Hot Toys - The Mandalorian: Shoretrooper Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Picked up another assault pack, this version is a darker color and has some nice extra detailing…
Nice addition! I liked it so much, I had to do the same. Thanks for sharing!
E9DCB973-D811-45DE-9715-0D39F3955D40.jpeg
EF255080-D4F8-4621-B185-18D32B728840.jpeg

The backpack arrived today and looks even better in hand. I'll do some fiddling with it once I'm ready to display the figure.

Thanks for the idea, endo1!
That's very cool Fly! Glad you found it, and that it's still available. Yeah, I see them on eBay once in a while. I look forward to everyone's pics and ideas.
Cheers!☕

Well, according to tracking, it looks like my parcel from KG Hobby is returning to HK today. It's a first for me. It looks like new EU customs regulations in place for a year now are finally having an effect on parcels from HK :rolleyes:

Well, according to tracking, it looks like my parcel from KG Hobby is returning to HK today. It's a first for me. It looks like new EU customs regulations in place for a year now are finally having an effect on parcels from HK :rolleyes:
Oh that’s a new! What EU regulations are you thinking of? Haven’t noticed anything yet, TW still hasn’t shipped out my tank commander. But they’re quick with giving tracking numbers!

Oh that’s a new! What EU regulations are you thinking of? Haven’t noticed anything yet, TW still hasn’t shipped out my tank commander. But they’re quick with giving tracking numbers!
Well. It might be a thing with french customs but you don't really know what is a national regulation or a EU one these days. Anyway, most parcels declared under €150 used to go thru with no problem at all. For a year now, all are taxed whatever declared value is.
This being said, according to KGH latest communication, it seems the parcel (2 figures) was too large for the transport mode used (Speedpak). They will soon send it back using DHL e-commerce.

Rather than providing a clumsy and likely incomplete explanation, i'll just throw a link to a DHL page that summarize what chages were implemented back in july of last year.

2021 EU regulations changes

From an individual collector stand point, it basically means most of the 15 to 20 figures ordered from Asian sellers were going thru customs without proper taxation (20% + transporter fees). Now, the net is much tighter and none can avoid taxation.

My Mando Shoretooper arrived today.

I thought by buying one I might grow to like the design.

However, in hand he's even worse due to the icky armour colour.

It's the oddest, most indescribable hue. Yellow with the slightest hint of green? Nothing close to any other trooper armour.

At first I thought he was really short, but putting him next to the original short (Luke) Stormtrooper I realised that it was that Han Mudtrooper and Mando Scout Trooper were just tall.

Don't know whether this design or colour will ever grow on me. The photo with flash doesn't make him look as bad.

100_2337.JPG

However, in hand he's even worse due to the icky armour colour.

It's the oddest, most indescribable hue. Yellow with the slightest hint of green? Nothing close to any other trooper armour.

Don't know whether this design or colour will ever grow on me. The photo with flash doesn't make him look as bad.

I don’t often see negative opinions on the Shoretrooper design so I’m a bit surprised but to each their own, of course.

I love the Shoretrooper design personally and like the color. Makes sense for a coastal defense trooper. And it’s nice to get something other than the usual white and black armor.

The color is beige. Specifically Montana Gold’s Sahara Beige, which was used on the production armor. Hot Toys got pretty close.

0CE18CDB-8600-4D79-A200-B09A591C69DA.jpeg

I don’t often see negative opinions on the Shoretrooper design so I’m a bit surprised but to each their own, of course.

I love the Shoretrooper design personally and like the color. Makes sense for a coastal defense trooper. And it’s nice to get something other than the usual white and black armor.

The color is beige. Specifically Montana Gold’s Sahara Beige, which was used on the production armor. Hot Toys got pretty close.

I've never liked the design, especially with the brown trousers and boots, but thought I ought to have at least one example of one.

He'd look better in white or green, with either black or green trousers and boots. Putting him at the back of that shelf helps to tone down the armour colour, and Jyn's browns and khakis help the rest of him to blend in.

I might try him with black trousers and boots, to make his lower half more uniform with the top.

Back