrooper armour and how well Hot Toys replicated that in sixth scale. Amazing piece. So so so happy with this.
View attachment 553980View attachment 553981View attachment 553982View attachment 553983View attachment 553984
Congrats bebe13junior!
I like the crossover armaments. I think he needs to get that Z-6 out of the pack and rock n roll!! 😉

Congrats bebe13junior!
I like the crossover armaments. I think he needs to get that Z-6 out of the pack and rock n roll!!!
Haha thanks Endo! I got them both as XMas gifts and I always try and use every accessory. Worked out well. I doubt I’d be able to get the ShoreTrooper to hold the Z-6 well since I found it impossible to do so with the Clone Trooper.

Thanks FlyAndFight! Have you had the chance to set yours up yet?

Unfortunately, no. I think in the last month, I have received over a dozen new figures and have set up just "three"...

I've worked on some older figure projects, as well. Need more time and display space, in order to set the rest up. Definitely looking forward to setting up these troopers, though!

Unfortunately, no. I think in the last month, I have received over a dozen new figures and have set up just "three"...

I've worked on some older figure projects, as well. Need more time and display space, in order to set the rest up. Definitely looking forward to setting up these troopers, though!
I hear ya! I've been working on expanding the display, last couple of weeks, and it can def take up a lot of creative energy.

Haha thanks Endo! I got them both as XMas gifts and I always try and use every accessory. Worked out well. I doubt I’d be able to get the ShoreTrooper to hold the Z-6 well since I found it impossible to do so with the Clone Trooper.
I guess the trigger hands would have to do, or on the 501st trooper I got it to work with the right relaxed, and left trigger hand. I agree, it's not perfect grip though.

2.jpg4.jpg
Took another look at my Shoretrooper and noticed the glue on one side of the ammo pouch is starting to come off. Checked my previous post and see that this was an issue straight out of the box, just didn't notice it. Will contact the seller and see what can be done.

Holster 1.jpeg

(From previous post, notice the small flare)

Be aware of this when you get yours in hand! Not sure how frequent this issue is.

I originally bought the shore trooper squad leader
But quickly decided it wasn’t the one for me-sold it & managed to get a brand new sealed regular shoretrooper on eBay for a good deal-I know right! 😂- but really happy with him-he looks great

Attachments

• 825A7514-68C5-4816-859E-BE85336A5E89.jpeg
    825A7514-68C5-4816-859E-BE85336A5E89.jpeg
    155.2 KB · Views: 52
Back