Hot Toys - The Mandalorian - Scout Trooper and Speeder Bike Set + The Child

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the problem I have with the finish of the scout is it looks less like desert weathering/grime and more like all the armor was left in an oven too long. More like lightly burned cookies than grimy.:lol

And yeah, this Mando bike and the ROTJ bike are about 80-90% similar, but 10-20% different - there quite a few minor but noticeable detailing differences.

HT will need to revise quite a few things to turn this into an accurate ROTJ bike, and so it does make you wonder - after they've sold a lot of these, and the SSC ROTJ bike's been available all that time, will there be enough incentive to do a ROTJ bike?

People's assumption that HT will obviously do a ROTJ bike seems to be based on the idea of it being a simple repaint - but there's more than that. Or maybe HT wouldn't care - just release an 80-90% accurate ROTJ bike because nearly all of these minor differences nobody would really notice.:dunno

They couldn't be bothered to sculpt a properly warped helmet for the ROTJ Stormies so I doubt they'd make more complicated alterations to the already pricey speeder bikes. I'd love to be proven wrong of course.

No shipper box? How come no one singing praises to timecent mentioned that? That is important to many people.

I read DR37's quote as Popcultcha having no shipper (I've never ordered from them).

In any case with Timcent (ToysBuyingAgent) you get a brown shipper with the Hot Toys box bubble wrapped inside that shipper. Then he even wraps the shipper in plastic paper stuff to make it look like a private delivery.

I've never seen better packaging myself.

IMG_9815.jpg

IMG_9814.jpg

I just couldn't miss out on the child, I ordered the life size, the 1:6 Mando set and this one just looks amazing!
Just ordered one of these too, his face IS perfect!

I ordered one for a mate too, front line worker and a massive SW fan.

No shipper box? How come no one singing praises to timecent mentioned that? That is important to many people.

''Many people'' meaning you and about two other people on planet Malgus. It's a SHIPPING box! Its only purpose is to SHIP and protect. It's not the figure box. Surely anyone with even a modicum of intelligence would be able to tell the difference. It's of no value whatsoever. I hate it when buyers get arsey about the bloody shipping box.

I just couldn't miss out on the child, I ordered the life size, the 1:6 Mando set and this one just looks amazing!
Just ordered one of these too, his face IS perfect!

I ordered one for a mate too, front line worker and a massive SW fan.

Nice.:duff

Am grimly holding on NOT buying some stuff, tryin' not to overload before Cara and possibly Kuill are released. But those scenes with the Troopers and IG-11 are just too...I dunno, it was amazing:clap.

Plus, with Mando/Child set and this set, too many display options. Man, I am really missing SDCC vids right now - or what would've been the SW displays by HT.:( First world problems tho. :monkey1

Apologies if if I communicated wrong. Popcultcha DOES send in the HT shipper, super bubble wrapped and bomb-proof as Momaw mentioned. A football player could boot it across a field to your porch and the contents and box would be perfectly fine. Best protective shipping I?ve ever had in this hobby.
Timcent DOES NOT get the HT shipper - as many in HK - but makes his own, Bubble wrapping the art box and inserting that into his shipper - as seen in Hoody?s image above and still great packaging :D

I need that new Child and satchel.

This might sound sacrilege to Star War purists but I?m thinking of getting this set mainly for Baby Yoda but pairing the speeder with Endor Luke or Leia.

I know it?s not screen accurate. If Hot Toys ever repaints this for ROTJ, I can always buy that. After reading mixed reviews about the SSC speeder, I?d rather go with Hot Toys.

This might sound sacrilege to Star War purists but I?m thinking of getting this set mainly for Baby Yoda but pairing the speeder with Endor Luke or Leia.

I know it?s not screen accurate. If Hot Toys ever repaints this for ROTJ, I can always buy that. After reading mixed reviews about the SSC speeder, I?d rather go with Hot Toys.

I always thought the Speeder Bike in RotJ had an inaccurate paint job, as it was designed for the Sarlac scene, and later used for the Scouts for some reason. The gray color scheme is more in line with Imperial design convention.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm kinda wishing there was an option to just buy the speeder itself, as it looks like something that would make for a great display piece.

Yeah I want two speeder bikes, one for the Scout Trooper and one for IG-11 and wish I had the option of *not* having to purchase two Scouts to accomplish that.

I always thought the Speeder Bike in RotJ had an inaccurate paint job, as it was designed for the Sarlac scene, and later used for the Scouts for some reason. The gray color scheme is more in line with Imperial design convention.

The original kenner toy was white/greyish, so wonder if the change was done late in production.

I'm kinda wishing there was an option to just buy the speeder itself, as it looks like something that would make for a great display piece.

Yeah I want two speeder bikes, one for the Scout Trooper and one for IG-11 and wish I had the option of *not* having to purchase two Scouts to accomplish that.

Nothing stopping you from selling the Scout and Baby Yoda loose. You'd probably get $180+ for the Trooper and $60+ for Baby Yoda making the Speeder $455-240 =$215

Rough numbers I know, but probably less than they would have sold it for separately anyway.

If they'd just offered the speeder and baby + bag, I would've gone for that. I really don't need/planned on the Troopers. HT is evil that way:devil so u end up buying the set, another set or a separate Trooper, and IG-11.

But plan to step around that and use the speeder for IG-11 and the Trooper can just be hanging around the gate or something on the shelf, with some other background characters. Unless I win the lottery.:cool:

Nothing stopping you from selling the Scout and Baby Yoda loose. You'd probably get $180+ for the Trooper and $60+ for Baby Yoda making the Speeder $455-240 =$215

Yeah, I might try selling the Trooper; at least right now for me he's an extra on the shelf. Even getting some funds back would be good.

*Shrug* People should collect and display for themselves. Most people seeing your collection aren't gonna know the difference. I like reading the SW experts posts (like when I needed more Stormtrooper heads 'coz if possible I'd like the RIGHT heads:cool:) but unless they are side by side, doubt I'd know the difference between an Endor speeder and a "Mandalorian" speeder. It's a speeder. That HT pic with IG-11 sucked me right in; laughed my *ss off when IG-11 and the Child were blowing through town.:cool: Fortunately I'd wanted IG-11 anyway.

Within a month of the first Child figure coming out, there will be KO sets flooding the market.

I'm not condoning that. But I am saying that the child portrait that comes with this will be attainable at some point, just through less scrupulous venues.

That's a theory I've seen for years - I think entirely based on the making-of pic of the bikes in Yuma under the sail barge - but I don't think the bikes ever had any connection to the Jabba storyline. My understanding was it simply a fabrication/transportation thing that the bikes were there.

Within a month of the first Child figure coming out, there will be KO sets flooding the market.

I'm not condoning that. But I am saying that the child portrait that comes with this will be attainable at some point, just through less scrupulous venues.

Yeah, I would guess that anything BY will be the most knocked-off SW product ever by end of this year.

Back