Hot Toys - The Mandalorian - Scout Trooper and Speeder Bike Set + The Child

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man - I really want the set but have a feeling if I buy it, they'll announce an ROTJ shortly after lol.
Anyone know how large the box is? Running out of storage space >_>

The weathering on the trooper is insane-so much better than the sand trooper & the remnant trooper. It?s much duller & far more realistic.
I?m thinking of buying a single trooper as it looks that good.
The speeder bike
Is the same-I wouldn?t wait on this.
This is without a doubt some of hot toys best work.
The box is 23 inches x 14 inches
c4f01af1302ae299b5a4f0314a3e4e76.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just get this set and a single ROTJ trooper later.
Unless you really want that brown coloured bike.
But saving yourself from either the wait or the possibility that this might run out or they never even make a ROTJ version.

Are these already being shipped by SS in the USA...? Looks great... waiting on brown bike, but plan to pick up one trooper.

Just get this set and a single ROTJ trooper later.
Unless you really want that brown coloured bike.
But saving yourself from either the wait or the possibility that this might run out or they never even make a ROTJ version.

Exactly this! [emoji106]
I said the same thing earlier on in this thread & some people gave me **** about it?
But i would not want to miss out on this.
Its beyond expectations on how good it is.

a467c27bbcbec3569339bc6ddc936cdf.jpg

9b4a932ceda0bb67c6aaac8813730dcc.jpg
That was fast! Looks so nice! I wouldn't bother dusting the top of the Detolf either... adds to the realism! It looks cool, you're already half way to a diorama with that base! Congrats! Can't wait...but I will.

That was fast! Looks so nice! I wouldn't bother dusting the top of the Detolf either... adds to the realism! It looks cool, you're already half way to a diorama with that base! Congrats! Can't wait...but I will.

Ha... i was waiting for someone to mention the dust [emoji2359]-I was thinking about getting some dark sand tho and putting a border around it.
Would finish it off nicely.
Cheers [emoji106]

Ha... i was waiting for someone to mention the dust [emoji2359]-I was thinking about getting some dark sand tho and putting a border around it.
Would finish it off nicely.
Cheers [emoji106]

Totally! You could trim a piece of styrofoam to match the Detolf square top, paint it black/grey. Then place the bike base where you want it, cut out the styrofoam to match the bike base shape, so it can recess down in some, then add the dark sand all around it like you mentioned... would look perfect! ;)

Also, I've shared this before, but the sand effects seem relevant here too...
I saw this idealized, custom, diorama video on a 3d printed, 1/8th scale Mando swoop bike and display. The sand on the base was put down with a watery mixture of Mod Podge which is like pva or white glue, but different having additional ingredients. It made the sand harden and stay in place. Very neat effect, check it out for more cool ideas...

Last edited:
Totally! You could trim a piece of styrofoam to match the Detolf square top, paint it black/grey. Then place the bike base where you want it, cut out the styrofoam to match the bike base shape, so it can recess down in some, and then add the dark sand all around it like you mentioned... would look perfect! ;)

Noted and already on it! [emoji122]

Great review as always JP! Since discovering the channel this year, I've enjoyed catching up on all your SW and Mando unboxings!

I had the Hasbro speeder back before Sideshow released its first Jedi Luke. Sadly, I was never able to put a decent trooper on it, but I do appreciate that comparison. The location footage at the park... I could not stop smiling!

And Hey, I'm glad I'm not the only one who appreciates the Hot Toys Cologne! Lol :yess:

Not sure if there's a thread for the single trooper but this figure is really incredible. Instant man-in-suit vibes and the material for the boots is just perfect. The Sideshow figure was okay for me but always felt a little bit clunky and posed kinda weird. Plus the helmet issues of course.

I'm impressed that anyone can hold off the 2 years or whatever until the ROTJ version. I couldn't even wait the 6 months for SS to get stock so ordered from Hong Kong. :lol

Gonna try to take some more shots later this evening.

bb29955f460390aafbaf76e33545f06d.jpg

Last edited:
Nice shot, TonTon. He does have a very life like quality. The long pauldrons and chest certainly create a character.

Sideshow's current estimation is May-June, but I wouldn't put much faith in that.

Nice shot, TonTon. He does have a very life like quality. The long pauldrons and chest certainly create a character.

Sideshow's current estimation is May-June, but I wouldn't put much faith in that.
Thanks, Asta! Pretty much right out of the box there.

Late June seems possible but there always seems to be multiple batches these days so even getting it initially straight from SS isn't guaranteed like it used to be. Nice to splurge once in a while and skip all that (think I've only done that with two other figures since I started -- TFA Han and ESB Boba, which released in HK at basically retail for some reason).

I can pretend this guy got lost in the woods of Endor for several moon years. Living off Ewok meat and using their pelts for blankets.

Not sure if there's a thread for the single trooper but this figure is really incredible. Instant man-in-suit vibes and the material for the boots is just perfect. The Sideshow figure was okay for me but always felt a little bit clunky and posed kinda weird. Plus the helmet issues of course.

I'm impressed that anyone can hold off the 2 years or whatever until the ROTJ version. I couldn't even wait the 6 months for SS to get stock so ordered from Hong Kong. :lol

Gonna try to take some more shots later this evening.

bb29955f460390aafbaf76e33545f06d.jpg

Couldn?t agree more, how good is the weathering on it? I think it?s some of hot toys best painting applications Iv seen.
I wish they?d done the remnant trooper the same way.
I?m getting a second one to to go with mine

I can pretend this guy got lost in the woods of Endor for several moon years. Living off Ewok meat and using their pelts for blankets.

Around the campfire in the evening, Ewok elders scare the younglings with stories of the 'grubby ghost' lurking in the forest... who will come and eat them if they don't eat their greens, brush their teeth and go to bed on time!

Couldn?t agree more, how good is the weathering on it? I think it?s some of hot toys best painting applications Iv seen.
I wish they?d done the remnant trooper the same way.

Speaking of weathering, I saw in one video review that up close the paint is actually a pattern of dots like pixels, which is how I think they've been applying it for some time.

Speaking of weathering, I saw in one video review that up close the paint is actually a pattern of dots like pixels, which is how I think they've been applying it for some time.

Yeah they?ve been using that process for years now. It?s the finish of the paint that I?m meaning is so impressive. It looks lived in

Back